Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antifreeze Leaking
Well I went away for a week and when got back home I pulled the SVTF out of the garage i found a puddle of antifreeze on the floor.

Opened the hood and found a small leak coming from the thermostat housing. But not from the hoses some little silver thing on the lower left beside the hose.
Anyone ever seen this before ?
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
There have been reports of non-SVT Focii with a similar problem.

Best bet is to replace the housing AND the thermostat (seeing how you are already there). If you're still under warranty, I'd get the dealer to go through the aggravation of replacement ;)
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
I have the same problem right now. The housing is warped and you need to get a new one. They are $66.47 from Ford.
My svt has had its thermostate housing replaced. As it is a common problem with the focus in general. Good luck with that. If its not underwarranty you better make sure all the hoses get changed and checked as well.
2002 Sonic Blue SVTF
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
BASELINE @ WHP 157, TQ 144ftlbs
[Image: nightpics(custom2).jpg]
same problem here, but it happen only in very cold weather on my car... I still have to get it replaced, I dread going to the garage... :angry:
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
mine doesnt appear to be any leaks, but i noticed my coolent levels are getting kinda low, at one point, it was below the min line, ive had the car since winter 01, is this a known problem too?
My other ride is your Mom
Ya you have to change the thermostat housing I already did it on mine. Some genious at Ford decided that the housing should be made of plastic and mounted to the metal block!
I'm just wondering if this is a Zetec-specific problem. I'll have to call Stockfish and check into this.

So... the thermostat housing, right?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antifreeze Leak Tantrik ZX3 5 1,407 10-30-2005, 08:40 AM
Last Post: paolo