FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Identity Theft Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, as I mentioned a few weeks back before I was in Vegas... the IDENTITY THEFT SHIELD IS NOW AVAILABLE IN CANADA!!

You may find all the details of this plan on my website ID Theft Shield

Also, as a point of interest, be sure to check out the W5 special that aired this past week. Incredible...W5 - No One's Safe
This was a 2-part series on CTV.

If you have ANY questions at all, please don't hesitate to PM me. I will be checking on a regular basis. And to all of you who already PM'd me earlier I have replied with the same information.

Thanks all, I'm sure you'll find this interesting. Feel free to pass this on to anyone you think may be interested.

Carey
Doesn't do anything to prevent ID theft. Doesn't do anything you can't do yourself after ID theft and doesn't provide anything special to check up on yourself. Id rather spend 12.95/month for a rogers cellphone. Seemd like you are trying to profit on peoples fears.

Also this should be in the Forsale Section since it is something you are selling.
Credit card companies already monitor your activities for free, anything out of the ordinary and they call you immediately. I know this cause it has happened to me and the credit card company called and went through all the purchases with me and any that were not mine they deleted...no problem! As for the rest?!? well who cares? you want to be me? have at it!!
LOL Ok, I'm only going to defend myself once on this post, the information is here for everyone and the plan is for those who want it, that needs to be clear.

But I have to say BS bluetoy

There is no vaccine for ID Theft indeed, but to say it doesn't do anything to help protect yourself is silly. Early detection is the best defence at the moment. The legislature now permits us to access our credit report for free once per year (6-8 weeks) to review and see if there is anything abnormal... this plan provides it to you quarterly, and with expidited delivery included.

Credit Card fraud represents roughly 1/4 of Identity Theft.

And you're right, you can definitely look after restoring your Identity on your own but the costs are staggering, the hassle is overwhelming and nevermind the hundreds of hours required and literally 30lbs of paperwork... feel free to check with the FTC for stats. I saw the workbook you receive if you choose to do it on your own... good luck! I would rather a professional do it for me... but that's just me. I could likely give myself a root canal too, but I'll leave that to a dentist thanks :P

Sorry but 27.3 Million victims and $5 billion in individual out of pockets expenses by 2003 IS scary... considering that's only the ones they know about. If it's not for you that's perfectly fine ;)

I approached puppet prior to posting this and received his consent.

Carey

ps neat stat... ever wondered how big a billion really is... examine it in seconds - 1,000,000 seconds equates to roughly 11 days and 1,000,000,000 seconds equates to roughly 32 years - WOW!
This site you keep throwing on this board reminds me of the stuff focusben did. I dont like it at all, and the fact that people like you go from site to site pushing their product leaves me believing its just a money making scheme.

I personally wouldnt have ok'd this and I dont think this belongs up here at all, but hey.. i'm no one.

I agree with Bluetoy 100%

No offence meant to you .. but I feel theres a place and time to be doing stuff like this. Its like me asking darkpuppet to put my personal training info up on the top of the site because your all lazy asses and need help. Which .. statistically would make more sense then what your trying to push... not to mention would be the smarter thing to spend money on... ha ha ha ha.

Alas though thats not what a car board is used for. Atleast not in my eyes. Not to mention id never try to push friends into doing anything or throw stats at them to try to scare them into something.

Again.. No offence meant.
Quote:And you're right, you can definitely look after restoring your Identity on your own but the costs are staggering

They don't fix your credit for free on your little scam either.12.95 only gets you immediate help and a quarterly credit report which is very easy to get for free by yourself. It doesn't cover your legal fees etc.

I bet you sell Mutual funds as well...
I think $12.95 would be better put twards a $20 shredder. As for having some one "continuously monitoring your credit", too many credit enqiries actually hurts your credit rating.
2001 ZTS,Oct 26 2005, 07:26 AM Wrote:As for having some one "continuously monitoring your credit", too many credit enqiries actually hurts your credit rating.
[right][snapback]151600[/snapback][/right]

That is very true.

I also like the part in small print where they say we'll only help you as far back as your membership goes. So if someone has been using your ID for 6 months now and you join there little "club" and find out next year that your credit is gone. They'll do half the job, charge you full price and tell you to get lost. Nice.
LOL gee, you've figured me out... I'm pushing a scam on my friends... clown :rolleyes: I don't go from site to site pushing anything, this is the only place I've posted this information. Some of you don't recognize sincerity when it stares you in the eyes... too bad really. I thought after being around most of you for up to 6 years there would be some mutual respect. For 6 years I've done nothing but promote this place and the freindships.

