FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Noticed A Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
im getting a really strong vibration threw my gas pedal wheneveer im cruising.
has anyone ever experienced this beforeor have any suggestions of the possible cause?
the virbation changes depending on the rpms too
Possible problem with the engine. Is it a ruff idle or anything other then that.
idle is pretty good, drops a little low sometimes, but hen bounces back up.

its only got 40000 km and the warranty just expired 2 weeks ago
DPFE?
Well ok. Is it just the gas peddle or does the steering wheel, Break peddle, Shifter, Or anything eles you use connected to the engine vibrate.

Hmmm I had the same issue with my car. What was happening was the Intake was rubbing against my strut tower bar.

I wonder if it could also be bad motor mounts...

Nonetheless, it could be DPFE, EGR, etc...
DPFE???? what the hell is with all the acronyms around this place. IIRC, DPFE...BARGH!!!!...ok. I am done

Anywho. Does it vibrate at idle? Do you smell anything, hear anything when the vibrations occure. Is your car a 5spd or Automatic?
havent really noticed anything else vibrating as abd as the gas pedal, the car does seem a little shorter on power too.

my intake has by stuck against my strut since i installed them 2 months ago

how would i check to see if its the dpfe?
no noise, no smell and havent notice it on idle,

now that i think about it, last week when i was drving with the a/c on(hardly ever do) the engine would bog down from like 2000 rpms all the way to close to idle from a dead stop(dpfe symptons??) or woudl it just be becuase i had 4 people in the car and the a/c on?
Maybe then. But It shouldnt still be doing it if thats the case. No check engine light im assuming... Dunno. Check to make sure everything for the gas peddle is tight. Something might have come loose.
its been so long since i've dealt with a faulty DPFE sensor. so i'll wait for one of the pros to chime in

anthony? 2001zts?
Doesn't DPFE generally throw a CEL?
I do beleive so. Its not gonna be a sensor issue from the sounds of it. No Cel.
That is not the DPFE.

Symptoms from a shot DPFE re those of a "chugging" engine and poor gas mileage.

I'm guessing something is loose.

You might want to have that looked at.

The gas pedal is something you don;t want to find out you have problems with at the wrong time.
im gonna make an appointment to brign it in probly tomorrow or wednesday.

how bad does the dpfe kill the gas mileage?
ZX5focused,Aug 8 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:im gonna make an appointment to brign it in probly tomorrow or wednesday.

how bad does the dpfe kill the gas mileage?
[right][snapback]129229[/snapback][/right]

pretty bad.

you'd notice.
ZX5focused,Aug 8 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:my intake has by  stuck against my strut since i installed them 2 months ago
[right][snapback]129182[/snapback][/right]

Okay engrish here...

Do you mean "My intake has been stuck against my strut tower bar since I installed them 2 months ago" ?

If that's so, make sure you get some clearance between the two. I had it rubbing and it was making some problems, but now that I have a 1/2" clearance, it makes all the difference in the world.
ZX5focused,Aug 8 2005, 08:40 AM Wrote:idle is pretty good, drops a little low sometimes, but hen bounces back up.

[right][snapback]129171[/snapback][/right]

GO FIGURE EH!!!
Slimsride,Aug 8 2005, 12:10 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Aug 8 2005, 08:40 AM Wrote:idle is pretty good, drops a little low sometimes, but hen bounces back up.

[right][snapback]129171[/snapback][/right]

GO FIGURE EH!!!
[right][snapback]129272[/snapback][/right]

They have agrace period.

Get it in there....they'll fix it!!!!
Your warranty is only up to 40K

??

Is this common for others...mine has always been 60K...and no..I dont do the extended s**t either!!?@?

40K doesnt seem like very much
Pages: 1 2