FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Recall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just got a letter today from Ford, all 2000 - 2004 and some 2005 4-door, 4-door wagon and 5 door. this recall is about the rear door latches corroding. just thought i'd post it if you guys didn't get the letter.

Recall 05S27

Tom
ZTS_DJ,Nov 25 2005, 02:33 AM Wrote:just got a letter today from Ford, all 2000 - 2004 and some 2005 4-door, 4-door wagon and 5 door. this recall is about the rear door latches corroding. just thought i'd post it if you guys didn't get the letter.

Recall 05S27

Tom
[right][snapback]157649[/snapback][/right]

Thanks but....

Last year went that way --------------------------->
Had mine done over the summer. Get 'er done if you haven't had it fixed yet!
actuall my passanger door handel iss Reallly stifff like somtimes it take a good hard pull on it to open could this be the problem ?
YEAH, they are having trouble with newer cars than what was originally listed in the recall..... i knew this was going to happen seeing that my 05 has had tight handles since 20km
Crazirich,Nov 25 2005, 12:09 PM Wrote:YEAH, they are having trouble with newer cars than what was originally listed in the recall..... i knew this was going to happen seeing that my 05 has had tight handles since 20km
[right][snapback]157675[/snapback][/right]

I had them adjust *all* the doors on my '05. The effort required to open the doors was getting to the point of being classiffied as an aerobic exercise <_<

NefCanuck
I'm having the same problem. All my doors need a good pull to open, most of the time I'm opening the passenger door from the inside...WTF.
Ahhh.....it has finally happened..

I have now had at least 2recalls for each of the 3 focus' I've had, 2000, 2003, & 2005..

*sniff*

What a day!
residentdud,Nov 26 2005, 11:59 AM Wrote:I'm having the same problem. All my doors need a good pull to open, most of the time I'm opening the passenger door from the inside...WTF.
[right][snapback]157763[/snapback][/right]

exactly the same problem its going back to the dealer sooon !
All the recalls Were done when i bought the Car, This is my First, What do i need to do.
Chromey,Nov 26 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:All the recalls Were done when i bought the Car, This is my First, What do i need to do.
[right][snapback]157816[/snapback][/right]

come to guelph and we'll go together,,,,make it is mini recall-meet

LOL

seriously though, bring your recall notice and call/go to a ford dealer and have them do the fix and/or preventative service!
microbunny,Nov 26 2005, 06:38 PM Wrote:
Chromey,Nov 26 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:All the recalls Were done when i bought the Car, This is my First, What do i need to do.
[right][snapback]157816[/snapback][/right]

come to guelph and we'll go together,,,,make it is mini recall-meet

LOL

seriously though, bring your recall notice and call/go to a ford dealer and have them do the fix and/or preventative service!
[right][snapback]157823[/snapback][/right]

Bunny, are you calling for a G2G at your house in the spring? Cause I'm in!

And has you-know-who picked up the amp yet? I doubt it. Book him in for it too.
meford4u,Nov 26 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:Bunny, are you calling for a G2G at your house in the spring?  Cause I'm in!

And has you-know-who picked up the amp yet?  I doubt it.  Book him in for it too.
[right][snapback]157833[/snapback][/right]

Not a G2G...I dont want you to know where i live....LOL

and..NO...the person in question has decided to not be around right now!

bastard...this has been going on since august...

I never got any notice... Do i need it?
Chromey,Nov 27 2005, 11:40 AM Wrote:I never got any notice... Do i need it?
[right][snapback]157874[/snapback][/right]

Ohh..yeah..

If you dont have a notice they wont do the recall for you...or can give you a big-time run around...
microbunny,Nov 27 2005, 04:41 PM Wrote:

Ohh..yeah..

If you dont have a notice they wont do the recall for you...or can give you a big-time run around...
[right][snapback]157889[/snapback][/right]

You shouldn't have to. All cars and trucks affected under warranty are logged in the OASIS system. Punching in your VIN brings up all the applicable service campaigns and recalls.

When we were bored waiting for someone to pull my car around, my Service Advisor did it for fun. I didn't have the recall notice with me, but it's logged there based on my VIN.

PS> If you do get this done, please note that when it comes to lubricating your door latches that they recommend a specific lubricant from Ford and not a generic lithium grease.
GapBoyPCS,Nov 27 2005, 05:16 PM Wrote:

Ohh..yeah..

You shouldn't have to. All cars and trucks affected under warranty are logged in the OASIS system. Punching in your VIN brings up all the applicable service campaigns and recalls.

When we were bored waiting for someone to pull my car around, my Service Advisor did it for fun. I didn't have the recall notice with me, but it's logged there based on my VIN.

PS> If you do get this done, please note that when it comes to lubricating your door latches that they recommend a specific lubricant from Ford and not a generic lithium grease.
[right][snapback]157892[/snapback][/right]

NICE

by the way Rich...are you close to 300K yet?
microbunny,Nov 27 2005, 06:19 PM Wrote:

Ohh..yeah..

NICE

[right][snapback]157893[/snapback][/right]

Ask me in a year B)
GapBoyPCS,Nov 27 2005, 05:21 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Nov 27 2005, 06:19 PM Wrote:

Ohh..yeah..

NICE

[right][snapback]157893[/snapback][/right]

Ask me in a year B)
[right][snapback]157894[/snapback][/right]

I wanna know now.............. :angry:
I haven't heard from Ford yet, so i'm hoping my car is good.
Pages: 1 2