FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Can You Swim Faster In Water Or Syrup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
because I watch too much TV, I'll post the actual answer later. Just seeing what people think...

discuss away..
I would assume water as the viscosity of syrup would add to the drag factor, also the density of syrup seem to me like it would play against you, unless your going for the pancake at the other end of the pool.... :rolleyes:
french_connection,Oct 7 2005, 01:28 PM Wrote:I would assume water as the viscosity of syrup would add to the drag factor, also the density of syrup seem to me like it would play against you, unless your going for the pancake at the other end of the pool....  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]147360[/snapback][/right]

GO SYRUP :lol:
Am I completely shaved????
Same says I, you will have more resistance going through syrup but you will also be better able to pull yourself through the fluid because it is thicker. They probably cancel eachother out.
I VOTE SYRUP..... just because it seems unlikley

so, what kind of syrup are we talking?
Is it European or African syrup? :lol:
syrup - once you start swimming you will start to hydroglide on the syrup --

- - -yahh - - go syrup!!!!! - --- -
water is denser than concrete. Syrup all over me would make me so hot and want to like myself clean
meford4u,Oct 7 2005, 01:00 PM Wrote:water is denser than concrete.  Syrup all over me would make me so hot and want to like myself clean
[right][snapback]147399[/snapback][/right]

:puke:

For gawd sakes man it's lunch time!

"yar that will replace the White Whale in me nightmares"
haha ive laughed at every post in this thread...

#1 THREAD!!!

the real question to get the answer is...

Aunt Jemima or Maple??
2001 ZTS,Oct 7 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 7 2005, 01:00 PM Wrote:water is denser than concrete.  Syrup all over me would make me so hot and want to like myself clean

[right][snapback]147407[/snapback][/right]

Lunch time? At 2pm? Have yar evar been to sea Billy?
I called both the same (Sorry but this is like that question "What's heavier? A pound of air or a pound of feathers?")

NefCanuck
I'll say water, just because it's the obvious (but probably wrong) answer.

2001 ZTS,Oct 7 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]147407[/snapback][/right]

LMAO
ok.............
Equal. You have more to pull against in Syrup, but more resistance. Opposite is true of water.

Meford is a fag
i saw this on Daily Planet this morning......and voted accordingly :P
Can You Swim Faster In Water Or Syrup?

Neither. I can't swim. Period. :(
Raine,Oct 7 2005, 04:40 PM Wrote:Equal. You have more to pull against in Syrup, but more resistance. Opposite is true of water.

Meford is a fag
[right][snapback]147474[/snapback][/right]

Are we resorting to name calling? Cheap bastard?
Syrup. You'd probably be more bouyant in it and you'd get more thrust from your strokes (swimming strokes not stroking yourself).
Pages: 1 2