FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best Suv For The $
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
FOT_88, will you be putting yourself into more debt by buying the Escape?

Thats another thing to think about...

Is it worth the extra time in paying it off when you obviously dont owe that much on the focus (I'm assuming, since your not asking much for it). You can go out and spend $600-$800 at Tapp auto and have him custom tune your car with SCT Xcalibor (And get a datalogger out of that!!, that I could borrow :lol: ) and have him tune it for MPG....the car will probably run mint to afterwards.
I'm going to have to agree the Escape is a pretty good deal but I also agree with whoever mentioned station wagons. I would be remiss not to mention used Foresters and Legacies.
Flofocus,Oct 21 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:FOT_88, will you be putting yourself into more debt by buying the Escape?

Is it worth the extra time in paying it off when you obviously dont owe that much on the focus (I'm assuming, since your not asking much for it).  You can go out and spend $600-$800 at Tapp auto and have him custom tune your car with SCT Xcalibor (And get a datalogger out of that!!, that I could borrow  :lol: ) and have him tune it for MPG....the car will probably run mint to afterwards.
[right][snapback]150647[/snapback][/right]

The Focus is paid off. Im just tired of having a small car. I want something not to big and stylish and with power and the Escape is a good deal.

Im still in debates and nothing is done yet...
focusonthis_88,Oct 21 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Oct 21 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:FOT_88, will you be putting yourself into more debt by buying the Escape?

Is it worth the extra time in paying it off when you obviously dont owe that much on the focus (I'm assuming, since your not asking much for it).  You can go out and spend $600-$800 at Tapp auto and have him custom tune your car with SCT Xcalibor (And get a datalogger out of that!!, that I could borrow  :lol: ) and have him tune it for MPG....the car will probably run mint to afterwards.

The Focus is paid off. Im just tired of having a small car. I want something not to big and stylish and with power and the Escape is a good deal.

[right][snapback]150666[/snapback][/right]

Cool, just showing you some options ;) B)

You coming over Saturday sometime?
Flofocus,Oct 21 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Oct 21 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]150666[/snapback][/right]

Cool, just showing you some options ;) B)

You coming over Saturday sometime?
[right][snapback]150673[/snapback][/right]

Ya I know there some option im still thinking about it.

ya, well I finish at 4:30pm...i'll be there around 5pm
I actually looking into the exact same thing this weekend. Im going to check out some escapes and other 4x4's. Don't some of the escapes have the 2.0L Zetec in it?

Im looking at a 1997 Jeep TJ, 2 used escapes, and maybe a liberty. I really just looking for a 4x4 cuz winter sucks here.

Depending on the conditions, if those dont go right, it might be a cavalier or Aveo... <_<

I really want the jeep, but my mom cant drive a stick, and she will most likely get the car in April, when i start my move back to Toronto.
Teach her? You're going to buy a car just for the winter, and give it to your Mom. You're being quite accomodating.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 21 2005, 03:45 PM Wrote:Teach her? You're going to buy a car just for the winter, and give it to your Mom. You're being quite accomodating.
[right][snapback]150689[/snapback][/right]

well i want the Jeep, cuz i love jeeps, especially TJ's. But she doesnt really like how high up Jeeps are. I could teach her to drive stick, but shes a ditz and fack something up on it. I mean i could go ahead with the Jeep and sell it in the spring.

But the lease is up on the sedan in April, so when i turn it back, i dont want to get into another car. therefore it would have to be a car my mom semi-likes and can deal with. That way ill just give it to her, and can start my move home.

Ill see what i can find when i go shopping this weekend.
The winters are getting rougher to in Ontario so a could 4x4 would be nice.
Back to the point... Wich SUV would be the best. I saw that Saturns has a nice SUV..but not that much power. And Pontiac with there Torrent I think...looks good but more $ then the Escape and Vue.

So, you guy say the Escape...
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 21 2005, 09:53 AM Wrote:Fuel economy is an oxymoron when towing, unless you're using a full-size pickup/ute with a diesel.

Want more capacity? Get something else that has a diesel.

It seems the manufacturers have said that if you want style or storage, you need a V8. That's the American mentality talking. If only you guys have seen what I've fit in the trunk of my sedan.

A Focus wagon with either engine and either transmission should have PLENTY of space for a family with 2-3 young kids. Ditto for a family with 2 older kids.

