FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Air France Jet Skids Of Runaway At Pearson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone see this on cbc news, an air france jet skid of the runway and catches fire at pearson airport. It's going on now so if u havn't seen it check it out.
wow... thats messed up... apparently it just missed the 401 too.
says that pearson had trouble with it's lightning detection system due to lightning :lol: :rolleyes:
missed the 401 by couple hundred feet
ouch.. heard a little bit about it on CFNY on the way home... and cbc didn't have much on it other than "plane", "fire", "Pearson".. hope people were able to get out of it..

and as a selfish note.. was thinking in the back of my head "i'm glad i'm not going to Scarborough tonight, traffic is bad enough without a flaming jet next to it."

edited for photo:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/traveller...tures/loc37.jpg
yup, i hope everyone makes it out alright

aside from that... 407 for me tonight.
I'm watching it as I type....

291 passengers, pilot and co-pilot okay... still waiting for the news on the passengers.
And our airport had such a good record too :(
scary....=0(
thats crazy.... injured people walking to the 401. for medical attention
apparently 297 passengers on board... all survived.
My boss' girlfriend was at the airport when it all happened...

She called him and was giving us minute-by-minute info...

Also, we made front page and Breaking News on CNN, BBC, and CTV
I just talked to my dad. apparently he was stopped on the 401 a few minutes after it happened.
ANTHONYD,Aug 2 2005, 05:40 PM Wrote:And our airport had such a good record too :(
[right][snapback]127246[/snapback][/right]

I don't think this one can be blamed on any one thing just yet... Too many things going on at the same time to pinpoint fault without a proper investigation...

Frightening thought that the reaction from the airport was so slow that the passengers made it all the way to the 401 flagging down cars looking for help :blink:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 2 2005, 07:05 PM Wrote:Frightening thought that the reaction from the airport was so slow that the passengers made it all the way to the 401 flagging down cars looking for help  :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]127264[/snapback][/right]

I heard that on the radio on the way home that people were running to the highway waving cars down!!!
microbunny,Aug 2 2005, 07:13 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 2 2005, 07:05 PM Wrote:Frightening thought that the reaction from the airport was so slow that the passengers made it all the way to the 401 flagging down cars looking for help  :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]127264[/snapback][/right]

I heard that on the radio on the way home that people were running to the highway waving cars down!!!
[right][snapback]127267[/snapback][/right]

If it was in the states people be honking the horn giving them the finger since they were close to the road :lol: It's great to see everyone survived :D

to think to when were were driving way up on hurontario this weekend into brampton and planes were flying overhead so close to everything and mentioned to my dad and uncle what a disater it would be if a plan never made it in and crashed since everything is so close :blink:
There is that distinct burnt electrical smell in the air and I'm way over in East York.
2001 ZTS,Aug 2 2005, 07:53 PM Wrote:mmmm... that distinct burnt electrical smell in the air ...I love it, reminds me of this place I torched in East York.
[right][snapback]127290[/snapback][/right]

another disturbing quote from Andrew the firebug
A day in the life of a 14 year old girl. Don't ask me how I come across this stuff:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ptc555/867934.html
Pages: 1 2 3