FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Should I Sell My Focus For?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well guys. I'm looking to get into an 04~05 STI or WRX wagon once i move to brantford. Trying to see what i should sell my car for when the time comes

2003 Focus SVT ZX5
Sonic Blue / Blue Int.
71500km... EST. 85~90000Km In Feb
Car is in Good ~ Excellent condition.

All surface scratches would be buffed out before the sale. as well as a complete professional detailing.

Mods:
MBRP Catback
KnN Cone
Steeda Tri-Ax
Euro 2002 Headlights
ST170 Grille
Iraggi Alt 220a alternator or Hitachi Alt.

Entire car has been dynamatted
Roof (Edead V3 Liquid Deadener)
Hatch 3 layers. +++ one on skin, one on support, one on the plastic panels
Floor
Doors 3 Layers. (Skin + Panel + Inner Frame)

Stereo Will not be included unless the right offer comes along.
(looking for about 4k) (stereo would be complete at that point)

But yeah, just looking for ideas for now.

No calling dibs, I wont be parting out until the time comes

Thanks

$13 000 - $15 000
I allready have a couple ideas.
Last dealership i was at offered me 16,1 granted car was at 63000km

but any input is appreciated.
scoobasteve,Oct 24 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:I allready have a couple ideas.
Last dealership i was at  offered me 16,1 granted car was at 63000km

[right][snapback]151117[/snapback][/right]

Get whatever thay are willing to give you for it.

I know it sounds dumb, but because of the problems you've had with it. Jump at the first reasonable offer.
ANTHONYD,Oct 24 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Oct 24 2005, 11:17 AM Wrote:I allready have a couple ideas.
Last dealership i was at  offered me 16,1 granted car was at 63000km

[right][snapback]151117[/snapback][/right]

Get whatever thay are willing to give you for it.

I know it sounds dumb, but because of the problems you've had with it. Jump at the first reasonable offer.
[right][snapback]151118[/snapback][/right]

Thats a really good suggestion. If most people are smart and look into quality reports, they wont like what they see about the SVT, or anything that says 'focus' for that matter.

Yeah... but that 16,1 was trade in on a Cobalt SS. Bleh!

Negotiated trade in AFTER price on Cobalt was negotiated. so it wasnt adjusted for the price of the new car.
Given that your car will have a higher than average odo reading by the time your looking to sell it, you're going to take a hit there if you go to a dealer and an off-make trade in usually doesn't get good $ on top of that.

Showing the car's service history likely won't win you any points either, but if you don't show it to a private seller esp., you run the risk of it coming back to bite you in the ass hard (read: They sue you for selling them a service bay horror show).

Unless you're absolutlely sure that you can transfer the stereo stuff to the new wheels, in your case I would seriously consider leaving it in if trying to sell privately, it would make a great carrot to entice buyers with.

Just my observations, take 'em for what they're worth.

NefCanuck
Stereo Can be transferred easily. i did it with my last car. Hopefully i'll just trade it in against the other car. but we'll see
I think your car should be worth about 14-16k, I looked at a few of these when I wanted to trade in my car last winter and found that the asking price at the time for the SVT's was about 19k with your km's on them from dealers.

I'm also looking at selling my car, but i'm just going to do my usual and park it for the winter, place a few adds in the trader and such and see what comes of it. If I don't get what i'm asking then theres no big loss.
Its unfortunate. i wish i could park mine for the winter.

but the Sundance was hit by a drunk driver.

and the acclaim had a PCM meltdown last week
Hardkore, why are you selling? :huh:
When I went to Subaru a couple weeks ago asking about an Impreza they had on their lot, they said the Focus would fetch 5k... that's with 63,000 but in rough shape...
Raine,Oct 24 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:When I went to Subaru a couple weeks ago asking about an Impreza they had on their lot, they said the Focus would fetch 5k... that's with 63,000 but in rough shape...
[right][snapback]151139[/snapback][/right]

and a regular POS zetec. ;) :P
HEY! Are you saying my SVT isnt a POS :lol:
scoobasteve,Oct 24 2005, 01:41 PM Wrote:HEY! Are you saying my SVT isnt a POS :lol:
[right][snapback]151145[/snapback][/right]

No, its just not a regular POS. Its a 'Special' POS.
Flofocus,Oct 24 2005, 11:14 AM Wrote:$13 000 - $15 000
[right][snapback]151116[/snapback][/right]

For a private sale if you can get around this I'd take it, but I'm assuming your trading it in, so I would expect even less. :angry:
Flofocus,Oct 24 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:Hardkore, why are you selling?  :huh:
[right][snapback]151137[/snapback][/right]

Move on to bigger and better things :P I want to get out what i've put in and start with something new. I haven't decided what its worth yet. BUT this thread is about scooba steve's "special POS Zetec" ... :lol:
I wont let it go for below 15,5... i'll be a bitch about it for the first while.

Bluetoy got 15,9 trade in earlier this year IIRC.
Everybody are selling there Focus!
I'm not selling. I'm planning to keep mine till it doesn't run anymore :P
Pages: 1 2