FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2005 Ford Focus - Dead Fuel Sender & Pump!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, after having much fun at the cruise I was driving home and on my way back noticed a serious lack of motivation when I was trying to pass people (It was taking two stomps of the go pedal to get any go :( )

So drive around a bit more yesterday, fuel guage by this time is doing Twilight Zone level stuff (Dropping to empty and bonging me at a light and then while I'm sitting there rising again and extinguishing the light) and I figure okay dealer time.

I drop the car off this AM, the service rep is looking at me with the look you reserve for the crazy relative you want to placate but off the car goes to get looked at.

I get called at work, both the sender unit in the tank & the fuel pump are pooched. Dealership doesn't have the parts in stock (I suppose it would be odd to have an '05 fuel sender & fuel pump in stock but geez...) What I didn't question and should have was the fact that the dealership is in Mississauga and the parts depot is in BRAMPTON! It's not like its a zillion miles away (In fact Mississauga and Brampton border on one another)

Did they redesign those parts again for '05? Or did I just get the assembly that was inserted on the line Friday at 5pm? <_<

NefCanuck
(Oh well, better it happen now under warranty :huh: )
NefCanuck,Oct 17 2005, 08:48 PM Wrote:Did they redesign those parts again for '05?  Or did I just get the assembly that was inserted on the line Friday at 5pm?  <_<
[right][snapback]149736[/snapback][/right]

hahahahaha meford sucks..hahaha
Thats no fun at all, but as you said at least it is under warranty!
26k already on your 05...wow you do allot of driving :P
hardk0re,Oct 17 2005, 09:17 PM Wrote:Thats no fun at all, but as you said at least it is under warranty! 
26k already on  your 05...wow you do allot of driving :P
[right][snapback]149746[/snapback][/right]
it was all his "extra driving" thats why he bought the GPS, to cut down on the "extra driving" :lol:
hardk0re,Oct 17 2005, 09:17 PM Wrote:Thats no fun at all, but as you said at least it is under warranty! 
26k already on  your 05...wow you do allot of driving :P
[right][snapback]149746[/snapback][/right]

Well, I did buy it as an ex-daily rental with 15K on it back in April, so only 11K of it is mine and it went into service in Sept '04 so it's not that unreasonable... but something tells me I'd better grab that Ford EP warranty before too long at this rate :ph34r:

NefCanuck
microbunny,Oct 17 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 17 2005, 08:48 PM Wrote:Did they redesign those parts again for '05?  Or did I just get the assembly that was inserted on the line Friday at 5pm?  <_<

[right][snapback]149744[/snapback][/right]

Oi, oi, Meford is a painter and I'm sure he does his job very well... The assembler who threw the bits in my fuel tank? I wanna shake them like a maraca :angry:

NefCanuck
That sucks. Good luck with the repair, hope it's all running properly when you get her back.
happened to my cousin about 3-4 months right after she got her car in '04 its actually more common than u think
NefCanuck,Oct 17 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Oct 17 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]149744[/snapback][/right]

Oi, oi, Meford is a painter and I'm sure he does his job very well... The assembler who threw the bits in my fuel tank? I wanna shake them like a maraca :angry:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]149759[/snapback][/right]
hahahaaha, that reminds me, while i wasn't laidoff, i accidentaly put the wrong part on about 300 cutters hahahahaha
paolo,Oct 17 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:happened to my cousin about 3-4 months right after she got her car in '04  its actually more common than u think
[right][snapback]149762[/snapback][/right]

Really? I would have thought that with the shitstorm Ford went through with the fuel pumps when the Focus was first introduced, that they would have made the subsequent redesign absolutely bulletproof :huh:

NefCanuck
(anything to save a buck I suppose... gotta pay Gretzky his coin as spokeschimp after all)
ZX5focused,Oct 17 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:it was all his "extra driving" thats why he bought the GPS, to cut down on the "extra driving" :lol:
[right][snapback]149755[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :rofl:

Sorry to hear about this Daniel. Hopefully they'll get you all fixed up good and quick. Raise hell about this tho
I for one will blame this happening on the fact your car was possibly abused as a rental......... enough said there, but hopefully the car will be fixed and all the issues will be resolved afterwords.
It's possible that if they used a different pump/sender for the 05 that "design issues" might come up again, as they did for the 1st gen's first run of fuel pumps.

And if Meford ran amuck on your car, the rear of the car wouldn't match the front of the car. :P

I wonder if they've checked the fuel filter at the same time? It'd be a shame to get all that nice work done just to have crap in the filter send you back the next day.

NOS2Go4Me,Oct 18 2005, 08:15 AM Wrote:It's possible that if they used a different pump/sender for the 05 that "design issues" might come up again, as they did for the 1st gen's first run of fuel pumps.

And if Meford ran amuck on your car, the rear of the car wouldn't match the front of the car. :P

I wonder if they've checked the fuel filter at the same time? It'd be a shame to get all that nice work done just to have crap in the filter send you back the next day.
[right][snapback]149798[/snapback][/right]

If theyre changing the pump, they should be changing the filter.
It looks like the Focus just has a bad fuel pump manufacturer.

I wonder when the contract is up?
Probably made by pisteon (visteon)
Built with pride in Mexico! But like you said, better now than later.
oi oi oi! the focus is no longer made in mexico MANG..

Built FORD TOUGH in america!
Frost__2001,Oct 18 2005, 07:59 AM Wrote:I for one will blame this happening on the fact your car was possibly abused as a rental......... enough said there, but hopefully the car will be fixed and all the issues will be resolved afterwords.
[right][snapback]149792[/snapback][/right]

Which raises the question then, what could renters have done to the car in the eight months/14,712km since it came off the line in Sept '04 until I got my hands on it? Can't see the renters driving the car down to fumes constantly, I mean they have to return the car to the rental place with a full tank unless they wanna pop for the rental companies crazy charges to fill the tank...

Only thing I've ever done that might be classified as abuse would have been the dyno run, but the gas tank was nearly full when I had the runs done at DaSilva, so I can't see that being a problem.

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Oct 18 2005, 08:57 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 18 2005, 08:15 AM Wrote:It's possible that if they used a different pump/sender for the 05 that "design issues" might come up again, as they did for the 1st gen's first run of fuel pumps.

[right][snapback]149798[/snapback][/right]

If theyre changing the pump, they should be changing the filter.
[right][snapback]149808[/snapback][/right]

They haven't told me that they're doing this. If they change the filter without telling me first and try to charge me for it that will make me very... grumpy Ask Frost_2001 what I'm like when I'm grumpy

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2