FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Antifreeze Leaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I went away for a week and when got back home I pulled the SVTF out of the garage i found a puddle of antifreeze on the floor.

Opened the hood and found a small leak coming from the thermostat housing. But not from the hoses some little silver thing on the lower left beside the hose.
Anyone ever seen this before ?
There have been reports of non-SVT Focii with a similar problem.

Best bet is to replace the housing AND the thermostat (seeing how you are already there). If you're still under warranty, I'd get the dealer to go through the aggravation of replacement ;)
I have the same problem right now. The housing is warped and you need to get a new one. They are $66.47 from Ford.
My svt has had its thermostate housing replaced. As it is a common problem with the focus in general. Good luck with that. If its not underwarranty you better make sure all the hoses get changed and checked as well.
same problem here, but it happen only in very cold weather on my car... I still have to get it replaced, I dread going to the garage... :angry:
mine doesnt appear to be any leaks, but i noticed my coolent levels are getting kinda low, at one point, it was below the min line, ive had the car since winter 01, is this a known problem too?
Ya you have to change the thermostat housing I already did it on mine. Some genious at Ford decided that the housing should be made of plastic and mounted to the metal block!
I'm just wondering if this is a Zetec-specific problem. I'll have to call Stockfish and check into this.

So... the thermostat housing, right?