Besides, alot of people post things like this, for instance Raine posts cell phone deals from his store etc... Back off. The fact is, whether you think so or not, I beleive this is a growing concern so I'm sharing it with everyone. Sorry for wanting to earn an income with something I beleive helps people.

Steve, please feel free to remove this whole thread... You don't need the aggravation, nor do I. I should have thought about some of the class acts that live here.

Thank you and you're welcome to all those who contacted me, the information is yours to do with what you please. I hope everyone is taking some measure to protect themselves.

Have a good life. Over and out. B)

LOL and bluetoy... would it make sense that you could buy house insurance after your house burnt down? Gimme a break. Such strong opinions toward something you obviously know very little about... get your facts straight. You suffer from a perceptual bias... enjoy your next conspiracy meeting with your little 'club'. ciao
Another good member lost.

:rolleyes:
Why is it pinned?

Just wondering....
Flofocus,Oct 26 2005, 11:46 AM Wrote:Why is it pinned?

Just wondering....
[right][snapback]151684[/snapback][/right]

yea...that's what i was thinking.... :unsure:
This topic was posted because there is an actual service being provided by the company. I know some people who've had identity theft problems, and as far as Multi-level marketing companies, this one is one of the few that sells a real service... and identity theft protection, while not unique, identity restoration itself may be a service some folks may be interested in.

Of course, there are upsides and downsides to any company you go through, and it's up to you if you wish to deal with this company, but overall research seems to show the company and it's associates (the law firms you'd be dealing with) are legitimate folks to deal with.

Now, I'm not going to lie and say that the Pre-Paid-Legal services hasn't had it's run-in with the law and SEC, but no worse than some other household name companies.

Please note that I've allowed the topic only because it's a service offering, not a marketing scheme. As with any service or product being sold on the site, you, the consumer make the final decision. If you never use the service, you may think it's a rippoff, but if you're looking for the extra insurance against identity theft, this is a product you may wish to check out.

That's all it is.. just a service.. not sure there's so much need for hostility.
A good way not to have ID theft is always have a warrant out for your arrest, that way when somebody takes your ID they go to jail for you!!! Seriously though for some this may be peace of mind.
Quote:LOL and bluetoy... would it make sense that you could buy house insurance after your house burnt down?

You're not buying insurance. Your paying for the privilege of getting ass raped by some lawyer. The least they can do is help the whole situation instead of doing half the job. It's not like the monthly "club" fees cover any of the costs if you have your ID stolen.

You DO sell mutual funds don't you!!
Is the site profiting from this at all? I don't really see it's relevance or why the board would be supporting it without some money headed it's way (no offence Carey)
Raine,Oct 26 2005, 06:43 PM Wrote:Is the site profiting from this at all? I don't really see it's relevance or why the board would be supporting it without some money headed it's way (no offence Carey)
[right][snapback]151799[/snapback][/right]

I guess that means I'll be cracking down on all posts of people whoring their company's wares? That might suck for your commissions...

p.s. don't you owe someone some money?

:P
This post is different from other forsale posts. IT'S NOT IN THE FORSALE SECTION Just to set the record straight. I try to bash Rogers every time there is a Rogers F.S. thread. Those guys can take it and must be used to it if they work for Rogers. But don't say anything wrong about brooks' "steeda.ca rules or buy my questionable legal nonsense" threads.

I missed this before.
Quote:this one is one of the few that sells a real service... and identity theft protection, while not unique, identity restoration itself may be a service some folks may be interested in.

You know there is no ID theft protection offered. Right? It's just some lawyers getting their foot in your door (and hand in your wallet) before you even need them.
It was an experiment of sorts, I'm not arguing against the points you folks make....

but I figured it was also a chance to try a variation of an idea I had... every once in a while I'm going to try something different and see how it goes over.

for every computer I blew up, I became that much better at making them work. Same here, poke around, check the lay of the land. Unfortunately, it didn't work out this time.

*shrug*
tdot-zx3,Oct 26 2005, 04: Wrote:Its like me asking darkpuppet to put my personal training info up on the top of the site because your all lazy asses and need help.

Lazy!!!! Go jump off a building.

Wait a minute....Hmmmmmm

Nevermind :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2