Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acetone?
Maybe if someone wants to try this first and post their results?!?!http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/
tempted, but i guess i will wait for someone else first :)
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

While the premise seems sound, the problem I see is that fuel-handling components would have to be designed to deal with the "other" effects of acetone.

My ex once spilled nail-polish remover (acetone is the chief ingredient) on a piece of plastic matting, turned the plastic (vinyl) into a blob of goo.

Every component from fuel tank, pumps, injectors, seals, etc would have to be checked or modified.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Yeah I have to agree about the harshness on rubber and plastic components. I also wondered about the fumes no matter how little effecting the o2 sensor. I read on another site about some guy who ran it in his cummins dodge but there is a lot less sensors on diesel than a gas.
I used to use acetone to clean off my fiberglass brushes and the area I worked in... This stuff is potent when it comes to fiberglass... it eats it.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.