Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premium Gas For Regular Price.
So yesterday I'm driving around doing crap after work and I stop in at 3 different gas stations and all are out of regular gas....being the super patient person I am I go to a 4th station and am astonished to find that they too are out of regular..

So, I go in and tell the lady this is the 4th station with no regular and I was like WTF? This doesnt happen...I need gas and I'm not paying 94.7 for Premium..I drive a ford focus and its just not happening..

To my amazment, without hesitation she says to me, go ahead and fill up and i'll charge you for regular price on the disabled pump ...86.9!!!

I got 43.89L of Premium and paid 86.9....It's still expensive but, I felt vindicated!!
microbunny,Jul 30 2005, 08:11 AM Wrote:So yesterday I'm driving around doing crap after work and I stop in at 3 different gas stations and all are out of regular gas....being the super patient person I am I go to a 4th station and am astonished to find that they too are out of regular..

So, I go in and tell the lady this is the 4th station with no regular and I was like WTF? This doesnt happen...I need gas and I'm not paying 94.7 for Premium..I drive a ford focus and its just not happening..

To my amazment, without hesitation she says to me, go ahead and fill up and i'll charge you for regular price on the disabled pump ...86.9!!!

I got 43.89L of Premium and paid 86.9....It's still expensive but, I felt vindicated!!
[right][snapback]126416[/snapback][/right]

Lucky bastard. Our regular here in North bay is like 95.0/L. 89 Oct is $1.04.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Always Premium! It's 98.4 here in Edmonton but I always fill up at Esso and I don't care how much it is the car gets better gas mileage with premium gas! ;)
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
Can you harm your engine by going back and forth between regular and premium???? I had to gas up today and it was 94.4 for regular, but at least I got CDN tire and Sobeys Money....

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
1.079 for 91 here, when I feel some extra cahnge kicking around its 94 @ 1.109. Horsepower hurts the wallet constantly, I don't even like to look at regular gas prices even when they are high they seem cheap now. Now if only I could score the premium at regular prices I'd be happy.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
On the news the other day, they were talking about how premium gas sales have dropped HUGE. Just becuase it so expensive, with the rising gas prices. I think this will be happening more often then we think.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Funny thing is in Ireland and England, the regular grade is 95 octane...

Last night I filled up on regular (87) for 81.4
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
you really don't need 91 octane in your car, doesn't really do much unless you have FI or high compression motor.

next time you fill up your focus, think about the people with an SVT. It will make you feel a lot better about yourself.
'03 Focus SVT
i think there are different methods of rating the octane in gas.. i vaguely remember something about RON, MON and R+M/2 methods.. and gas in europe doesnt' necessarily have more octane than over here, its just rated differently

Well i work at a gas pump(yea go ahead and laugh) and all we sell is regular and de! any ways it seems kinda strange these prices are going up so hight, since saskatchewan is full i mean full of oil , it's just are goverment charges so much for companys to pump are oil an s**t. so mm and the after US hoped over to packy stan or wat ever they took over alot of oil spots there, u would think gass would be cheaper ?, i remember like at least 1-2 years ago gas eas at least 70cents for regular? am crazy ? like am going to go broke soon !.
Save points are for quiters
didnt the sask goverment make 300 million more then expected off gas and oil?? i thought i saw that on the news the other night.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
? mm well i don't watch the news, at least not CNN nancy grace makes me to angry :P

But if saskatchewan is loosening their belt a bit, maybe are gas price will start to lower?
That would be a nice change.
Save points are for quiters
100% of the time, when gas stations run out of regular, they give you silver or premium at the same price as regular.

happens all the time.
Was this in Burlytown, Paul?
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 30 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:Was this in Burlytown, Paul?
[right][snapback]126501[/snapback][/right]

NO

g-town
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 30 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:100% of the time, when gas stations run out of regular, they give you silver or premium at the same price as regular.

happens all the time.
[right][snapback]126496[/snapback][/right]
Exactly!
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
microbunny,Jul 30 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 30 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:Was this in Burlytown, Paul?
[right][snapback]126501[/snapback][/right]

NO

g-town
[right][snapback]126528[/snapback][/right]

I was going to say... if that was in Burlytown, I'd be shocked!
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 30 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:100% of the time, when gas stations run out of regular, they give you silver or premium at the same price as regular.

happens all the time.

You must be the luckiest person ever then, cause I've never had this happen and I doubt very highly that your assumtion is correct but, whatever...
microbunny,Jul 31 2005, 08:41 AM Wrote:

happens all the time.

You must be the luckiest person ever then, cause I've never had this happen and I doubt very highly that your assumtion is correct but, whatever...
[right][snapback]126546[/snapback][/right]

jsut come out of that rock you live under and you too can see this :lol:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Jul 31 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Jul 31 2005, 08:41 AM Wrote:

happens all the time.

[right][snapback]126546[/snapback][/right]

jsut come out of that rock you live under and you too can see this :lol:
[right][snapback]126552[/snapback][/right]

I'm never had this special deal happen to me before, I guess you guys got madd hookups// :rolleyes:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gap Between Premium & Regular Gas NefCanuck 13 4,331 05-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck