FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Would You Rather Be?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got to thinking about this after reading about the fact Oscar was considering trading the SPI in for a ST.

I'd do the same, initially... but would I? Really?

I'm slow, but the car looks good and handles fairly well. I'm happy, but every time a seriously sweet car goes by, I just shiver. Case in point - a G35 coupe rips past me tonight on Bay St. and I just instinctively goose the gas. Not much noise from a stock Toyota 1.8L, but it's proof of the fact that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts like Darth Sidious.

So... are you happy being a slow Focus? Are you one of thoe mutated FastFocuses? Are you happy being something else entirely? Does stock float your boat?

Discuss.
I like my car for what it is: a car. My next car will be faster. For now I like driving around in a car that is my own, paid off, has a half decent stereo and that somebody would be able to identify as mine if they saw me driving along. I'd rather invest in audio anyway because at least that way I can take it with me to my next vehicle
ive thought about it before, if i would want a faster car or my focus(or faster Focus) and if i could do it all over again, i would have bought the same car.
but opinions do change over time, like the first time i saw a focus on the road i thought to myself "what an ugly piece of s**t, ill never buy one of those" . And then that fateful day at the dealers last September,"hmm, buy a focus? or a faster car that will cost way more money? Then my uncle said "Your buying that car!" and i said ok. And the moral of the story is? I forgot what this post is supposed to be about?
Raine,Sep 30 2005, 12:26 AM Wrote:I like my car for what it is: a car. My next car will be faster. For now I like driving around in a car that is my own, paid off, has a half decent stereo and that somebody would be able to identify as mine if they saw me driving along. I'd rather invest in audio anyway because at least that way I can take it with me to my next vehicle
[right][snapback]145716[/snapback][/right]

well taken raine, and i feel the same way exactly, it's your own, it doesn't really matter weather it's slow or fast, we all have to do the speed limit (by law) enless if your on the track. If you wanna look good doing it, it's a bonus, and with some cars, it's easyer than others.
Trade in the SPI for the ST? Maybe once the spring comes along. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of buying an STI or a WRX wagon... does that answer your question :lol:
I called "slow but pro" I like my license clean as a whistle but it doesn't mean I want to drive an anonymous lump of a car either ;) I'll do a few more appearance mods, some very mild performance things (CAI/exhaust) but this car is my car for all seasons/all reasons so I can't go too crazy. (Doesn't help that I drive an autotragic :P )

NefCanuck
Quick and trick, the SVT in black like mine is understated, and I'm sure 3/4 of people don't even know the difference between it and a std Focus, yet just sitting there you can tell it's sporty. It doesn't gather much attention, but it's got some power and slick handling when I need/want it.
well with the time comes for me, other then a winter beater to put my car away for the winters when I can afford one that is, I'd concider buying another Focus in 2007.............. lol so yeah that would be my 3rd one then.................... but I'd get a wagon, or finally get a ZX3, but more then likely it would be a wagon.