FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Better Go Fill Up Asap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P-51,Sep 22 2005, 08: Wrote:Something snapped inside me, and I became an American overnight.  I'm currently trying to hoard as much gas as possible.  "Winner takes all!"  I've got 40 gallons of premium stored so far, and I'm trying to find more gas cans.  Luckily for you guys, I'm buying it in the US!  Luckily for me, premium at the equivalent of 0.85/L!  B)

Some people say "you're part of the problem", and they're probably right... but screw them!  If I can store more gas than you, and can hold out longer, I win, you lose, please try again.

Now I just need to figure out how to dump my shares in Nortel and JDS, and buy American gas futures!

So, the Walmart near my office in Detroit is out of gas cans.  But they have tons of diesel cans.  Anybody know if it's fine to put gas in the yellow diesel cans? I don't imagine it really makes  difference.
[right][snapback]143855[/snapback][/right]

Is this an American thing to do? :huh:

My father and I have been doing this since gas was at .75....lol.

P-51,Sep 22 2005, 08: Wrote:Something snapped inside me, and I became an American overnight.  I'm currently trying to hoard as much gas as possible.  "Winner takes all!"  I've got 40 gallons of premium stored so far, and I'm trying to find more gas cans.  Luckily for you guys, I'm buying it in the US!  Luckily for me, premium at the equivalent of 0.85/L!  B)

Some people say "you're part of the problem", and they're probably right... but screw them!  If I can store more gas than you, and can hold out longer, I win, you lose, please try again.

Now I just need to figure out how to dump my shares in Nortel and JDS, and buy American gas futures!

So, the Walmart near my office in Detroit is out of gas cans.  But they have tons of diesel cans.  Anybody know if it's fine to put gas in the yellow diesel cans? I don't imagine it really makes  difference.

Like Homer when the sugar truck crashed. :rolleyes:

are the yellow cans that same polyvinyl-whatever material as regular gascans? if it looks the same, feels the same (smells the same?).. I'd figure it'd be no problem.

I love pulling beside SUVs and complaining about the price of gas.

"Damnit! .. $40 to fill my tank. thank god it'll be another month before I fill up again."
You should have heard my dad this morning.

Oscar: Dad?

Dad: Yeah.

Oscar: You up?

Dad: Just got up. What's up?

Oscar: Gas shot up to a $1.60 in Windsor this morning. Probably gonna be $2.30 up in Timmins later today.

Dad: So?

Oscar: Don't you have to drive to Toronto today and catch a flight?

Dad: Yeah. So?

Oscar: Is your truck filled up? Remember she has a big tank.

Dad: Oh crap! Gotta go! (Hangs up)

Oscar: You're welcome dad.
Flofocus,Sep 22 2005, 08:56 AM Wrote:

Is this an American thing to do? :huh:

[right][snapback]143856[/snapback][/right]

First I've heard of it if it is! :lol:
:lol:

Buddy of mine put up a price on ontariogasprices.com.

Check it out. He put up a fake gas bar with a fake price under the visitor. Some people are just gullible. We're waiting for the local radio sation to broadcast it.Ontario gas prices.com The gas station is Hansen's Variety posted with $197.5/L.

:lol: :lol:

Some people are so gullible.
awww they deleted it...
Chatam-------1.75
Ok, I talked to my friends that work at the pioneer across the way from my work, and if Galvaston TX goes down with Rita, like New Orleans did with Katrina, he said that Tonight the gas prices will go up to $1.809L for regular in Toronto.

Again, Tonight Gas Pirces will be through the roof.

EDIT: On the radio gas has been reported as $2.309L in guelph, $2.19L in Sarnia, and just about the same in windsor.....
So it's already begun.............................

( post 800 here :D )
Quote:Is this an American thing to do? 

No, but the "screw everybody else, I'm looking out for myself, I don't care if my hoarding drives the prices up, there's nothing you can do to stop, it's my right" attitude is.

The way I see it, I'm just creating my own private "strategic gas reserve". Something the government should have mandated, but didn't.

