Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring My Fogs As Signals?
I wanna lose the signals in my grill, They are to bright there and really look dumb at night. :lol:

Is there a way have my foglights act as the front signals?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Pssst... Niteshade. :D

You could take the "hot" wire for each signal and run it down to the fog light "hot" wire. Presumably, turning on each signal would light each fog light accordingly.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Flofocus,Oct 21 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:I wanna lose the signals in my grill, They are to bright there and really look dumb at night.  :lol:

Is there a way have my foglights act as the front signals?
[right][snapback]150653[/snapback][/right]

oh..it's possible, but your fog light will look even worse...trust me. I wanted mine done that way as well and without making some serious mods to the actual lenses...they look just plain'ol shitty, especially with the stock facia. What my buddy did was...took his SVT facia and tried the signal/fog light swap...now that looked good. Maybe because of the "round" fogs on the SVT...made it look...not so cheesy. If you want to hide your signals then do it the other way...get the euro/off road grill and mount your stock signals behind.
2002 Infra-red ZTS
I dont want any lights behind the top grill.

Maybe mount something beside the front fogs :huh:
if you don't want any lights where the signals are now.....just extend the wiring harness if you are relocating
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Just get one of those grills with the clear lenses, I saw one and the guy said he paid cheap...looks much better I think.

P.S. How does it look bright? It's only on when you're turn signal is on.
fogs as turn signals?

gay

there I said it... don't do it.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

ST170 lights :D
Jays2000ZX3,Oct 21 2005, 03:30 PM Wrote:Just get one of those grills with the clear lenses, I saw one and the guy said he paid cheap...looks much better I think.

P.S. How does it look bright? It's only on when you're turn signal is on.
[right][snapback]150682[/snapback][/right]

if your lights are on at night then the grille lights are on full time, one just blinks when you use the signal
Just cut the running light wire and have it so they just flash when you signal.

and night shade 'em or buy a clear grille
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
No kidding, it's the middle wire I think..I did that the first week I had my Focus :o
Once you wire your fogs as signal lamps, what are you going to wire up to replace your fogs again? your signal lights?
My other ride is your Mom
lol good point paolo
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
paolo,Oct 24 2005, 11:50 AM Wrote:Once you wire your fogs as signal lamps, what are you going to wire up to replace your fogs again? your signal lights?
[right][snapback]151127[/snapback][/right]

Im not going to do it anymore but....

I was hoping to have the foggers stay on and only blink when the signal switch would be activated.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring Fogs As Turns microbunny 10 2,687 05-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Last Post: ZX5