Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asians Oversell Horsepower
http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0.../A01-283759.htm

Looks like honda and toyota wasn't always truthful :D

Ford and GM did damn good, the cts-v went up alot over what it was before B) camry took a big hit in one engine
My Mom Says I'm Special
toyota and honda= LIARS
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Lol alot of the NA manufactures actually down rate there HP.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
crazikev,Aug 17 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:toyota and honda= LIARS
[right][snapback]133678[/snapback][/right]

like other companies haven't done the same.....

anyways, biased opinions aside both companies espeically Toyota produce much better vehicles.

Let's face Ford is good but, the build quality suffers when compared to other imports
2002 Sonic Blue SVTF
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
BASELINE @ WHP 157, TQ 144ftlbs
[Image: nightpics(custom2).jpg]
Quote:Honda Civic (2005) 200 hp    (2006) 197 hp

Um... did I miss something here???
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Doesn't anyone find this odd that the paper is the "Detroit Auto News" and its basically showing that all of the Domestic cars were truthful and Asians were bad? And most of the underperformers are 4cyl?

Sounds like media manipulation if you ask me. Especially when Domestics are taking a s**t kicking in sales.

I'm having a hard time believing this until I see more details.

Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Raine,Aug 18 2005, 01:34 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]133703[/snapback][/right]

There has been no change in the engine itself just a change in how output is measured.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2005, 06:42 AM Wrote:Doesn't anyone find this odd that the paper is the "Detroit Auto News" and its basically showing that all of the Domestic cars were truthful and Asians were bad?  And most of the underperformers are 4cyl?

Sounds like media manipulation if you ask me.  Especially when Domestics are taking a s**t kicking in sales.

[right][snapback]133716[/snapback][/right]
Dude, I don't know where in Canada you are, but I'm originally from Windsor.

If there ever was an anti-domestic newspaper, it would be the Detroit News.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Aug 18 2005, 07:57 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2005, 06:42 AM Wrote:Doesn't anyone find this odd that the paper is the "Detroit Auto News" and its basically showing that all of the Domestic cars were truthful and Asians were bad?  And most of the underperformers are 4cyl?

Sounds like media manipulation if you ask me.  Especially when Domestics are taking a s**t kicking in sales.

[right][snapback]133716[/snapback][/right]
Dude, I don't know where in Canada you are, but I'm originally from Windsor.

If there ever was an anti-domestic newspaper, it would be the Detroit News.
[right][snapback]133719[/snapback][/right]

Detroit News anti-domestic??? Don't you mean anti-import? BTW I'm in North Bay...

Edit: I just browsed through some of the newer headlines in their auto section and most seem to favor Domestics over Imports.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I know Hyundai got into hot water with the release of the tibby.
Raine,Aug 18 2005, 06:34 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]133703[/snapback][/right]

meh that's nothing a few stickers won't fix.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
the mazda was the big one... when they first came out touting 237 WHP or something like that, but delivered under 200WHP .. and it being attributed to the car always running in 'safe mode'
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:Detroit News anti-domestic??? Don't you mean anti-import?  BTW I'm in North Bay...

Edit:  I just browsed through some of the newer headlines in their auto section and most seem to favor Domestics over Imports.
[right][snapback]133723[/snapback][/right]
No, I mean anti-domestic.

Articles have only been favorable lately because domestics have gotten better (relatively).

Wasn't a year ago when Bill Ford couldn't fart without getting crucified.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Well I think it's about time some one did this type of article, I mean it's like the old style of how car manufactures are quoting higher gas milage with newer cars and reality was that was only simulated, and not real world at all when quoting gas mileage.

Hp aside, I think it will be taking a bit of wind out of a few ricers sails when trying to talk about Hp in their cars.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
OAC_Sparky,Aug 18 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 18 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:Detroit News anti-domestic??? Don't you mean anti-import?  BTW I'm in North Bay...

Edit:  I just browsed through some of the newer headlines in their auto section and most seem to favor Domestics over Imports.
[right][snapback]133723[/snapback][/right]
No, I mean anti-domestic.

Articles have only been favorable lately because domestics have gotten better (relatively).

Wasn't a year ago when Bill Ford couldn't fart without getting crucified.
[right][snapback]133753[/snapback][/right]

Here Here, the detroit news is a bunch of anto domestic morons. What is it everyday on blueoval there is a new detroit news article where thier dissing the domestics and praising the imports for just about everything. They would probably diss ford next week for a silver colour on the camry that looks better then the silver color on the fusion :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
ANTHONYD,Aug 18 2005, 01:37 PM Wrote:I know Hyundai got into hot water with the release of the tibby.
[right][snapback]133732[/snapback][/right]

What happened with the Tiburon?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Aug 18 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 18 2005, 01:37 PM Wrote:I know Hyundai got into hot water with the release of the tibby.
[right][snapback]133732[/snapback][/right]

What happened with the Tiburon?
[right][snapback]133844[/snapback][/right]
I was wondering the same thing
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
About two years ago Hyundai admitted all there vehicles had overated HP estimates. I believe for teh Tiburon the manufacturers estimate was 15-20HP more than it actually was. They gave owners a 'credit' for the mistake.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Aug 18 2005, 03:50 PM Wrote:About two years ago Hyundai admitted all there vehicles  had overated HP estimates. I believe for teh Tiburon the manufacturers estimate was 15-20HP more than it actually was. They gave owners a 'credit' for the mistake.
[right][snapback]133848[/snapback][/right]
A credit.... like what? new lugnuts? :lol:
bigger windows? those are scary.
Dan