FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Asians Oversell Horsepower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0.../A01-283759.htm

Looks like honda and toyota wasn't always truthful :D

Ford and GM did damn good, the cts-v went up alot over what it was before B) camry took a big hit in one engine
toyota and honda= LIARS
Lol alot of the NA manufactures actually down rate there HP.
crazikev,Aug 17 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:toyota and honda= LIARS
[right][snapback]133678[/snapback][/right]

like other companies haven't done the same.....

anyways, biased opinions aside both companies espeically Toyota produce much better vehicles.

Let's face Ford is good but, the build quality suffers when compared to other imports
Quote:Honda Civic (2005) 200 hp    (2006) 197 hp

Um... did I miss something here???
Doesn't anyone find this odd that the paper is the "Detroit Auto News" and its basically showing that all of the Domestic cars were truthful and Asians were bad? And most of the underperformers are 4cyl?

Sounds like media manipulation if you ask me. Especially when Domestics are taking a s**t kicking in sales.

I'm having a hard time believing this until I see more details.

Raine,Aug 18 2005, 01:34 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]133703[/snapback][/right]

There has been no change in the engine itself just a change in how output is measured.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2005, 06:42 AM Wrote:Doesn't anyone find this odd that the paper is the "Detroit Auto News" and its basically showing that all of the Domestic cars were truthful and Asians were bad?  And most of the underperformers are 4cyl?

Sounds like media manipulation if you ask me.  Especially when Domestics are taking a s**t kicking in sales.

[right][snapback]133716[/snapback][/right]
Dude, I don't know where in Canada you are, but I'm originally from Windsor.

If there ever was an anti-domestic newspaper, it would be the Detroit News.
OAC_Sparky,Aug 18 2005, 07:57 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2005, 06:42 AM Wrote:Doesn't anyone find this odd that the paper is the "Detroit Auto News" and its basically showing that all of the Domestic cars were truthful and Asians were bad?  And most of the underperformers are 4cyl?

Sounds like media manipulation if you ask me.  Especially when Domestics are taking a s**t kicking in sales.

[right][snapback]133716[/snapback][/right]
Dude, I don't know where in Canada you are, but I'm originally from Windsor.

If there ever was an anti-domestic newspaper, it would be the Detroit News.
[right][snapback]133719[/snapback][/right]

Detroit News anti-domestic??? Don't you mean anti-import? BTW I'm in North Bay...

Edit: I just browsed through some of the newer headlines in their auto section and most seem to favor Domestics over Imports.
I know Hyundai got into hot water with the release of the tibby.
Raine,Aug 18 2005, 06:34 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]133703[/snapback][/right]

meh that's nothing a few stickers won't fix.
the mazda was the big one... when they first came out touting 237 WHP or something like that, but delivered under 200WHP .. and it being attributed to the car always running in 'safe mode'
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:Detroit News anti-domestic??? Don't you mean anti-import?  BTW I'm in North Bay...

Edit:  I just browsed through some of the newer headlines in their auto section and most seem to favor Domestics over Imports.
[right][snapback]133723[/snapback][/right]
No, I mean anti-domestic.

Articles have only been favorable lately because domestics have gotten better (relatively).

Wasn't a year ago when Bill Ford couldn't fart without getting crucified.
Well I think it's about time some one did this type of article, I mean it's like the old style of how car manufactures are quoting higher gas milage with newer cars and reality was that was only simulated, and not real world at all when quoting gas mileage.

Hp aside, I think it will be taking a bit of wind out of a few ricers sails when trying to talk about Hp in their cars.
OAC_Sparky,Aug 18 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:Detroit News anti-domestic??? Don't you mean anti-import?  BTW I'm in North Bay...

Edit:  I just browsed through some of the newer headlines in their auto section and most seem to favor Domestics over Imports.
[right][snapback]133723[/snapback][/right]
No, I mean anti-domestic.

Articles have only been favorable lately because domestics have gotten better (relatively).

Wasn't a year ago when Bill Ford couldn't fart without getting crucified.
[right][snapback]133753[/snapback][/right]

Here Here, the detroit news is a bunch of anto domestic morons. What is it everyday on blueoval there is a new detroit news article where thier dissing the domestics and praising the imports for just about everything. They would probably diss ford next week for a silver colour on the camry that looks better then the silver color on the fusion :lol:
ANTHONYD,Aug 18 2005, 01:37 PM Wrote:I know Hyundai got into hot water with the release of the tibby.
[right][snapback]133732[/snapback][/right]

What happened with the Tiburon?
FociPhil,Aug 18 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 18 2005, 01:37 PM Wrote:I know Hyundai got into hot water with the release of the tibby.
[right][snapback]133732[/snapback][/right]

What happened with the Tiburon?
[right][snapback]133844[/snapback][/right]
I was wondering the same thing
About two years ago Hyundai admitted all there vehicles had overated HP estimates. I believe for teh Tiburon the manufacturers estimate was 15-20HP more than it actually was. They gave owners a 'credit' for the mistake.
2001 ZTS,Aug 18 2005, 03:50 PM Wrote:About two years ago Hyundai admitted all there vehicles  had overated HP estimates. I believe for teh Tiburon the manufacturers estimate was 15-20HP more than it actually was. They gave owners a 'credit' for the mistake.
[right][snapback]133848[/snapback][/right]
A credit.... like what? new lugnuts? :lol:
bigger windows? those are scary.
Pages: 1 2