FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Maserati Faster Than An Enzo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was watching Top Gear this morning, and they're test driving a new Ascari, but I noticed something during a camera shot.

This season, the Enzo is not at the top of their power board laptimes. It appears as though this, the Maserati MC12
[Image: mc12_taglioant_open_hi_G.jpg]
is at the top of the list, beating the Enzo's laptime by .1 seconds.

Andrew, me thinks we found you a new midlife crisis car...
Maybe in a different color and better rims, and better interior, and hardtop/...

yeh then it would be cool!

right now,...ugly as hell
better looking than an enzo
darkpuppet,Nov 26 2005, 09:09 AM Wrote:better looking than an enzo
[right][snapback]157775[/snapback][/right]

What isn't?

As for getting a MC12 well I think that they only make 25 road cars a year to meet the minimum FIA requirement. Then there is that nasty money business and all.
The Maserati MC12 comes with a hardtop and the Interior in my opinion is pretty sweet with all those carbon fibre accents and all. I think the car is beautiful all the way around and looks very close to a Ferrari F50
[Image: f5011.jpg]
[Image: mc12.jpg]
[Image: mc124.jpg]
this was in 50 cents new video window shopper ...
^--- who cares?

Was that the same episode where they had the guy drive it in the snow and hit a wall (slowish) and cracked the wing. No wait that was Fifth Gear I think. Anyway, I really have to give it to the guy, he drove the car all the way from his house, to the study, in the snow and bad weather. Than around the track. And then home again (with the broken wing). Atleast he's out there driving the car and it's not just on display.

I wonder how much it cost to repair the wing heh.
doesn't the MC12 use some of the same technology as the Enzo, i know that Ferrari and Maserati are owned by the same company.
FocusGuy7476,Nov 26 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:doesn't the MC12 use some of the same technology as the Enzo, i know that Ferrari and Maserati are owned by the same company.
[right][snapback]157846[/snapback][/right]

probably... but I hate ferrari, so this is a great victory in my opinion.
FocusGuy7476,Nov 27 2005, 12:47 AM Wrote:doesn't the MC12 use some of the same technology as the Enzo, i know that Ferrari and Maserati are owned by the same company.
[right][snapback]157846[/snapback][/right]
I thought it was identical except for the body and interior. But maybe I'm wrong.
All the current Maserati road cars use Ferrari engines, making the Coupe an absolute steal (relatively speaking) at about $100G.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/overviews/20...e-gransport.php
Oh that is sweet. Imagine me getting one before you. :o :D

I'm getting the made to measure luggage
Old news :D
D-Dub,Nov 27 2005, 09: Wrote:Old news :D
[right][snapback]157941[/snapback][/right]

where were you when this was new news?
That Maserati looks a LOT like the F50, as Burnin noted.

With that said, I love the F50 but can't get my head around the Maserati. And it's such a bargain, too.

Where's my 800 HP Focus?
Aka,Nov 26 2005, 11:58 PM Wrote:^--- who cares?

[right][snapback]157827[/snapback][/right]

Easy there...the guy is stating an observation. Looks like someone doesnt like Fiddy! :P

I was about to say the same thing, i saw the video the other night and was wondering what car it was. It does looke pretty sweet.
I found the top gear video where they test drove the MC12.

thank you google!
Holy geez that car is nuts...

and he seriously has the best job in the world.
darkpuppet,Nov 28 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Nov 27 2005, 09: Wrote:Old news :D
[right][snapback]157941[/snapback][/right]

where were you when this was new news?
[right][snapback]157971[/snapback][/right]

I was watching it on my DVD player..... the next day after the show was aired In Eurpoe.

Top Gear started up again this month and yes Ive watched the first eppisode already........damn it was good.
D-Dub,Nov 28 2005, 11: Wrote:I was watching it on my DVD player..... the next day after the show was aired In Eurpoe.

Top Gear started up again this month and yes Ive watched the first eppisode already........damn it was good.
[right][snapback]158206[/snapback][/right]

yeah, I've noticed that BBC Canada shows last year's top gear, but the full 1 hour episode (complete with the news, celebrity laps in the Top Gear econo-car)...

and BBC world shows the current season, but only the half-hour test drive portion.
Pages: 1 2