FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So, I Suck At The Track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
haha, well I guess not bad for a 1st timer. :)

I need to improve on my reaction a lot. I just wanted to get into the 14's and I would have been happy.

1st run, I stage, the guy tells me to roll up my window, (it was 3/4 up) and I totally miss the light :blink: :rolleyes:

[Image: DSCF1549.jpg]

2nd run, I miss 3rd gear not once, but twice. I couldnt beleive it. So ashamed of myself. :lol: :P The only run I have on video is this one :rolleyes:

[Image: DSCF1548.jpg]

3rd, I finally got into the 14's. Again, very shitty RT. Hopefully with some cooler weather (It was 34 with humidity :blink: ) and some improvement on my reaction time, I can see low 14's high 13's times.

[Image: DSCF1546.jpg]

First time racing at the track and gotta say, I can't wait to go back!

[Image: DSCF1539.jpg]
Not a bad time your last one. Nice job!
Are u totally stoned in that last picture lol...jk or am i, ur RT are so high id use that excuse... :P
I was at the track from 4 to 7:30pm then I left before the storm,your reaction time does not affect your ET ,only when racing someone else.Your 60ft is the problem 2.6 , 2.5 but I know its hard to lower that number on street tires. B)
that not that bad. just need work on your RT.

first time i went drag racing, i just about stalled off the line and missed 3rd gear and went into 5th in the same run.
Not bad at all for the first time. My first time at the track I think I got like 16.4 or something in my autotragic focus....

Coolsvt is right. Reaction time does not affect your et. If you're not in an elimination race then take your time at the line. get your 60foot lower. don't even think about reaction time. the clock doesn't start until you move. I see a low 14 or high 13 in that car if you can get the 60' down by .5 sec.
for ever 1/10 better off the line ='s aboot 2 thenths at the end of the track so if your 60' was a 2.4 and you ran a 14.0 then if your 60' was a 2.3 you should run a 13.8

not bad for your first time with those time I will for sure race you :P and even give youa second :lol:
you need to slip the clutch ALOT in my car I have too and the best 60' on street tires has been a 2.1 <_< was it really humid up there yesterday I would of thought your MPH to be a bit higher <_< anyhow I bet your hooked now good job

Donald
Lol Why are you complaining. I run like high 16's low to mid 17's.
Mason,Jul 17 2005, 10:05 AM Wrote:Lol Why are you complaining. I run like high 16's low to mid 17's.
[right][snapback]123017[/snapback][/right]

Its Jay man. Hes gotten all this stuff in my head. lol.

"If your car puts down under 200Hp, it sucks"

"If you run anything over 14, it sucks"

I called him last night to tell him about my times.

"You suck at the track"

LOL

Quote:you need to slip the clutch ALOT in my car I have too and the best 60' on street tires has been a 2.1  was it really humid up there yesterday I would of thought your MPH to be a bit higher  anyhow I bet your hooked now good job

Yeah 34 with humidity here yesterday, the weather network says it was close to 40 with the humidity <_< . The Khumos just wont stick...lol.....about 1/2 threw 3rd gear I'll hook up. If it wasnt for the rain I wuld have gotten some more runs in to practice. But yeah, I'm so hooked.

The stock SRT's were running low 14's. There was a Stage 2 one running mid 13's consistently. :huh:
to get good times I had to bounce first on the rev limiter a few times then shift into second, that made a big difference. but I Was running on slicks and they were a little smaller diameter then stock.

Yeah, you're RT doesn't make a difference, work on the 60' and you'll be good.

Also, not sure how you shift...but I would put pressure on the shifter then just kick the clutch (obviously let off the throttle at the same time) but say you're in first, I would slightly have pressure downwards towards second, when time to shift, kick clutch and it goes right into second, then set up for third etc.
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 17 2005, 04:13 PM Wrote:to get good times I had to bounce first on the rev limiter a few times then shift into second, that made a big difference. but I Was running on slicks and they were a little smaller diameter then stock.

Yeah, you're RT doesn't make a difference, work on the 60' and you'll be good.

Also, not sure how you shift...but I would put pressure on the shifter then just kick the clutch (obviously let off the throttle at the same time) but say you're in first, I would slightly have pressure downwards towards second, when time to shift, kick clutch and it goes right into second, then set up for third etc.
[right][snapback]123042[/snapback][/right]

what do you knwo you drive a AUtOTragic GTP :lol:
Jay you told me his car was fast??

:lol: :lol:
tdot-zx3,Jul 17 2005, 05: Wrote:Jay you told me his car was fast??

:lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]123051[/snapback][/right]

:P Asshole :lol:

I was going to get my freind thats been to the track many times to drive, just to see what he could pull with my car.

I'm really interested what the car would do with an experienced 1/4 driver. B)
how much PoWa are you putting down out of curiosity? maybe something sticker than kumhos would help (unless you were running victoracers?)
Well, that MPH seems like it should give you low 14's when hooking up.

With the 14b setup I had, which was SUPER ULTRA ghetto, i ran a 14.1 with 14" slicks that were WAY..WAY..WAY too small.

I'll try to find the slip and compare the MPH.
sorry buddy, i didn't get to go.. i was sure it was going to rain and i didn't want to drive all the way there for nothing (i have done so more than once before)

yeah those times are good.. well the last one hehe.. but even the other ones, you could see the mph would give you better times when you got it right.. im sure even after going, you could still get lower and lower..

i got a best of 15.3 when i went but i was running 5-6 psi.. other times were all 15.4 .. now my boost controller is screw up.. can't go over 7...

we'll have to go back sometime.. sorry again

drop those 60 feet times .. thats where you need to improve.. if it takes 2 second to react, thats fine if you can get the proper launch that your looking for ;)

good thing i wasn't there.. i would've lost :lol: kidding
Would taking it easy for 1st and 2nd help my 60ft time?

Or am I doing it right at just letting it scream until the tires hook, then go??

I want slicks. :blink:
I think you want the tires to hook up as soon as possible, so there is fine line between letting'er rip and being gentle. I think it's that balance that makes a good launch... I suck at launching
Pages: 1 2