FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ka Boom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What a way to start a day, going to work was just in the parkade looking for a parking spot and blaamo some guy hit me coming up the ramp, cops said he failed to yield to the right of way, still waiting to hear back from the insurance company. Here's some pics of my car in the mean time.

[Image: crash3.jpg]

[Image: crash1.jpg]

[Image: crash2.jpg]
Just be happy you dont live in ontario (for insurance purposes)
OMG. At least you're ok.

And I noticed you're folding finally! yay! two cookies for you!

Seriously, at least you're ok. Did you get checked out yet? If I were you, I would right away.

And yeah, private property accidents benefit noone in Ontario, trust me. That's my last blemish - a 6.75 year old parking lot accident, identical scenario.

The only difference being that my truck pretzeled the lights and grille of some POS 1985 Accord, and my truck got a tiny scratch on the bumper corner, as well as a scuff on the rear quarter panel behind the rear axle. I figure it's still costing me 200/year or more. Next renewal will tell the tale.
man that sucks!!
i hate when its totally the other persons fault and especially when its completely their fault!! happend to me in my dads car last year, i almost hit the b*tch for not looking and jsut pulling out in front of me!

should be 100% his fault if he failed to yield and you werent speeding (im assuming you were creeping around??)
ZX5focused,Aug 4 2005, 12:25 PM Wrote:man that sucks!!
i hate when its totally the other persons fault and especially when its completely their fault!! happend to me in my dads car last year, i almost hit the b*tch for not looking and jsut pulling out in front of me!

should be 100% his fault if he failed to yield and you werent speeding (im assuming you were creeping around??)
[right][snapback]128037[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't say I was creeping, prolly execeddin the 10km/hr posted in the parkade, but based on the cav that the other guy was driving so was he, his car is T/L 92 cav, lost all rad fluid and his front bumper is like way fu**ed up, he had to get his towed. I seem fine right now I left work just to "edgy" right now to be at work. my nerves are all on end.
WOW, sorry for you luck, that dude pasted you good, thats some noice damage
:blink: Wow good to hear that you're okay but geez that's quite the crease for a parking lot ding. Either the fool was going at a good clip or the Focus is as bad at side impacts as the IIHS says it is...

NefCanuck
Yowza!

I hope it didn't twist the car.
You wanted to sell it anyway right? Maybe it's a sign.
This won't be a TL but would be so nice I have full replacement cost with my insurance so I'd just get a brand new car again. But SGI phoned me to setup an appointment to have the car appraised so it looks like I bring it in tommorow after work, and from wat I told them they are saying it's the other persons fault and I won't be paying a deductible, which woulda only been 200$ anyways.
SVT ZX3,Aug 4 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:You wanted to sell it anyway right? Maybe it's a sign.
[right][snapback]128077[/snapback][/right]
I had no intentions on selling I just got the car in april :unsure:
OMG. That is horrible. My good friend just got in a car accident and her car got written off... I hope everything works out. So sorry!
Here's some more pics of the door itself from the backside and the column, I donno if there's frame dmg yet.

[Image: crash5.jpg]
eek look at the metal just peeling away from the door
[Image: crash6.jpg]

[Image: crash7.jpg]
don't mind the water splash look, hasn't had a good wash in a little while.
Unfortunatly that looks fixable.......
hardk0re,Aug 4 2005, 01:52 PM Wrote:Unfortunatly that looks fixable.......
[right][snapback]128111[/snapback][/right]
yah to bad, cars are never the same afterwards. only issue I should have if not fixed correctly is the door closing properly least it's not the front end with a million and half things there.
Even if it wasn't fixable, SGI would fuke-yuu over in the end anyway. Horrible Horrible place to be in. Just be thankful you don't have any 'big' mods on your car or you'd be completely screwed.

I got hit this winter, 100% not my fault with a written letter from the driver that hit me and I got s**t on by SGI. Sad living in the prairies when you only have SGI to go to.

Good Luck......
I'd take SGI and their low rates over... anything ontario and their insane rates....
lol
i was quoted at 6800 on the damn kanetix site for the svt.
scoobasteve,Aug 4 2005, 04:07 PM Wrote:I'd take SGI and their low rates over... anything ontario and their insane rates....
lol
i was quoted at 6800 on  the damn kanetix site for the svt.
[right][snapback]128124[/snapback][/right]

lol, I love how you LOATHE ontario rates!
scoobasteve,Aug 4 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:I'd take SGI and their low rates over... anything ontario and their insane rates....
lol
i was quoted at 6800 on  the damn kanetix site for the svt.
[right][snapback]128124[/snapback][/right]

HOLY FAWK....6800 BUCKS? I know it's an SVT, but it's a FOCUS...man insurance companies are sponges....

i'm paying 1750 a year for mine....and i find that too high...6800 bucks *slaps forehead* "holy s**t"
Sorry to here about your accident Phantom.
We had good luck with SGI when Tyler totalled his 2000 ZX3 in Feb of this year. Got a check for a little over $14g. They even gave use money for the magnaflow plus we were able to take off all the mods and take it to get the stereo/alarm system out of the car.
Pages: 1 2