FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wiring My Fogs As Signals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanna lose the signals in my grill, They are to bright there and really look dumb at night. :lol:

Is there a way have my foglights act as the front signals?
Pssst... Niteshade. :D

You could take the "hot" wire for each signal and run it down to the fog light "hot" wire. Presumably, turning on each signal would light each fog light accordingly.
Flofocus,Oct 21 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:I wanna lose the signals in my grill, They are to bright there and really look dumb at night.  :lol:

Is there a way have my foglights act as the front signals?
[right][snapback]150653[/snapback][/right]

oh..it's possible, but your fog light will look even worse...trust me. I wanted mine done that way as well and without making some serious mods to the actual lenses...they look just plain'ol shitty, especially with the stock facia. What my buddy did was...took his SVT facia and tried the signal/fog light swap...now that looked good. Maybe because of the "round" fogs on the SVT...made it look...not so cheesy. If you want to hide your signals then do it the other way...get the euro/off road grill and mount your stock signals behind.
I dont want any lights behind the top grill.

Maybe mount something beside the front fogs :huh:
if you don't want any lights where the signals are now.....just extend the wiring harness if you are relocating
Just get one of those grills with the clear lenses, I saw one and the guy said he paid cheap...looks much better I think.

P.S. How does it look bright? It's only on when you're turn signal is on.
fogs as turn signals?

gay

there I said it... don't do it.
ST170 lights :D
Jays2000ZX3,Oct 21 2005, 03:30 PM Wrote:Just get one of those grills with the clear lenses, I saw one and the guy said he paid cheap...looks much better I think.

P.S. How does it look bright? It's only on when you're turn signal is on.
[right][snapback]150682[/snapback][/right]

if your lights are on at night then the grille lights are on full time, one just blinks when you use the signal
Just cut the running light wire and have it so they just flash when you signal.

and night shade 'em or buy a clear grille
No kidding, it's the middle wire I think..I did that the first week I had my Focus :o
Once you wire your fogs as signal lamps, what are you going to wire up to replace your fogs again? your signal lights?
lol good point paolo
paolo,Oct 24 2005, 11:50 AM Wrote:Once you wire your fogs as signal lamps, what are you going to wire up to replace your fogs again? your signal lights?
[right][snapback]151127[/snapback][/right]

Im not going to do it anymore but....

I was hoping to have the foggers stay on and only blink when the signal switch would be activated.