FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Some Good Travelling Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, as some of you know, I'm off for a well deserved vacation to New Brunswick and I'm going to need some more tunes.

I have to basically keep it "clean" because I'll be bringing other people that do not like hard rock/metal/rap.

So I'm going through stuff and compiling some tunes and just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

So far I've got the following:

Great Big Sea
The Tragically Hip
R.E.M.
The Police
Dave Matthews Band
Coldplay (regretful but withstandable)
Tom Petty
U2
Rush
John Mellencamp

Well, you guys know where I'm going with this... Any suggestions?
check out Dream Theater, songs like "A change of season"(23min) and "pull me under"(9min) those are to good songs and will kill 32 minutes right there
I have to basically keep it "clean" because I'll be bringing other people that do not like hard rock/metal/rap.

Dude thats gonna be one looooooooooooooooong ride

throw Shocores' song, "Bone Cracker" in the mix....that'll atleast wake 'em up, unless you wish these "other" people sleep the whole way there?

Check out the new Weezer cd. It's pretty good.
I would mention my music but you may not like the emo stuff lol
focusonthis_88,Aug 25 2005, 08:53 PM Wrote:Check out the new Weezer cd.  It's pretty good.
[right][snapback]136061[/snapback][/right]

Never thought of that. I do have Beverly Hills though.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 25 2005, 08:37 PM Wrote:So far I've got the following:

Great Big Sea
The Tragically Hip
R.E.M.
The Police
Dave Matthews Band
Coldplay (regretful but withstandable)
Tom Petty
U2
Rush
John Mellencamp

Well, you guys know where I'm going with this...  Any suggestions?
[right][snapback]136058[/snapback][/right]

Excellent choices! (Saw GBS in buffalo on the 11th!) Except for rush *vomit*

I'm sitting here working on the same thing, short road trip this weekend..
have GBS, barenaked ladies, iggy pop, frank zappa, peter gabriel, DMB, sting... umm..ACDC... buncha other stuff.. be travelling alone so choices are fairly open.

and I have no idea WHY i'm picking and choosing... i have the 6 disc mp3 changer... wtf?
torradan,Aug 25 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:and I have no idea WHY i'm picking and choosing... i have the 6 disc mp3 changer...
[right][snapback]136066[/snapback][/right]

Not me, good ol CD player. I will probably look into a HDD/MP3 system or an Ipod with Alpine player.

If I had my choices of songs, I'd put on stuff from Billy Talent, EMINEM, 50 Cent, AC/DC, Garbage, Green Day, Linkin Park, GOB, RATM, The Offspring, Sum 41, etc, etc, etc.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 25 2005, 08:17 PM Wrote:
torradan,Aug 25 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:and I have no idea WHY i'm picking and choosing... i have the 6 disc mp3 changer...
[right][snapback]136066[/snapback][/right]

Not me, good ol CD player. I will probably look into a HDD/MP3 system or an Ipod with Alpine player.

If I had my choices of songs, I'd put on stuff from Billy Talent, EMINEM, 50 Cent, AC/DC, Garbage, Green Day, Linkin Park, GOB, RATM, The Offspring, Sum 41, etc, etc, etc.
[right][snapback]136068[/snapback][/right]
you gotta check out Dream Theater!
crazikev,Aug 25 2005, 09:44 PM Wrote:you gotta check out Dream Theater!
[right][snapback]136072[/snapback][/right]

Any particular song?
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 25 2005, 08:55 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Aug 25 2005, 09:44 PM Wrote:you gotta check out Dream Theater!
[right][snapback]136072[/snapback][/right]

Any particular song?
[right][snapback]136076[/snapback][/right]
um, i like: "A change of season" (its got kinda a slow pace(not really) to it good for long trips) : took a couple listens to get used to now im freakin addicted, if im gonna get home before the song ends i drive around the block a couple times to let it finish
"pull me under": cool song
"Lie"
"The Mirror"
"home"

the got a lot of good songs, but they also have a lot of garbage too
yeah that is going to be one long ass ride...you need music to get crunk to and keep ya going and act a fool...

maybe some old school funny songs, the ones you sing along too...like...

technotronic-pump up the jam
inner circle-bad boys
cc music factory
marky mark-feel the vibration
mr vain
The whole "Top Gun" soundtrack.

It makes you drive fast.
check out My Chemical Romance, pretty good stuff. and if you wanna laugh while you drive check out Dana Cook.
Here's what I'm listening to right now:

-Johnny Rebel, Klassic Klan Kompositions

I had never heard this before, and I am ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! LOL!!
The Killers are family friendly... you've probablyheard pretty much EVERY song on the radio already.
Boston (Boston), John Mayer (Room for Squares, and Heavier Things) , Triumph (Classics), Def Leppard (Vault)
Good call guys. The Killers and Boston will be really good additions.

Thanks all and keep em coming. :D
Sloan - A Side Win(entire ablum)
Family Guy - Live in Las Vegas

Singles
Audioslave - Be Yourself
Stewie's Sexy Party
Sunny Hours - Long Beach Dub All Stars
Foo Fighter - Best of You, and DOA

I looked at my collection and thats about it
What ever happened to "it's my car, my tunes, get out and walk if you don't like it". I'd be taking care of Numero Uno first. When you take their car on a long distance jaunt, they can pick.
Pages: 1 2