FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dyno Day Has To Be Rescheduled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Dyno Day Canceled

While completing the final installation of our brand new Mustang Dyno… we ran into a major unforeseen problem.  The concrete base that the 9500lb monster anchors down to turned out to be unsuitable.  The dyno will have to be removed in order to correct the problem.

In a last minute and extremely disappointing decision, we’re forced to cancel our dyno day on Saturday.  We’re all very unhappy with the outcome and were trying desperately to have the problem resolved… in fact, if you called the shop today and found nobody answering it’s because we were frantically seeking every avenue to save the day.

We will be rescheduling the event for sure, and will have a date nailed down as soon as possible.  There will be an additional price break for that day given the cancellation.  We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for your travels.  We are truly disappointed and look forward to making it up to everyone.

Pat Arlia

:( Really really sorry guys, I was SO looking forward to hosting all of you. Hope you understand we'll be up and running asap and rescheduling with a sweet deal.

I'm still going to head up to the shop for the day if anyone is in the neigborhood and wants to stop by.

Carey
Sad to hear. Hope that concrete guy is sucking up the cost of the botched work.
wow..that must suck!
bummer..............next time
Oh boy... Well at least I won't show up in steelies for it when it's on again.

Plus it gives me some time to get the UDP installed. :lol:
This really F'n SUX!!!

I will be refunding ppl who made pre-payments....

:( :( :( :(

Wow, that sucks. I was looking forward to the Dyno Day and hot-lapping, uh I mean cruising in Carey's SVT Focus :D

We might still drop by as we have other arrangements for Friday night and Sunday anyways.
baaaahhh.... :angry:
:(

Ah well, we'll still get to see some numbers from out west.

Plus an additional discount at a later date, maybe I can get in on that. :lol:
dang, this sucks big time, i even took work off for this event. :angry: oh well, it musta been that contractor that laid the concrete didn't wait 28days for the cure period for the concrete to hold it's shape properly, i guess that's where the rushing the job gets you. sorry to hear pat hope everything works out better the second time around.
Ah crap :censored2: there goes my plans for this weekend. Guess it can't be helped but I'll organize a flaming torch & pitchfork rally to the home of the dingaling who laid the concrete improperly <_<

What is it about laying concrete that seems to stump so many people? :wtf:

NefCanuck
(This day just keeps getting better and better... I wanna go back to bed and its only 10:30AM)
NefCanuck,Aug 5 2005, 10:31 AM Wrote:What is it about laying concrete that seems to stump so many people?  :wtf:

Tell me about it... we've put a man on the moon for crying out loud... concrete is not rocket science :rolleyes:

Thanks for your support guys. Please let anyone you know who was planning to attend in case some of them miss this thread.

Carey
BrooksZX3,Aug 5 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 5 2005, 10:31 AM Wrote:What is it about laying concrete that seems to stump so many people?  :wtf:

Tell me about it... we've put a man on the moon for crying out loud... concrete is not rocket science :rolleyes:

Thanks for your support guys. Please let anyone you know who was planning to attend in case some of them miss this thread.

Carey
[right][snapback]128416[/snapback][/right]

Well it ain't simple either. You have to have the right mix of dry mix powder, gravel (if needed), rebar, water, reinforcing steel, anchors. It ain't easy holding up 10000lbs of equipment and cars pushing lots of HP.

edit: When I told NOS this morning, he didn't believe me. Shoulda bet him $100.00.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 5 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:
BrooksZX3,Aug 5 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:

Carey
[right][snapback]128416[/snapback][/right]

Well it ain't simple either. You have to have the right mix of dry mix powder, gravel (if needed), rebar, water, reinforcing steel, anchors. It ain't easy holding up 10000lbs of equipment and cars pushing lots of HP.

edit: When I told NOS this morning, he didn't believe me. Shoulda bet him $100.00.
[right][snapback]128420[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but I'm sure they didn't hire some yokel whose concrete making experience soley consisted of pouring foundations for backyard patios either :P

The only possible excuse the contractor might have had was if he was restricted from watering the slab properly because of water restrictions. Concrete for optimal strength has to dry slowly, if it dries too fast it can become brittle and be therefore unsuitable. (The joys of a father that was in the construction trade, he knows all the ins and outs and won't stop talking about them either :rolleyes: )

NefCanuck
well that sucks..........................but i had to cancell anyways so i guess it kinda works out for me.............hopefully we can get it going again soon though!!
I was actually planning on stopping by ... serves me right.. maybe I will concentrate on my gauges instead.

too bad the rest of august is pretty much booked.
I feel horrible for everyone who was going!
But hopefully next time will be a go.
Wow, luckily I made one last effort to get to the forums, firefox kept giving me web address could not be found message and I was about to go to bed, if not....well i'd be making a long drive for no reason lol

Sorry to hear about the materials problem, hopefully it will get repaired properly so there are no future events such as this...

Oh and nefcanuck, I know how you feel....my dad owns his own home restoration business so once he gets started talking about process or materials, he just wont stop lol
So the whole day is a wash then ??

or is there still going to be a mini car show there with those showing up umm randomly ?
Hmm...if they rescedule...I should be able to attend, now that I'm back in Canada, and am coming home on the 10th...saweet.. :)
Pages: 1 2