FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spring Dyno Day, Help Me Get It Organized!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.zx3tuning.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=522

Alright so after how well the Dyno Day this past summer went, i am going to do it again. I was thinking that i might do 2 next year, one in the spring and one in the fall.

During my trip down to SEMA, i spent a lot of time talking to the guys from F2 and the guys from Powerworks. if we get it sorted out with enough notice both the guys from F2 will truck up some of their cars and the guys from Powerworks will bring out their Demo cars!

here is also an interesting idea...
this past summer we had almost 30 cars with little over a month and a bit of notice.
if we give people 3+ months of notice and have F2 and Powerworks listed in the attendance list, we could easily double if not tripple that count!
To make this work it would need to become a 2 or possibly a 3 day event assuming everyone wanted to dyno their rides OR we could schedual it on a weekend when there was an AutoX on Sunday. run the cars on the dyno friday night and saturday and then poatch some space at the AutoX and take over a run group and have a little race!

With Powerworks and F2 we will get a TON of long distance people from all over NA and the NW. so a Car show, BBQ, Dyno Drags, AutoX would all be great evenst to bring people up.
if we get enough interest, we could make a bid to hold JETFEST here....

i'll talk to a few of the AutoX clubs and see if the dates for next season are in the works yet.

what month do you guys think work best?
March?
April?
May?

Opinions, ideas, suggestions, comments, question all welcomed!
I know it is technically Focus Canada and we try to be inclusive but aren't you the only person here west of Mississauga? I think you'd have better luck in NW states?
well, i figure there might be a few guys on here who might be planning a trip or would be willing to drive out for a huge meet....

who knows?
You should plan a Dyno Day for Ontario. That's where the chicken wings and beer are. :D
meford4u,Nov 12 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:You should plan a Dyno Day for Ontario.  That's where the chicken wings and beer are. :D
[right][snapback]155481[/snapback][/right]

I second that motion I say do it in Ontario

02ztsian

ZX3_2NV,Nov 13 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 12 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:You should plan a Dyno Day for Ontario.  That's where the chicken wings and beer are. :D

[right][snapback]155543[/snapback][/right]
Q: How many Ontarians does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: One. He just holds up the lightbulb and the world revolves around him.

J/K, but there is a whole other Canada out there besides Ontario. Besides, if you read Mitch's address he is in Vancouver so to organize a Dyno Day in Ontario would probably best be left up to the Ontario members.
02ztsian,Nov 13 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:Q: How many Ontarians does it take to change a lightbulb?

J/K, but there is a whole other Canada out there besides Ontario. Besides, if you read Mitch's address he is in Vancouver so to organize a Dyno Day in Ontario would probably best be left up to the Ontario members.
[right][snapback]155558[/snapback][/right]

haha, RAD!

we will be having a longest distance award like we did last year. plus you guys from out east will get a chance to see the Sequential Twin turbo 2.3L 05 ST sedan from F2 on the dyno and possibly on the AutoX and get to go for rides in the PW cars!
Twin turbo 2.3L 05 ST sedan ohh k i wanna go how long would it take me to drive there? lol
4 days if you take your time and stop for good sleeps at night .. but i'm sure with 2-3 drivers you could get it down to a day and a half to 2 days

so long as the focus doesn't die from the long trip and the heat of the summer
02ztsian,Nov 13 2005, 01:33 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Nov 13 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]155543[/snapback][/right]
Q: How many Ontarians does it take to change a lightbulb?

[right][snapback]155558[/snapback][/right]

I didn't find this funny. We are Canada. We are Focus Canada. The rest of you are just tag alongs. When over half the country and half of our community live in Ontario, we are what you get for sloppy seconds.
So suggesting we help you is as funny as your joke about Ontario.
Lets see stats on last two dyno days in ontario, the turnout was never more than 10. And thats probably exagerating. And the dyno day held out west had 30 cars with little notice.......
hardk0re,Nov 13 2005, 03:28 PM Wrote:Lets see stats on last two dyno days in ontario, the turnout was never more than 10.  And thats probably exagerating.  And the dyno day held out west had 30 cars with little notice.......
[right][snapback]155606[/snapback][/right]

.....there was also killer free food and drinks, prizes, give aways, rad cars and a great atmosphere! ;)

Simple facts are, we are based out west and it is just not logistically possible for us to plan an event in the ontario area on the off chance that some of you guys actually show up.
Sorry guys but you are all welcome to come out west, although i would be surprized if anyone actually made the trip.
ZX3TUNING,Nov 13 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Nov 13 2005, 03:28 PM Wrote:Lets see stats on last two dyno days in ontario, the turnout was never more than 10.  And thats probably exagerating.  And the dyno day held out west had 30 cars with little notice.......

.....there was also killer free food and drinks, prizes, give aways, rad cars and a great atmosphere! ;)

Simple facts are, we are based out west and it is just not logistically possible for us to plan an event in the ontario area on the off chance that some of you guys actually show up.
Sorry guys but you are all welcome to come out west, although i would be surprized if anyone actually made the trip.
[right][snapback]155618[/snapback][/right]

if you pay for my gas i'll make the trip :D
ZX3TUNING,Nov 13 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]155618[/snapback][/right]

May I suggest that as a sponsor of our site that you help us with our Dyno Day in Ontario. Like fork over some more cash so that we can enjoy free food with our Dyno Day.
Free Food=Happy Customers for ZX3Tuning
I can that atest even short notice BC dyno days are great. So I can only imagine how big it can get with more planning. Although some of the giveaways can kill private sales, eh Mitch? ;) :P :lol:
Oh and I am a non-Ontarian Focus Canada member :ph34r:
It's a lot to think about... I mean 4 days out, a weekend of dynoing and tuning, and 4 days back. That's pretty much 2 weeks' holidays down just to drive out and look at a few Focuses that we can read about on the Internet anyways.

It's a great event, I saw the pics from last time, and you guys really have the whole Pacific seaboard to draw against as well anyways.

I hope it goes just as well for you guys next summer or better... but unless there's a minor miracle in terms of cash flow, we're not able to drive out. That's a lot of cheddar for a weekend's dynoing and whatnot.

Hmmmm.... it is a lot to definitely think about!
Drive to Vancouver to meet up with 2 guys with Focus'?

No thanks.
For any one who hasnt been to BC its a must visit once in your life. BC makes every where else in Canada look like a s**t hole. Plus BC owns in good looking girls, and cars.

I am hoping to make a trip down there., Mitch.

Drive the Vancouver to meet up with 2 guys with Focus!!! ??? What are you talking about. Some of the nicest and most modified focus's come from Western Canada. We know how to do it right. Come down and get some tips.

Look at Mefordu's car. It sure wasnt modded in Ontario lol.

Like Mitch mentioned. Last time 30 cars showed up with out much notice given.
Been to B.C.

It kicks ass.
Pages: 1 2 3