FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: This Website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it just me or has this website just died since it was taken under management?
them's fightin words.

Insert english accent and butler. The new and improved FC.net has refined itself to be of a kinder gentler car enthusiasts club with the emphasis more on cars and less on playtime.

Where's bunny,.
It's not as much fun as it used to be because there is nobody from saskatewan to make fun of.
To be honest, unless you came here to read all the drama that went on towards the end of the previous "regime" ...... i use the word in total humour ..... then i would say the site is just a good before, if not getting better.
habmann,Sep 29 2005, 09:34 PM Wrote:To be honest, unless you came here to read all the drama that went on towards the end of the previous "regime" ...... i use the word in total humour ..... then i would say the site is just a good before, if not getting better.
[right][snapback]145688[/snapback][/right]

You and I seem to agree on a lot of things :P

I think Andrew hit the nail on the head too about the people from Sask... who still posts on FC from there? Jay, occasionally, Phil, but he's orginially from Ontario.. all the formerly regular posters have pretty much drifted off... and that has caused a huge reduction in drama... there are only 2 or 3 real s**t raisers left...
the one guy I notice posting more since we've gone under new management posts that it's gotten quieter...

actually, it's been a lot more busy around here lately. There's 2 pages of off-topic I haven't had the chance to read through, and it's not all whoring.

So yeah, we've gotten a bit quieter because there's less thread jacking, and drama, but I never put a stop to it. I gave it a home, and that home has been somewhat quiet recently, but the rest of the board has been humming along, and should grow as people get used to the idea of not posting useless in every thread.

Everywhere else, we have more people from different regions posting, Quebec is flyin'!, and we're attracting more members still (nearly a hundred in the last month alone).

This site isn't for the 10 vocal people, it's for the full 900+ membership to come hang out, talk cars (and stuff) in a community-like environment.
darkpuppet,Sep 30 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:the one guy I notice posting more since we've gone under new management posts that it's gotten quieter...

actually, it's been a lot more busy around here lately.  There's 2 pages of off-topic I haven't had the chance to read through, and it's not all whoring.

So yeah, we've gotten a bit quieter because there's less thread jacking, and drama, but I never put a stop to it.  I gave it a home, and that home has been somewhat quiet recently, but the rest of the board has been humming along, and should grow as people get used to the idea of not posting useless in every thread.

Everywhere else, we have more people from different regions posting, Quebec is flyin'!, and we're attracting more members still (nearly a hundred in the last month alone). 

This site isn't for the 10 vocal people, it's for the full 900+ membership to come hang out, talk cars (and stuff) in a community-like environment.
[right][snapback]145746[/snapback][/right]

... and for the admin to get Pwn3d....

nevertheless, the whoring has calmed down, because theres no real need for it anymore. This place is being run properly now, and theres no real reason for mods to step in. Which usually causes most of the whoring.

not to mention i have nobody to whore with now. where's bunny???
meford4u,Sep 29 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:them's fightin words. 

Insert english accent and butler.  The new and improved FC.net has refined itself to be of a kinder gentler car enthusiasts club with the emphasis more on cars and less on playtime.

Where's bunny,.
[right][snapback]145677[/snapback][/right]

Look buddy don't go starting stuff. I am not trying to fight with anyone. I think all the improvemnets are great but it just seemed to me that people are not making as many posts and replies. Maybe it is just me. I just thought I would ask if anyone else noticed this maybe it has nothing to do with the new management maybe it is just the time of year.
Meford wansn't starting anything relax d00d...

My guess is its the time of year. Winter this place will get busy again, and drama filled. Dont forget about the drama!!!
scoobasteve,Sep 30 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:Meford wansn't starting anything relax d00d...

My guess is its the time of year. Winter this place will get busy again, and drama filled. Dont forget about the drama!!!
[right][snapback]145770[/snapback][/right]

:banger: And can't forget :fluffy:
sorry, i forgot to mention drunken posting!

damn dude its 11am

:D
yeah... things always slow down come winter... and the drama picks up.
darkpuppet,Sep 30 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:yeah... things always slow down come winter... and the drama picks up.
[right][snapback]145777[/snapback][/right]

That's 'cause half of us put the car up on blocks for the winter, laughing at the rest of us poor 'tards that run the car all year round :lol:

NefCanuck
(who is a four season 'tard and proud of it ;) )
Everyone is out driving.

The Focus runs incredibly well this time of year!
ANTHONYD,Sep 30 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:Everyone is out driving.

The Focus runs incredibly well this time of year!
[right][snapback]145786[/snapback][/right]
it does? someone forgot to tell that to my Focus. :D
Well I've come back on here since it's come under new management, I wouldn't have been around otherwise. Personally this site has a TON of potential and I feel it's well on it's way already. The organization of this site has gone right through the roof, definitely more favorable in my opinion.

Could be the time of year though or the fact that before darkpuppet took over, the site was getting killed by it's rank reputation at the time and maybe people that used to be on here don't realize it's dramatically changed......
well, there's still changes in the pipe...

I'm holding off on sending out a newsletter to all the members until the new design and mandates are in place.
I LIVE IN SASKATCHEWAN!! MAKE FUN OF ME!!!!!!!!

Yeah im not posting as much, becuase im actually starting to do work at my job. STarting to EARN some of the money they pay me lol

yeah i like the changes being made...it makes me happy knowing that if i make a thread, its not going to be jacked, and the next day have 7 pages of replys, from the same 2-3 people, about nothing/bitching.
BradfordZX3,Sep 30 2005, 10:16 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 29 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:them's fightin words. 

Insert english accent and butler.  The new and improved FC.net has refined itself to be of a kinder gentler car enthusiasts club with the emphasis more on cars and less on playtime.

Where's bunny,.
[right][snapback]145677[/snapback][/right]

Look buddy don't go starting stuff. I am not trying to fight with anyone. I think all the improvemnets are great but it just seemed to me that people are not making as many posts and replies. Maybe it is just me. I just thought I would ask if anyone else noticed this maybe it has nothing to do with the new management maybe it is just the time of year.
[right][snapback]145766[/snapback][/right]

Woah, tough guy. I could crush you with my thumb. If I wanted to start something you'd be cryin to your mama right now. STFU
FociPhil,Sep 30 2005, 12:09 PM Wrote:IM LIVE IN SASKATCHEAWN!! MAKE FUN OF ME!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]145833[/snapback][/right]
Hahahaa Saskatewan :lol:

Do they have running water up there?
Pages: 1 2 3