FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt In The Shop......again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay , picked up the car about a half hour ago, get half way home and the dam light comes on again.
:wtf:
Going back tomorrow.
i have 75k, they changed my entire intake manifold, reflashed the pcm, changed the master cylinder, relay for wiper switch, and relocated the horn. my clutch is starting to rattle because of the great design of the dual-mass flywheel and now my rear wiper doesn't work. your car won't have the clutch problem because ford upgraded the parts in '03.

its been a great car, i don't and won't complain.
its really weird how the same car can be so damn troubled...i meet 2 guys both SVT's were lemons :ph34r: ...and mine so far almost nothing...then yours with the freaky CEL... :blink: ....damn....

also I dont complain & never going to...
I love the damn troublemaker..

Good luck with it.!!
Lot's of good and bad stories about these cars on svtoa.com. One guys car spent so much time in the shop that he went to arbitration and Ford had to buy it back under some lemon law in the states. Some problems like a check engine light I can handle, but needing a new clutch or having to replace the entire intake housing would suck. At least it has powertrain warranty for 5yrs/100,000km. The only problem I had so far was an upolstry issue with the passenger side seat, and I got a new cover under warranty and my dealer let me keep the original as a spare, so I really can't complain.
God.

Way too many problems.
Got it back today....apparently they forgot to clear the codes. No light on the drive home. Hopefully it will stay that way.
Good luck with the sleep depressing light..!! aka CEL..!
svt_rodg,Jul 22 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:i have 75k, they changed my entire intake manifold, reflashed the pcm, changed the master cylinder, relay for wiper switch, and relocated the horn.  my clutch is starting to rattle because of the great design of the dual-mass flywheel and now my rear wiper doesn't work.  your car won't have the clutch problem because ford upgraded the parts in '03.

its been a great car, i don't and won't complain.
[right][snapback]124340[/snapback][/right]

wow.. you've got some serious love for your machine
could be worse.....

we could all be driving DSMs LOL
ZX3TUNR,Jul 24 2005, 04:25 PM Wrote:could be worse.....

[right][snapback]124761[/snapback][/right]

That our cavalier's, would yah all rather have cavalier's :lol: seriously :lol:
ZX3TUNR,Jul 24 2005, 08:25 PM Wrote:could be worse.....

[right][snapback]124761[/snapback][/right]

and then we'd all have turbo motors able to handle tons of power plus awd? oh that's so terrible :blink:
huh?

powertrain warranty for 5/100,000km... where does it say that?
Yes it is back at the dealer as of last nite. Same problem. They think there may be something wrong with the main system of the car.
The car runs good and everything.
The light came on after only 5 minutes of driving. I want them to change the O2 senor and see if that helps.
Hopefully I get it back today. They were out of loaner which I wassn't inpressed with. :angry:
scoobasteve,Jul 25 2005, 05:08 PM Wrote:huh?

[right][snapback]125061[/snapback][/right]

Umm, the double sided SVTF brochure, and the owners manuel, I think they started that for the '03 model year.
NO WAY... i must check mine tonight! that would be awesome.
scoobasteve,Jul 27 2005, 04:41 PM Wrote:NO WAY... i must check mine tonight! that would be awesome.
[right][snapback]125826[/snapback][/right]

Let me know if you can't find it, I'll send you copies of what I have if you ever need it.
Okay service advisors phone me this afternoon and ask if I could bring the stock air box so they could try that it and see if the light come on again.
No word on it yet but I did tell them I had no problem with my Short Air Ram. It is a good thing I kept it along with the TB. But I just can't see that being the problem.
Also had to wait to send it there until Tyler got home from school, as I don't have a my car.
"The engine light only means emissions, you can drive it, its only the emissions"

as my mechanic would say
crazikev,Jul 27 2005, 08:17 PM Wrote:"The engine light only means emissions, you can drive it, its only the emissions"

as my mechanic would say
[right][snapback]125883[/snapback][/right]

I know I can drive with the light on but it is a torn in my side because it is on.

I didn't get it back today either. I have to call in the morning to see if they figure anything out.
Atleast they are a mod friendly dealer. :)
SVT ZX3,Jul 27 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jul 25 2005, 05:08 PM Wrote:huh?

[right][snapback]125061[/snapback][/right]

Umm, the double sided SVTF brochure, and the owners manuel, I think they started that for the '03 model year.
[right][snapback]125825[/snapback][/right]
It started with the '02 SVTF
Pages: 1 2 3