FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Acetone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe if someone wants to try this first and post their results?!?!http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/
tempted, but i guess i will wait for someone else first :)
While the premise seems sound, the problem I see is that fuel-handling components would have to be designed to deal with the "other" effects of acetone.

My ex once spilled nail-polish remover (acetone is the chief ingredient) on a piece of plastic matting, turned the plastic (vinyl) into a blob of goo.

Every component from fuel tank, pumps, injectors, seals, etc would have to be checked or modified.
Yeah I have to agree about the harshness on rubber and plastic components. I also wondered about the fumes no matter how little effecting the o2 sensor. I read on another site about some guy who ran it in his cummins dodge but there is a lot less sensors on diesel than a gas.
I used to use acetone to clean off my fiberglass brushes and the area I worked in... This stuff is potent when it comes to fiberglass... it eats it.