I've hauled my grandparents back and forth from Toronto several times in the sedan. Plus luggage and my 10" sub/amp combo. Never an issue. They were completely comfortable all the way up / down. Remember, I'm 6'3" and drive with the seat back all the way.

They're both 5'8" - 5'10".
[right][snapback]150641[/snapback][/right]

Hell, I've managed five people and their crap in the trunk of my Focus sedan. Sure the rear seat passengers hated my guts, but at least they got where they wanted to go now didn't they? :P

NefCanuck
Well I have to agree with the Ford Escape as a good option for the value, not to mention the good safety rating it has, I personally find it more sporty then the Mazda Tribute V6 LX, or DX with 5 speed.

That Said, I will mention that there is the option of the Hybrid model of the 2006 Escape that no one has seem to mention thus far yet. It get somewhere near the 850 kms per tank as I recall seeing the advertizements for at the dealership, and it's really quite, and really powerful, so if you want to tow something you could.

I was thinking of getting a Honda CR-V with a 5 speed and all the options with it, but I chose the focus over it, mainly due to the warentee, and deal I got on the Focus. I have talked to a few people that owned or currently own a CR-V and they have all told me that they are really good all around, and good on gas. Not to mention the picnic table, built in cooler, and power outlets in the back are a good thing to have if your always on the go. Only one person said that didn't like the seats on super long trips, and my co-worker had a 1996 and it was 5 speed and she never had to change the clutch once, with the sum 400,000 kms she put on it before she traded it in for the 2001 Limited model she has now. Her only complaint on the 2001 was that the A/C quit after the warentee finished just before summer started.
Flofocus,Oct 21 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:
&# Wrote:Focus Wife[/B],Oct 21 2005, 09:42 AM]
These "compact" SUVS fit the need for people that want a little more storage/towing capacity while still maintaining good fuel economy.

My wife wanted it so we could tow our trailer, I tried and fighted with her to get a F150 lightning but I lost that argument :(  Of course a lightning isn't fuel efficient :P
[right][snapback]150639[/snapback][/right]

Sweet. Lesbian marriages on FC.net :lol:
[right][snapback]150642[/snapback][/right]

NOS2Go4Me,Oct 21 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:AHAHA... HAHHHAHAHA... :rofl:

I completely missed that! :D
[right][snapback]150643[/snapback][/right]

LMAO................... :rofl:

yeesh..... guys.... get with the times.......... :rolleyes:
The best SUV right now for the money i think is the escape for the Tucson...might wanna check out the new Kia Sportage too.

if you have the money for the escape hybrid, thats an awsome car.
FociPhil,Oct 21 2005, 05:43 PM Wrote:The best SUV right now for the money i think is the escape for the Tucson...might wanna check out the new Kia Sportage too.

if you have the money for the escape hybrid, thats an awsome car.
[right][snapback]150763[/snapback][/right]

I saw the Kia Sportage but isn't Kia cheap?
Escape hybrid is a nice little truck. They came out in '05. Kanata Ford always has a crap load of them in stock. They had some demo/daily loaners for sale earlier this year for 30,000, but they were FWD. I would highly recommend trying one before you buy one. They drive just like a normal escape. They are not that quick for sure. You'll also have a harder time finding a hybrid in 4X4 configuration. The fuel economy rating on the FWD hybrid is 41 city and 40 hwy. It uses alot of Toyota developed technology. The drawback is that you'll have Ford mechanics trying to repair any warranty issues and resale will be low.
Well, Im thinking of getting a 2002 or if a can i'll get a 2006. Im looking for the V6 4x4..I don't think the 4cyl is worth it for a suv.
Flofocus,Oct 21 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:Sweet.  Lesbian marriages on FC.net  :lol:
[right][snapback]150642[/snapback][/right]
:postpics:

:lol:
NefCanuck,Oct 21 2005, 04:47 PM Wrote:Hell, I've managed five people and their crap in the trunk of my Focus sedan.  Sure the rear seat passengers hated my guts, but at least they got where they wanted to go now didn't they? :P[right][snapback]150744[/snapback][/right]
I'd hate your guts too if I was in the back seat and knowing there was 5 people (and their crap) stuffed into the trunk behind them! :lol:

focusonthis_88, let me know if you buy a new 2006 Escape, I may be able to help you out.
OAC_Sparky,Oct 22 2005, 09:07 AM Wrote:focusonthis_88, let me know if you buy a new 2006 Escape, I may be able to help you out.
[right][snapback]150808[/snapback][/right]

Like how? pm me
Pages: 1 2 3 4