FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Game On, Nhl Reaches Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well the nhl and nhlpa have finally reached a new cba, thank god i couldn't go another year without hockey :D
Good stuff.

But i think i've lost interest in hockey for now... damn nhl bastards!
Kool_ZX3,Jul 13 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:Well the nhl and nhlpa have finally reached a new cba, thank god i couldn't go another year without hockey  :D
[right][snapback]121777[/snapback][/right]

Bout dam time.

And the cost of tickets just went up I bet. Welcome back, cash cows - I mean fans!
Who cares, they're still overpaid whiners, maybe next april when the playoffs start i might care again, but until then i say bring on the CFL and NFL.
yeah i didnt even notice it was gone.

Plus i moved to a little place inbetwwen bum-fuk nowhere and You got a purdy mouth, called Saskatchewan...if i was in toronto i might care

2003svt

I'm glad the owners won this cuz no one who "PLAYS" for a living deserves the money they make!
Kool_ZX3,Jul 13 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:Well the nhl and nhlpa have finally reached a new cba, thank god i couldn't go another year without hockey  :D
[right][snapback]121777[/snapback][/right]
Its about Friggin time. I missed my hockey this year
Sooooooooo flippin' happy hockey is back!
Didn't really miss it that much, but it'll be awesome that its back!
Finally...now i can veg out on the couch every Saturday to watch hockey. My girl will love this.(shes not a big fan of watching hockey on tv)
Well that about time, although after the lockout I will never look at hockey the same or have the same passion for it unless it's international.
Glad its back, don't get me wrong (Those were some dark and cold nights in the winter last year lemme tell ya) but already getting the excuses from Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, saying things like "We'll have to become builders instead of buyers"

Goddamnit I want my dad to see a Stanley Cup parade in Toronto once more before he dies, NVM me <_<

NefCanuck
Since hockey has been gone, there has been a lot of people taking up Texas Holdem!!!

Wonder if it will still be as popular when hockey comes back?

Quote:I was litterally LOST, without hockey. It was like there was a part of me missing and i didn't know what was missing and couldn't find it. I would get excited during saturday afternoon, excited about something facinating that i wanted to watch, and couldn't miss, excited about 7 o'clock and when it got to 7, i was lost , what was i excited about why is there a movie on CBC what the h3ll is going on? where was this "thing" i wanted to watch, listen, cheer, be a part of??? Why can't find it. Thanks NHL, and NHLPA you b45I4rds, thanks for ruining my winter by making me lost you guys can rot in h3ll,

oh and Go Leafs Go, YAY hockey is back!!! Can't wait,
Go Jays Go 
This is good news to me. I just had an interview for part-time event security at the Air Canada Centre on Monday.
I'll be one of the few people here to say who cares. Really I never liked hockey, So to me being gone was a good thing because no one asked you randomly stupid questions about hockey like who do you think will win the stanly cup? Ottawa or Toronto ?

To my reply was, anyone but Toronto, they always blow it don't they ? so why care when they get far and blow it like always?
so the player's association went to rejecting a $45 million dollar salary cap and 5% paycut to accepting a 24% paycut and $30 million dollar salary cap?

AND IT TOOK THEM A YEAR TO DO IT?

I'm going to try to never watch hockey again, it's obviously a sport participated by absolute freakin' idiots.

unless I missed something of course...
I love hockey. I love playing more than I love watching it. I love the game, and I used to love the professionalism displayed on the ice.

Now, it's a bunch of immature babies who obviously never suffered after being off work for more than a year - and who want the fans to come bombing back so they can keep their high salaries regardless of some cuts.

You can't convince me that someone living at the base salary level and making ~$300,000 over 3 years is going to lose their house / car / hooker because they took a 24% pay cut. Same for the multi-million dollar guys.

Suck it up and buy something oh, I don't know... reasonable and realistic????? Morons.

I'll stick to lacing 'em up and cruising around the rink for the Nth time since I started playing. At least the guys I play with play for free, we all maintain the ice, and everyone pretty much gets along and plays for the love of the game.

I guess if nothing else I should be glad that "hockey came back" because now I have another reason to get off my ass and go outside during the winter. Otherwise, I'll be sitting on the couch and doing exactly what the overpaid meatheads and greed-driven team owners want me to do... support such a twisted sense of economy it's not even funny anymore.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 14 2005, 03:13 PM Wrote:I love hockey. I love playing more than I love watching it. I love the game, and I used to love the professionalism displayed on the ice.
[right][snapback]122245[/snapback][/right]

Right on. I use to play varsity high school, AA (does go to AAA) girls rep, AAA boys rep, and AAA girls/boys (summer hockey.) I love playing the game sooo much!
I'm a huge hockey fan.... And even I've lost interest.

I'd hate to see what it's done to people who are not as big a fan as I. :(
Pages: 1 2