Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couldn't Keep This Under Wraps Any Longer...
*Jaws theme*

[Image: th_OpterOWNED.jpg]

Nothing is safe :ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Jebuz, Budda, Allah I love you all! save me!

So basically how much faster is this? like what would the equivalent be?
[Image: vipersig.jpg]
In soviet Russia, computer controls you!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
WOW
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
It's like having 2 2.5GHz Athlon 64s. Or... not quite two FX-55s.

There's a minor RAM bandwidth penalty for core contention... to the tune of 200MB/sec. Like I said, minor. 6.8GB/sec of low latency memory bandwidth is mine for the taking.

It renders in Premiere Pro 1.5 and WME STUPID FAST. I now have a rig to re-encode all my newly-downloaded Top Gear Episodes with ease.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
you bastard!

Those bastards at asus didnt make a good enough fan for my motherboard, and now my system is dead, Hopefully its just the fan, because i heard it making noise and then i shut the comp off.

Pray for my fx-55 :(
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I heard these Opteron's were very receptive to high overclocking, wow! Is there a certain mother board u need to use or can most 939 socket boards work? I've been looking into it, but I can tell you, you've helped me make my decision :P
[Image: vipersig.jpg]
That's great; but does anyone else here find it ironic that the guy with the fastest rig is also the one with an SPI?

:poke2:

:lol:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Dec 20 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:That's great; but does anyone else here find it ironic that the guy with the fastest rig is also the one with an SPI?

[right][snapback]161790[/snapback][/right]

Ouch! :lol:
i have no clue what that means.
'03 Focus SVT
My X2 is at 2.4 GHz and has been there since I bought it. The Asus board is my limiting factor. My RAM will even do 275 MHz (550).

So I guess what I'm saying is... that's not near enough... the Opteron is supposed to be a good overclocker, you should be able to do 2.7. :P

nice though, will crunch well.

Edit: It's an X2 3800+
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Oh it's quite stable at 2.7... I just didn't feel like piddling around.

Also, the nice part about the dang thing is it's stable with stock core voltage at 25% faster than stock. The OCZ DIMMs I have are currently running @ CAS 2, 3-3-6, DDR500.

I may take it higher down the road, but trust me... 5GHz of A64 horsepower is MORE than enough. It's like being Nate or Kevin or Meford's kid and having all that boost... you don't need to be into it all the time to appreciate it. It's knowing that you can do the mundane things super-easy that makes it nice.

I was Folding on one core last night, backing up my email and stuff, and then playing NFS:MW. Super-smooth.

OAC_Sparky,Dec 20 2005, 12:15 PM Wrote:That's great; but does anyone else here find it ironic that the guy with the fastest rig is also the one with an SPI?

[right][snapback]161790[/snapback][/right]

LOL! Good point, Sparky :D

what am i suppost to be looking at
My other ride is your Mom
haha 3d mark it now!

w/ my fx-55 @ 2.8ghz = 8856 3d marks :)
05 Altima SE-R
With what vid card Scooba?

X800XL? :blink:

I ran it the other night, 3DMark 2005 build 120 - 5689 3DMarks.

I doubt it's SMP-aware.

I'm at 2.4 GHz undervolting mine. the Asus did that without me knowing... I could up it but it wouldn't change until a newer bios revision, but since it ran stable at 2.4 at 1.3v (instead of 1.4) I just left it.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
BFG 7800GTX-OC 256...

At 2.6 it will run a steady 8300 3d marks...

Still tempted to ebay another one and run SLI
05 Altima SE-R
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 20 2005, 04:45 PM Wrote:It's like having 2 2.5GHz Athlon 64s. Or... not quite two FX-55s.

There's a minor RAM bandwidth penalty for core contention... to the tune of 200MB/sec. Like I said, minor. 6.8GB/sec of low latency memory bandwidth is mine for the taking.

It renders in Premiere Pro 1.5 and WME STUPID FAST. I now have a rig to re-encode all my newly-downloaded Top Gear Episodes with ease.
[right][snapback]161784[/snapback][/right]

what did I tell you about talking like this... now I gotta go change my pants again.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
FocusGuy7476,Dec 20 2005, 05:46 PM Wrote:i have no clue what that means.
[right][snapback]161794[/snapback][/right]

same here... :blink:
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...