FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Project 1st Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As some of you know i've acquired yet another focus.... :lol:

I made a deal with a member on here for a some-what bone stock 2000 zx3

I intend to modify it over the course of the next year and give it to my cousin for his 16th birthday. As it turns out my Uncle thinks this is a great idea, BUT he wants to tell him this year so they can help with the build. Unfortunately my uncle insists the modifications only be "cosmetic" lol

Here she is in all her stockness

[Image: 001.jpg]

[Image: 003.jpg]

so far i've added K6 mirrors and new antenna base w/ shorty billet antenna

[Image: 011.jpg]

[Image: 015.jpg]

[Image: 014.jpg]

[Image: 012.jpg]
Boost is cosmetic, isn't it? :P :D :lol: :rolleyes:
Then don't forget F&F body kit with decals and under glows lol

but seriosly drop and rims.
Mod list so far.....

Evo3 front bumper w/ 7.3" fogs
WingsWest side skirts
Cervini rear bumper
WingsWest Whale Tail roof spoiler
In-pro (st170) headlights (if i get them fixed)
ebay coilovers
Kyb gr2 shocks & struts
SS braided brake lines
ebay short throw shifter
billet window cranks ( yes, no power windows lol)
shorty antenna
K6 mirrors
Carbon Fiber Fart can muffler
BBK 65mm Throttle body
Ford racing wires (red)
NikiterZTS,Apr 1 2010, 08:58 PM Wrote:Then don't forget F&F body kit with decals and under glows lol

but seriosly drop and rims.
[right][snapback]304298[/snapback][/right]

Geez give time to post the F&F details LOL
drop is a given lol

rims will be a set of mustang 10 holes, painted either flat black or metalic red, and some stretched rubber (well maybe)
Who wants to bet on how long it will take to get smashed up?
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 1 2010, 09:11 PM Wrote:Who wants to bet on how long it will take to get smashed up?
[right][snapback]304302[/snapback][/right]

lol well he probably won't get to touch it for 2 years from now... has to get his G2 before he can drive it on his own
Evo3 bumper?........... Nooooooooooooooooooo
first get rid of that shorty antenna, its not even an antenna, its a piece of metal, milled with a CNC machine to look like an antenna. Secondly, I see you have NIGHTs*** On your corner federally required reflectors, thanks for joining the nights*** club.
NikiterZTS,Apr 1 2010, 09:28 PM Wrote:Evo3 bumper?...........  Nooooooooooooooooooo
[right][snapback]304304[/snapback][/right]

Sorry i've always like this bumper, and for $200 try and find me a better one

paolo,Apr 1 2010, 09:32 PM Wrote:first get rid of that shorty antenna, its not even an antenna, its a piece of metal, milled with a CNC machine to look like an antenna.  Secondly, I see you have NIGHTs*** On your corner federally required reflectors, thanks for joining the nights*** club.
[right][snapback]304305[/snapback][/right]

this shorty antenna actually works, why i bought a second one for this car (have same one on my car) the FocusCentral ones were sh!t tho and i have one of those kicking around too

Nightsh!t is from the previous owner and won't be staying, i have OEM markers going in for the safety. Nightsh!t might go back on when i install the "euro style" LED triangles and the mirror signals so i can decide which i like best
paolo,Apr 1 2010, 09:32 PM Wrote:first get rid of that shorty antenna, its not even an antenna, its a piece of metal, milled with a CNC machine to look like an antenna.  Secondly, I see you have NIGHTs*** On your corner federally required reflectors, thanks for joining the nights*** club.
[right][snapback]304305[/snapback][/right]

you spend too much time worrying about "antennas".
I think this bumper will look good IMHO

[Image: 6533evo_lower_front.jpg]

And this wing was delivered today

[Image: whaletail_1.jpg]

Yes the Whale Tail returns to FC.net!!!! LOL
EVO3 :ph34r:
fatphocus,Apr 2 2010, 02:28 AM Wrote:EVO3 :ph34r:
[right][snapback]304314[/snapback][/right]

Could be worse....