Doesn't anybody else find it kinda scary that, a completely normal, and predictable occurance, hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico, can shut down refineries, there is no excess capacity in the rest of the country to bridge the gap, and not enough storage to get the nation through for a few weeks?

Why build excess capacity and/or storage? That's wasteful, reduce profits, when you can just run on the bleeding edge, and jack up prices when something happens.

Did you guys know that the biggest refinery in the US, the Mobil refinery directly on-shore from Galviston, is probably going to take a direct hit, and maybe be inundated by the storm surge? Could be down for weeks.

Anybody else pissed that... while the rest of us in Canada have been suffering with these prices, Ralph Klien just announced that Alberta will give a $400 tax-free cheque to every man, woman and child in Alberta, as a windfall payoff from record tax income stemming from the record gas prices and profits of the oil companies in Alberta who profiteered off the backs of the rest of us?

I think the rest of the provinces should impose a special tarrif on all fishery products, raw mineral and meta, and manufactured goods, and pot from BC entering Alberta. Everything they import from the rest of us. Then they can distribute those funds to us to pay for our gas. Interprovincial trade war.

They were so pissed in the 70's because of the National Energy Policy, saying the rest of Canada stole from them. Now this. Hypocrites.
This has gotta be a joke... its 104.9 in mississauga.
scoobasteve,Sep 22 2005, 10:36 AM Wrote:This has gotta be a joke... its 104.9 in mississauga.
[right][snapback]143892[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, Mississauga is a joke. The gas prices are probably not though.
godddammit.... looks like i'll be taking the 389213742 hour subway ride to work now...
I know a couple of people that worked at Texaco/Esso... the refineries never topped 80% capacity.. NEVER... any lost refining capacity can easily be made up at other refineries.

But you won't hear that because the people holding your nuts so tightly don't want to relinquish that grip. The petroleum industry is probably a bigger liar to the general public than the tabacco industry ever was.

I honestly think the federal government should step in and stop provinces from raping each other. But then again, I'm also considering moving to alberta just because. Alberta has the equivalent of Saudi Arabia in oil reserves, but unlike Saudi Arabia, all that wealth is just staying in the one province. The whole country could benefit, but noooooo.. we come right back to greed.

Oh well.. we had it coming. Everyone who's ever wanted or has driven an SUV in the city has no right to complain ... ever. And there's always the option of moving out of your affordable cookie cutter home in the burbs to a more modest place near your place of business. The fact is that our excess material greed has gotten the better of us, and we deserve it.

I can't wait till the dust settles.
I just filled the tank half an hour ago... the boss wanted a coffee and bagel, and he even bought :)

$48.00 even for 42.4L of 87 octane... I'd had the gas light on for over a day, and totally forgot to go out and fill up last night.

It's chaos here in North Bay. Every station has stupid lineups. I rabbited in behind a pickup with 8 gas cans, turned up the tunes and turned off the engine. 10 minutes later I was filling the tank. I got lucky. Other pump lineups at the same station were 4-6 cars long. I jumped in to that one because I was the only compact that could swing around the other pickups in line :ph34r:

Also, the guy who was running the station kept coming out and inspecting people's cars and trucks, encouraging us to pre-pay (which I did for the first time in over a year), and watching for drive-offs.

He also looked very nervous and shifty, as though he was just ordered to raise the price and was quite unsure as to when to do it exactly.
darkpuppet,Sep 22 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:Oh well.. we had it coming.  Everyone who's ever wanted or has driven an SUV in the city has no right to complain ... ever.  And there's always the option of moving out of your affordable cookie cutter home in the burbs to a more modest place near your place of business.  The fact is that our excess material greed has gotten the better of us, and we deserve it.

I can't wait till the dust settles.
[right][snapback]143898[/snapback][/right]

I'm laughing at all of the suckers, the above has been my mantra for years.
This is why we bought so close to the office, and this is why we drive Focuses, people. So we take the least amount of a hit possible. It's aggravating when a tank costs almost $50... but think of the jackasses with 80-120L tanks :D
Unfortunately for me, moving closer to work means moving into the US. :ph34r: That'll never happen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8