Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noticed A Problem
im getting a really strong vibration threw my gas pedal wheneveer im cruising.
has anyone ever experienced this beforeor have any suggestions of the possible cause?
the virbation changes depending on the rpms too
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Possible problem with the engine. Is it a ruff idle or anything other then that.
2000 ZX3
idle is pretty good, drops a little low sometimes, but hen bounces back up.

its only got 40000 km and the warranty just expired 2 weeks ago

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
DPFE?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Well ok. Is it just the gas peddle or does the steering wheel, Break peddle, Shifter, Or anything eles you use connected to the engine vibrate.

2000 ZX3
Hmmm I had the same issue with my car. What was happening was the Intake was rubbing against my strut tower bar.

I wonder if it could also be bad motor mounts...

Nonetheless, it could be DPFE, EGR, etc...
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
DPFE???? what the hell is with all the acronyms around this place. IIRC, DPFE...BARGH!!!!...ok. I am done

Anywho. Does it vibrate at idle? Do you smell anything, hear anything when the vibrations occure. Is your car a 5spd or Automatic?
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
havent really noticed anything else vibrating as abd as the gas pedal, the car does seem a little shorter on power too.

my intake has by stuck against my strut since i installed them 2 months ago

how would i check to see if its the dpfe?

no noise, no smell and havent notice it on idle,

now that i think about it, last week when i was drving with the a/c on(hardly ever do) the engine would bog down from like 2000 rpms all the way to close to idle from a dead stop(dpfe symptons??) or woudl it just be becuase i had 4 people in the car and the a/c on?

Maybe then. But It shouldnt still be doing it if thats the case. No check engine light im assuming... Dunno. Check to make sure everything for the gas peddle is tight. Something might have come loose.
2000 ZX3
its been so long since i've dealt with a faulty DPFE sensor. so i'll wait for one of the pros to chime in

anthony? 2001zts?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Doesn't DPFE generally throw a CEL?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I do beleive so. Its not gonna be a sensor issue from the sounds of it. No Cel.
2000 ZX3
That is not the DPFE.

Symptoms from a shot DPFE re those of a "chugging" engine and poor gas mileage.

I'm guessing something is loose.

You might want to have that looked at.

The gas pedal is something you don;t want to find out you have problems with at the wrong time.
im gonna make an appointment to brign it in probly tomorrow or wednesday.

how bad does the dpfe kill the gas mileage?

ZX5focused,Aug 8 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:im gonna make an appointment to brign it in probly tomorrow or wednesday.

how bad does the dpfe kill the gas mileage?
[right][snapback]129229[/snapback][/right]

pretty bad.

you'd notice.
ZX5focused,Aug 8 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:my intake has by  stuck against my strut since i installed them 2 months ago
[right][snapback]129182[/snapback][/right]

Okay engrish here...

Do you mean "My intake has been stuck against my strut tower bar since I installed them 2 months ago" ?

If that's so, make sure you get some clearance between the two. I had it rubbing and it was making some problems, but now that I have a 1/2" clearance, it makes all the difference in the world.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
ZX5focused,Aug 8 2005, 08:40 AM Wrote:idle is pretty good, drops a little low sometimes, but hen bounces back up.

[right][snapback]129171[/snapback][/right]

GO FIGURE EH!!!
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Aug 8 2005, 12:10 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Aug 8 2005, 08:40 AM Wrote:idle is pretty good, drops a little low sometimes, but hen bounces back up.

[right][snapback]129171[/snapback][/right]

GO FIGURE EH!!!
[right][snapback]129272[/snapback][/right]

They have agrace period.

Get it in there....they'll fix it!!!!
Your warranty is only up to 40K

??

Is this common for others...mine has always been 60K...and no..I dont do the extended s**t either!!?@?

40K doesnt seem like very much