Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting The Winter Tires On Today :(
Had to scrape the windshield this morning....I think the time has come. :(
Same here.......but its time to put on the winter car :P

hahahaa you guys gotta be kidding hahaha

seriously...it's not even november!
Mine went on Yesterday, Yeah, it wont snow, but I do not want to be out there when it is 5 degree, plus why use up anymore of the expensive summer tires when its fall.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Southern Ontario Focus drivers put on winter tires before North Bay Focus drivers. Has the world gone mad?

And, I've scraped my windshield twice so far in the last week.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I only put my all season tires ON a couple weekends ago after running on summers till that point. I'll put winter tires on around end of November early December depending on the long range forecast.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
My all seasons went on last Sunday
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
just got the back two all seasons put on the back of my car to replace the old tires......... and wow what a difference in driving........... although I'll miss the free butt & back massage at 80 km/ph lol
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
i don't get it....

you guys have summer tires...and then use all seasons for the winter???

why not buy winter tires for more security in ice/snow?
Focused,Oct 21 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:i don't get it....

you guys have summer tires...and then use all seasons for the winter???

why not buy winter tires for more security in ice/snow?
[right][snapback]150758[/snapback][/right]

3 complete sets of wheels for EACH car: summer, all-seasons & winter. At any one time I have 16 wheels in the garage and 8 in use. :lol:

The plan is all season till December, winter tires till April then all seasons till the pot holes are filled around May 24, then summers till October when the all seasons go back on.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I'm going to be putting the stock wheels & tires back on soon. Then I plan to burn off the all seasons, so I can get myself some good winter tires! Otherwise, those wheels & tires won't see summer unless something happens to my summer wheels & tires.

When I came into work this morning, it was -3 outside. :(
I just use all seasons, I can't afford to get a set of rims for summer and winter, plus summer and winter tires for the rims.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ANTHONYD,Oct 21 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:Had to scrape the windshield this morning....I think the time has come. :(
[right][snapback]150609[/snapback][/right]

Your an old man. Wow.

Might as well consider your life over.. ha ha ha ... :lol:
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
damn scrape'n just put the defrost on :D
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Mine went on Tuesday.

Just as well...temperatures are going up in the mid teens this weekend. Plus, I'm getting black ice in my area every morning. It's taking a while to get used to the wallowing the taller sidewalls and softer compound factor into the ride. The Proxes were getting a bit slippy in the morning commute.

Thanks to Steelcase, I got me some Nokians...this time, it's RSi.

Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
this is the first time ive seen ice on my windshield at 8 in the morn' had to scrape it off before leaving for work :(
My other ride is your Mom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  205/60/16 Winter Tires Fishcounter 8 6,595 03-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Last Post: thenorm
  Winter Tires, 2 Or 4? Krusty Driver 39 12,174 02-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Winter Tires hyprlte 9 4,141 10-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Last Post: GapBoyPCS