Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Problem
I put this in here because more people will see it. I put my car back to stock and put the stock radio back in and connected everything like stock. Every once and a while the radio will just shut off like it's loosing power but it won't reset all the settings. It comes back on after like 5-10 seconds. What the hell is wrong now with this vehicle?
Did you try reconnecting the radio harness? If so, it could be a bad radio.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Nov 14 2005, 04:57 PM Wrote:Did you try reconnecting the radio harness? If so, it could be a bad radio.
[right][snapback]155852[/snapback][/right]

Ya I reconnected the radio harness and everything. It was the stock radio I got with the car it was only used like a year. It works properly like 95% of the time!
I'd check the harness' wires then. You could have a bad connection due to a lose wire.
'14 Escape 2.0t
I had a similar problem with my radio when i had the stock one in my car not too long ago. I think its the security feature. I found that the little part that comes off the front of the radio, i think it holds 3 of the preset buttons, can become lose and doesn't make contact with the contacts behind it properly and when it doesn't the radio won't turn on. I found if i pushed it in the radio would come back on. I never found a solution, altho if you never remove, i never did, then i guess you could try and just glue it down that should hold it in place pretty good.

I had the exact same symptoms, my mom has a cougar and her stock radio does the same thing from time to time as well. Prolly another ford design flaw.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

^^ Superglue? :o
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
well if anyone read under the faceplate ( the plastic buttons and such ) it's a SONY product. and Sony Sucks ass.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Check your grounds.........that exact same scenerio happened to me
habmann,Nov 14 2005, 09:08 PM Wrote:I had a similar problem with my radio when i had the stock one in my car not too long ago. I think its the security feature. I found that the little part that comes off the front of the radio, i think it holds 3 of the preset buttons, can become lose and doesn't make contact with the contacts behind it properly and when it doesn't the radio won't turn on. I found if i pushed it in the radio would come back on. I never found a solution, altho if you never remove, i never did, then i guess you could try and just glue it down that should hold it in place pretty good.

I had the exact same symptoms, my mom has a cougar and her stock radio does the same thing from time to time as well. Prolly another ford design flaw.
[right][snapback]155860[/snapback][/right]

Had the exact same problem with my stock radio, kept shutting off due to the security thingy not contacting properly. My solution was to put an aftermarket in.
Frost__2001,Nov 14 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:well if anyone read under the faceplate ( the plastic buttons and such ) it's a SONY product. and Sony Sucks ass.
[right][snapback]155866[/snapback][/right]

Yup! That would be about right!
'14 Escape 2.0t
Frost__2001,Nov 14 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:well if anyone read under the faceplate ( the plastic buttons and such ) it's a SONY product. and Sony Sucks ass.
[right][snapback]155866[/snapback][/right]

mine does not say sony, i think it says visteon or some crap???
My other ride is your Mom