FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Radio Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I put this in here because more people will see it. I put my car back to stock and put the stock radio back in and connected everything like stock. Every once and a while the radio will just shut off like it's loosing power but it won't reset all the settings. It comes back on after like 5-10 seconds. What the hell is wrong now with this vehicle?
Did you try reconnecting the radio harness? If so, it could be a bad radio.
euro_zx5,Nov 14 2005, 04:57 PM Wrote:Did you try reconnecting the radio harness? If so, it could be a bad radio.
[right][snapback]155852[/snapback][/right]

Ya I reconnected the radio harness and everything. It was the stock radio I got with the car it was only used like a year. It works properly like 95% of the time!
I'd check the harness' wires then. You could have a bad connection due to a lose wire.
I had a similar problem with my radio when i had the stock one in my car not too long ago. I think its the security feature. I found that the little part that comes off the front of the radio, i think it holds 3 of the preset buttons, can become lose and doesn't make contact with the contacts behind it properly and when it doesn't the radio won't turn on. I found if i pushed it in the radio would come back on. I never found a solution, altho if you never remove, i never did, then i guess you could try and just glue it down that should hold it in place pretty good.

I had the exact same symptoms, my mom has a cougar and her stock radio does the same thing from time to time as well. Prolly another ford design flaw.
^^ Superglue? :o
well if anyone read under the faceplate ( the plastic buttons and such ) it's a SONY product. and Sony Sucks ass.
Check your grounds.........that exact same scenerio happened to me
habmann,Nov 14 2005, 09:08 PM Wrote:I had a similar problem with my radio when i had the stock one in my car not too long ago. I think its the security feature. I found that the little part that comes off the front of the radio, i think it holds 3 of the preset buttons, can become lose and doesn't make contact with the contacts behind it properly and when it doesn't the radio won't turn on. I found if i pushed it in the radio would come back on. I never found a solution, altho if you never remove, i never did, then i guess you could try and just glue it down that should hold it in place pretty good.

I had the exact same symptoms, my mom has a cougar and her stock radio does the same thing from time to time as well. Prolly another ford design flaw.
[right][snapback]155860[/snapback][/right]

Had the exact same problem with my stock radio, kept shutting off due to the security thingy not contacting properly. My solution was to put an aftermarket in.
Frost__2001,Nov 14 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:well if anyone read under the faceplate ( the plastic buttons and such ) it's a SONY product. and Sony Sucks ass.
[right][snapback]155866[/snapback][/right]

Yup! That would be about right!
Frost__2001,Nov 14 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:well if anyone read under the faceplate ( the plastic buttons and such ) it's a SONY product. and Sony Sucks ass.
[right][snapback]155866[/snapback][/right]

mine does not say sony, i think it says visteon or some crap???