It could have been the WW Avenger lol
SL8RZZX3,Apr 1 2010, 08:47 PM Wrote:this shorty antenna actually works, why i bought a second one for this car (have same one on my car) the FocusCentral ones were sh!t tho and i have one of those kicking around too
[right][snapback]304307[/snapback][/right]

I bet if you take of the antenna you will have the same reception with and without it, if not slightly more. its not a real antenna, im boycotting focus tuning because its a piece of junk, they can make it out of plastic or heck, even chocolate for all i know and sell it as an antenna and people will be dumb enough to buy it
paolo,Apr 2 2010, 10:20 AM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Apr 1 2010, 08:47 PM Wrote:this shorty antenna actually works, why i bought a second one for this car (have same one on my car) the FocusCentral ones were sh!t tho and i have one of those kicking around too
[right][snapback]304307[/snapback][/right]

I bet if you take of the antenna you will have the same reception with and without it, if not slightly more. its not a real antenna, im boycotting focus tuning because its a piece of junk, they can make it out of plastic or heck, even chocolate for all i know and sell it as an antenna and people will be dumb enough to buy it
[right][snapback]304320[/snapback][/right]

It's not from focus tuning, and i have no idea where you got that idea from.

This one i bought off ebay, and is adjustable with 3 different lengths of antenna mast. And i've had no problem with the first one, so i bought a 2nd for the new project.

This is a build thread, and alot will be changing on this car. If you have positive criticism lets here it, i'm wide open to ideas for this car. Most of the items i have had, gotten for free and even traded for.

This is a car that will be going to a 16 year old kid, and is just intended to be a fun project. If it was meant to be perfect...... i'd hand him the keys to MY focus LOL
Hey Gord, please don't take any offence man. But it seems like it's going to be just a little bit tiny bit RICY.

I know this thought ran through some people's heads on here and I'm just throwing it out there.
For first car leave all the crazy looking bumpers with sideskirts and big tails out of the kid's car. It's gonna be nothing but a cop magnet.
It's gonna be 2012 by the time he gets the car that has a style of 2002.

I just woke up......
NikiterZTS,Apr 2 2010, 07:48 PM Wrote:Hey Gord, please don't take any offence man. But it seems like it's going to be just a little bit tiny bit RICY.

I know this thought ran through some people's heads on here and I'm just throwing it out there.
For first car leave all the crazy looking bumpers with sideskirts and big tails out of the kid's car. It's gonna be nothing but a cop magnet.

I just woke up......
[right][snapback]304326[/snapback][/right]

better late than never!! :D
NikiterZTS,Apr 2 2010, 02:48 PM Wrote:Hey Gord, please don't take any offence man. But it seems like it's going to be just a little bit tiny bit RICY.

I just woke up......
[right][snapback]304326[/snapback][/right]

Well ultimately it is going to be upto my cousin as he will be working on it with me.

And out here i was harassed less after my bodykit was installed. But it has more to do with how you drive, not what you drive.

And when you're 16 who the hell cares what year the car is or what it looks like, it's just cool that it's all yours. :D
SL8RZZX3,Apr 1 2010, 08:51 PM Wrote:As some of you know i've acquired yet another focus....  :lol:

I made a deal with a member on here for a some-what bone stock 2000 zx3

I intend to modify it over the course of the next year and give it to my cousin for his 16th birthday. As it turns out my Uncle thinks this is a great idea, BUT he wants to tell him this year so they can help with the build. Unfortunately my uncle insists the modifications only be "cosmetic" lol

[right][snapback]304295[/snapback][/right]

Damn right , he's only 16 let him live . Cosmetic is good , if you wanna go crazy add some hidraulics and spinners :lol: , then a gift certificate for a collision avoidance course.
Pages: 1 2 3