FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Niagara-on-the-lake Cruise 2005 (all Info Inside)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
ANTHONYD,Oct 10 2005, 08:44 AM Wrote:
Raine,Oct 10 2005, 02:46 AM Wrote:Speaking of Poker Run, who's handing out the cards? And how do we prevent Meford from cheating?
[right][snapback]147824[/snapback][/right]

The person behind the counter will be handing out the cards.....No way he can cheat. What he gets is what he gets... :)
[right][snapback]147835[/snapback][/right]

Nope, no cheating. I have it set up that if I here from the business' you cheated, your out. And I am not running in the Poker Run as I have too much to do at ground zero.

But the boy is running in it. The only advantage he has is he knows how to get to his grandparents trailor park.

I haven't even shown him the route. Top Secret!
Count me in for a couple of extra chairs, plates, napkins, utensils, and a portable propane grill (charcoal one took a dump on me).

I'm also planning on grabbing some of those pre-made macaroni salad type things from the grocery store on the way up.

Just curious...how much stuff are we cooking up? Those hibachis and portable grilles can only cook so fast.

Besides, I'm not sure you want food and coolers being tossed all over the place (especially with floaty suspensions :D)
Richard, are you coming to the event on Saturday? Cause I don't have you as an attendee. You and everyone else is quite welcome to come!
Crap, double post.

Ok I'll use this space to let those know that I drove past the exit today and noticed Tim Horton's on both sides of the QEW.

Instead of confusing eveyone which way and Tim Horton's to go to, go away from the lake when you get off at Casablanca. For those from TO> bound QEW turn right off the Casablanca exit.

For those coming from Niagara Falls, turn left off the Casablanca exit and go over the QEW and the Gateway to Niagara is on your right.
meford4u,Oct 10 2005, 06:28 PM Wrote:Crap, double post.

Ok I'll use this space to let those know that I drove past the exit today and noticed Tim Horton's on both sides of the QEW.

Instead of confusing eveyone which way and Tim Horton's to go to, go away from the lake when you get off at Casablanca.  For those from TO> bound QEW turn right off the Casablanca exit.

For those coming from Niagara Falls, turn left off the Casablanca exit and go over the QEW and the Gateway to Niagara is on your right.
[right][snapback]147984[/snapback][/right]

It's the "big one" on the escarpment side not the lake side, can't miss it.

The parking lot on the Hamilton side of it is usually pretty empty save the occaisional tour bus and can be seen from the highway.
meford4u,Oct 10 2005, 07:28 PM Wrote:Crap, double post.

Instead of confusing eveyone which way and Tim Horton's to go to, go away from the lake when you get off at Casablanca.  For those from TO> bound QEW turn right off the Casablanca exit.

I know this is gonna sound ridiculous, but any way you can get the street address of that Tim Hortons? (I'll need it for the GPS, I know where I'm *supposed* to go by now, but I'll be using teh GPS as a backup)

NefCanuck
So far i'll be attending as well. Pending nothing gets in the way (i'll give a day or two notice)

Sounds like fun. B)

Anyone from the Hamilton/Burlington area meeting up beforehand? ANTHONYD, etc?
NefCanuck,Oct 10 2005, 10:53 PM Wrote:

I know this is gonna sound ridiculous, but any way you can get the street address of that Tim Hortons? (I'll need it for the GPS, I know where I'm *supposed* to go by now, but I'll be using teh GPS as a backup)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]148016[/snapback][/right]

Here's the address to Forbes Ford, which is located very close to the Gateway to Niagara.
455 South Service Road, Grimsby, ON, L3M4E8

Try Not to get lost.
meford4u,Oct 11 2005, 03:50 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Here's the address to Forbes Ford, which is located very close to the Gateway to Niagara.

Try Not to get lost.
[right][snapback]148039[/snapback][/right]

Nef:

You can meet up with Steve and I at my place in the morning.... I know you know how to get to my place.....

We can all go from here.
euro_zx5,Oct 10 2005, 11:40 PM Wrote:So far i'll be attending as well. Pending nothing gets in the way (i'll give a day or two notice)

Sounds like fun. B)

[right][snapback]148023[/snapback][/right]

If you want....

You can meet Steve, NefCANUCK and myslef at my place.

I'm on Appleby and uppermiddle if your interested. It's kinda the other way, but convoys are always fun.

PM FOR DIRECTIONS.
ANTHONYD,Oct 11 2005, 09:12 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Oct 10 2005, 11:40 PM Wrote:So far i'll be attending as well. Pending nothing gets in the way (i'll give a day or two notice)

Sounds like fun. B)

[right][snapback]148023[/snapback][/right]

If you want....

You can meet Steve, NefCANUCK and myslef at my place.

I'm on Appleby and uppermiddle if your interested. It's kinda the other way, but convoys are always fun.

PM FOR DIRECTIONS.
[right][snapback]148045[/snapback][/right]

Sounds good!
meford4u,Oct 11 2005, 03:50 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Try Not to get lost.
[right][snapback]148039[/snapback][/right]

Heh, okay, okay, I just want to have a backup, esp. now that my fuel guage is going wonky on me (It's getting stuck around 1/2 full as it empties and not moving downwards, I'm trying a couple of tanks of high octane but I think it's dealer time next week :()

NefCanuck
just fill up before you start the day and you should be fine.
darkpuppet,Oct 11 2005, 11:21 AM Wrote:just fill up before you start the day and you should be fine.
[right][snapback]148074[/snapback][/right]

That's the plan, I have enough to finish the week for sure (I've only done 310KM since the last fill) and I'll either fill the tank Friday night or first thing Sat in the AM.

Of course the silly guage starts acting up after I've already brought the car in for other warranty work earlier last week <_<

NefCanuck
Not a great picture, but a picture just the same:

[Image: Grimsby.jpg]

2001 ZTS,Oct 11 2005, 02:44 PM Wrote:Not a great picture, but a picture just the same:

[Image: Grimsby.jpg]
[right][snapback]148125[/snapback][/right]

You can't miss this place!

It's colossal!
hey anthony. is the burlington convoy official?

if so, what time?
scoobasteve,Oct 11 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:hey anthony. is the burlington convoy official?

if so, what time?
[right][snapback]148149[/snapback][/right]

Be at my place for 8:50 sharp!
we need to be there a little early to make sure we get everyone to the gateway!

I'll have coffee on.
[Image: 100_0943.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10