FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nfs Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li..._preview_gaming

Uhm, wow. I can't wait to try out a demo for this!
Kinda looks like Grid, hopefully better.
I don't see damage on any of those pics, I hope they do have it.
I find it to be sad that they are taking all of the street racing games and turning them into boring track games. Graphics great I'll probably bet it in a couple days and think about returning it for the $12 it will be worth. :(
Scorcher000,Jun 19 2009, 10:58 AM Wrote:I find it to be sad that they are taking all of the street racing games and turning them into boring track games. Graphics great I'll probably bet it in a couple days and think about returning it for the $12 it will be worth. :(
[right][snapback]289851[/snapback][/right]

So true, nfs carbon was good, undercover was ok but I missed the night racing.
They should just leave the track/simulator games to Gran Turismo.
The good thing i've been reading is they are adding these simulator style games to the nfs lineup while producing arcade style racers as well. NFS has always been one of my favourite lines of racing games. Just been playing ProStreet on 360 lately, and lovin it!
The funny thing is that I guess a lot of you don't know that the original NFS was indeed a simulator. It came out on the 3DO and was later re-released on the PlayStation (as NFS: SE). By the third NFS, it was still circuit racing or point-to-point racing, but then the high muckamucks decided to make it into a "street racing" game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_speed

I had a Goldstar 3DO back in the day, and one of these days I'll get a working one off eBay and a copy of NFS for old times' sake. :)
The best NFS was the Porsche one where you raced thru there history and you bought and sold cars for cash and then soup'd them up
I have fond memories of NFS III for the playstation... I haven't really cared too much for the rest after that -- they keep making games more complicated, and end up sucking the fun out of them.

DD1,Jun 21 2009, 12:09 PM Wrote:The best NFS was the Porsche one where you raced thru there history and you bought and sold cars for cash and then soup'd them up
[right][snapback]289892[/snapback][/right]

I definately agree. Porsche Unleashed was the best one ever released.

Then The Fast and the Furious came out, and it all went to sh!t. I still play them though since they are fun, but not very realistic.