FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Putting The Winter Tires On Today :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had to scrape the windshield this morning....I think the time has come. :(
Same here.......but its time to put on the winter car :P

hahahaa you guys gotta be kidding hahaha

seriously...it's not even november!
Mine went on Yesterday, Yeah, it wont snow, but I do not want to be out there when it is 5 degree, plus why use up anymore of the expensive summer tires when its fall.

David
Southern Ontario Focus drivers put on winter tires before North Bay Focus drivers. Has the world gone mad?

And, I've scraped my windshield twice so far in the last week.
I only put my all season tires ON a couple weekends ago after running on summers till that point. I'll put winter tires on around end of November early December depending on the long range forecast.
My all seasons went on last Sunday
just got the back two all seasons put on the back of my car to replace the old tires......... and wow what a difference in driving........... although I'll miss the free butt & back massage at 80 km/ph lol
i don't get it....

you guys have summer tires...and then use all seasons for the winter???

why not buy winter tires for more security in ice/snow?
Focused,Oct 21 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:i don't get it....

you guys have summer tires...and then use all seasons for the winter???

why not buy winter tires for more security in ice/snow?
[right][snapback]150758[/snapback][/right]

3 complete sets of wheels for EACH car: summer, all-seasons & winter. At any one time I have 16 wheels in the garage and 8 in use. :lol:

The plan is all season till December, winter tires till April then all seasons till the pot holes are filled around May 24, then summers till October when the all seasons go back on.
I'm going to be putting the stock wheels & tires back on soon. Then I plan to burn off the all seasons, so I can get myself some good winter tires! Otherwise, those wheels & tires won't see summer unless something happens to my summer wheels & tires.

When I came into work this morning, it was -3 outside. :(
I just use all seasons, I can't afford to get a set of rims for summer and winter, plus summer and winter tires for the rims.
ANTHONYD,Oct 21 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:Had to scrape the windshield this morning....I think the time has come. :(
[right][snapback]150609[/snapback][/right]

Your an old man. Wow.

Might as well consider your life over.. ha ha ha ... :lol:
damn scrape'n just put the defrost on :D
Mine went on Tuesday.

Just as well...temperatures are going up in the mid teens this weekend. Plus, I'm getting black ice in my area every morning. It's taking a while to get used to the wallowing the taller sidewalls and softer compound factor into the ride. The Proxes were getting a bit slippy in the morning commute.

Thanks to Steelcase, I got me some Nokians...this time, it's RSi.

this is the first time ive seen ice on my windshield at 8 in the morn' had to scrape it off before leaving for work :(