FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best Suv For The $
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
focusonthis_88,Oct 22 2005, 09:11 AM Wrote:Like how? pm me
[right][snapback]150810[/snapback][/right]
PM sent.
Did anybody hear something bad about the Freestyle?? It look very good.
focusonthis_88,Oct 22 2005, 11:35 AM Wrote:Did anybody hear something bad about the Freestyle??  It look very good.
[right][snapback]150828[/snapback][/right]
None, other than the starting price is about $5G above the starting price of the Escape.
OAC_Sparky,Oct 22 2005, 11:51 AM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Oct 22 2005, 11:35 AM Wrote:Did anybody hear something bad about the Freestyle??  It look very good.
[right][snapback]150828[/snapback][/right]
None, other than the starting price is about $5G above the starting price of the Escape.
[right][snapback]150833[/snapback][/right]

I saw that...but it still look pretty sweet
OAC_Sparky,Oct 22 2005, 09:07 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 21 2005, 04:47 PM Wrote:Hell, I've managed five people and their crap in the trunk of my Focus sedan.  Sure the rear seat passengers hated my guts, but at least they got where they wanted to go now didn't they? :P[right][snapback]150744[/snapback][/right]
I'd hate your guts too if I was in the back seat and knowing there was 5 people (and their crap) stuffed into the trunk behind them! :lol:
[right][snapback]150808[/snapback][/right]

I think I realized we were in trouble when I was trying to merge on to the 401, floored it and there was a pregnant pause long enough to give birth to an elephant :P

NefCanuck
koolest escape around

http://www.focustuning.com/New_Escape.htm

but i still think there a little man's car. Go big or go home.Kia, Hyundai and Jeep are junk. Driven them all and they are junk. Escape is a close second to junk.
I test drove an 2001 escape XLT today, with every option. And was a pretty good ride. Even tho it had 135,000 km on it, and wanted 16 grand for it...i liked it alot.

The V6 is noisey but definatly has balls. Handles really well, and it didnt feel that much more different then my focus, in terms of visability and ride quality.

The km's and the price is whats keeping me from signing, but i did like it alot...ill see what happens this week.
meford4u,Oct 22 2005, 10:34 PM Wrote:koolest escape around

http://www.focustuning.com/New_Escape.htm

but i still think there a little man's car.  Go big or go home.Kia, Hyundai and Jeep are junk.  Driven them all and they are junk.  Escape is a close second to junk.
[right][snapback]150925[/snapback][/right]

What do you suggest in a SUV if there all junks??
FociPhil,Oct 23 2005, 12:17 AM Wrote:I test drove an 2001 escape XLT today, with every option. And was a pretty good ride. Even tho it had 135,000 km on it, and wanted 16 grand for it...i liked it alot.

The V6 is noisey but definatly has balls. Handles really well, and it didnt feel that much more different then my focus, in terms of visability and ride quality.

The km's and the price is whats keeping me from signing, but i did like it alot...ill see what happens this week.
[right][snapback]150931[/snapback][/right]

Sounds good, what system was in that one :lol:

I ask all the time b/c they sound very good for a stock system, i know the one i rode in sounded sweet. The v6 also does have balls, last one i was in. The driver, she nailed it to pass a car and i was like "holy s**t", lots of power on tap. They did also handle very well, probably the best in it's class.

16000 does seem to be a little high

This is what i hope to be the escape resdesign to be

http://allcarscentral.com/ford/index.php?topic=19.0

The Ford Equator

[Image: 2051019.003.Mini1L.jpg]
Are the new F-150 are the older model hard on gas???
get a turbo diesel motor with manual trans and 3 manually locking differentials. do they make trucks like that anymore?
dont even think on getting a f150...too much gas..ask Meford..
the Escape is sweet..I did get rid of the SVT cause 2 doors are really for single owners and no kids..also..the streets here were killing the little car..you cant beat the change...nice little truck.!
Love that escape done up like that...... and the Equator looks hot !
redsvtfocus,Oct 23 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:dont even think on getting a f150...too much gas..ask Meford..
the Escape is sweet..I did get rid of the SVT cause 2 doors are really for single owners and no kids..also..the streets here were killing the little car..you cant beat the change...nice little truck.!
[right][snapback]151040[/snapback][/right]

Is it better on gas?
I don't think the new Suzuki Grand Vitara has been mentioned it's got allot of good options and it's offroad capable with good pricing as well.

Here is a test drive on the new Grand Vitara that just came out today.
http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/0...vitara.htm

[Image: 06grand_vitara_16-1.jpg]

Laterz :)
Kool_ZX3- it had a six disc changer in it, and i noticed speakers on the a-pillar. I pumped it pretty hard and i wasnt impressed with it.

But then again im used to my sound system in my focus. And aftermarket equipment.
FociPhil,Oct 24 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:Kool_ZX3- it had a six disc changer in it, and i noticed speakers on the a-pillar. I pumped it pretty hard and i wasnt impressed with it.

But then again im used to my sound system in my focus. And aftermarket equipment.
[right][snapback]151124[/snapback][/right]

Need to agree...I think the Escape would be the best for the money..Im looking really at the Hybride...Im falling in love with that Escape!
I wanna make something cool for the escape!!! :o B)
Flofocus,Oct 24 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:I wanna make something cool for the escape!!!  :o  B)
[right][snapback]151172[/snapback][/right]

I still have my sound system..now were going to have alot more space to play with! :lol:
focusonthis_88,Oct 24 2005, 03:39 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Oct 24 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:I wanna make something cool for the escape!!!  :o  B)
[right][snapback]151172[/snapback][/right]

I still have my sound system..now were going to have alot more space to play with! :lol:
[right][snapback]151173[/snapback][/right]

Nice, maybe room for some TV's? :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4