FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Premium Gas For Regular Price.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yesterday I'm driving around doing crap after work and I stop in at 3 different gas stations and all are out of regular gas....being the super patient person I am I go to a 4th station and am astonished to find that they too are out of regular..

So, I go in and tell the lady this is the 4th station with no regular and I was like WTF? This doesnt happen...I need gas and I'm not paying 94.7 for Premium..I drive a ford focus and its just not happening..

To my amazment, without hesitation she says to me, go ahead and fill up and i'll charge you for regular price on the disabled pump ...86.9!!!

I got 43.89L of Premium and paid 86.9....It's still expensive but, I felt vindicated!!
microbunny,Jul 30 2005, 08:11 AM Wrote:So yesterday I'm driving around doing crap after work and I stop in at 3 different gas stations and all are out of regular gas....being the super patient person I am I go to a 4th station and am astonished to find that they too are out of regular..

So, I go in and tell the lady this is the 4th station with no regular and I was like WTF? This doesnt happen...I need gas and I'm not paying 94.7 for Premium..I drive a ford focus and its just not happening..

To my amazment, without hesitation she says to me, go ahead and fill up and i'll charge you for regular price on the disabled pump ...86.9!!!

I got 43.89L of Premium and paid 86.9....It's still expensive but, I felt vindicated!!
[right][snapback]126416[/snapback][/right]

Lucky bastard. Our regular here in North bay is like 95.0/L. 89 Oct is $1.04.
Always Premium! It's 98.4 here in Edmonton but I always fill up at Esso and I don't care how much it is the car gets better gas mileage with premium gas! ;)
Can you harm your engine by going back and forth between regular and premium???? I had to gas up today and it was 94.4 for regular, but at least I got CDN tire and Sobeys Money....

1.079 for 91 here, when I feel some extra cahnge kicking around its 94 @ 1.109. Horsepower hurts the wallet constantly, I don't even like to look at regular gas prices even when they are high they seem cheap now. Now if only I could score the premium at regular prices I'd be happy.
On the news the other day, they were talking about how premium gas sales have dropped HUGE. Just becuase it so expensive, with the rising gas prices. I think this will be happening more often then we think.
Funny thing is in Ireland and England, the regular grade is 95 octane...

Last night I filled up on regular (87) for 81.4
you really don't need 91 octane in your car, doesn't really do much unless you have FI or high compression motor.

next time you fill up your focus, think about the people with an SVT. It will make you feel a lot better about yourself.
i think there are different methods of rating the octane in gas.. i vaguely remember something about RON, MON and R+M/2 methods.. and gas in europe doesnt' necessarily have more octane than over here, its just rated differently

Well i work at a gas pump(yea go ahead and laugh) and all we sell is regular and de! any ways it seems kinda strange these prices are going up so hight, since saskatchewan is full i mean full of oil , it's just are goverment charges so much for companys to pump are oil an s**t. so mm and the after US hoped over to packy stan or wat ever they took over alot of oil spots there, u would think gass would be cheaper ?, i remember like at least 1-2 years ago gas eas at least 70cents for regular? am crazy ? like am going to go broke soon !.
didnt the sask goverment make 300 million more then expected off gas and oil?? i thought i saw that on the news the other night.
? mm well i don't watch the news, at least not CNN nancy grace makes me to angry :P

But if saskatchewan is loosening their belt a bit, maybe are gas price will start to lower?
That would be a nice change.
100% of the time, when gas stations run out of regular, they give you silver or premium at the same price as regular.

happens all the time.
Was this in Burlytown, Paul?
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 30 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:Was this in Burlytown, Paul?
[right][snapback]126501[/snapback][/right]

NO

g-town
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 30 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:100% of the time, when gas stations run out of regular, they give you silver or premium at the same price as regular.

happens all the time.
[right][snapback]126496[/snapback][/right]
Exactly!
microbunny,Jul 30 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 30 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:Was this in Burlytown, Paul?
[right][snapback]126501[/snapback][/right]

NO

g-town
[right][snapback]126528[/snapback][/right]

I was going to say... if that was in Burlytown, I'd be shocked!
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 30 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:100% of the time, when gas stations run out of regular, they give you silver or premium at the same price as regular.

happens all the time.

You must be the luckiest person ever then, cause I've never had this happen and I doubt very highly that your assumtion is correct but, whatever...
microbunny,Jul 31 2005, 08:41 AM Wrote:

happens all the time.

You must be the luckiest person ever then, cause I've never had this happen and I doubt very highly that your assumtion is correct but, whatever...
[right][snapback]126546[/snapback][/right]

jsut come out of that rock you live under and you too can see this :lol:
DD1,Jul 31 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Jul 31 2005, 08:41 AM Wrote:

happens all the time.

[right][snapback]126546[/snapback][/right]

jsut come out of that rock you live under and you too can see this :lol:
[right][snapback]126552[/snapback][/right]

I'm never had this special deal happen to me before, I guess you guys got madd hookups// :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2