FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Modifications To My Zx5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
turbo
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I appreciated it... it looks like tint, exhaust, new headlights, and some other things are popular.
I'm not driving to Newfieland with my car... no way in hell :D
Look Go with Window tint.
Then Stereo.
Then all the other crap. ;)
Vtec. add Vtec... or NOS!
Before September.... I'm getting...

A stereo
A spoiler
Window Tint
MAYBE rims (if my boy can get me a certain kind, cause he gets a discount) :D
GPS!!! i'm such a huge fan of it now after experiencing it in action
naz,Jul 12 2005, 10:16 PM Wrote:GPS!!! i'm such a huge fan of it now after experiencing it in action
[right][snapback]121620[/snapback][/right]

GPS is cool... GPS in a FRS is even cooler. Then you can bitch people out for being lost while knowing exactly where you are :D
Sorry Guys, I have NO idea what GPS is?
tweed interior!
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 13 2005, 01:37 AM Wrote:Sorry Guys, I have NO idea what GPS is?
[right][snapback]121659[/snapback][/right]

Lemme put on my geek hat for a sec here:

GPS - Global Positioning System (Satillite) uses satillies parked in orbit around the Earth to triangulate your position relative to your GPS sender unit. With the right mapping system you can find out where you are to the metre and depending on the model of GPS you buy can get turn by turn instructions for travel. (which I sure could have used at the BBQ, but I digress :lol: )

Hope that clears it up, if you need a more detailed explanation let me know.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 13 2005, 10:08 AM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Jul 13 2005, 01:37 AM Wrote:Sorry Guys, I have NO idea what GPS is?
[right][snapback]121659[/snapback][/right]

Lemme put on my geek hat for a sec here:

GPS - Global Positioning System (Satillite) uses satillies parked in orbit around the Earth to triangulate your position relative to your GPS sender unit. With the right mapping system you can find out where you are to the metre and depending on the model of GPS you buy can get turn by turn instructions for travel. (which I sure could have used at the BBQ, but I digress :lol: )

Hope that clears it up, if you need a more detailed explanation let me know.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]121712[/snapback][/right]

Thank you. That makes A LOT more sense. I got it, thanks for clearing that up! :D

2003svt

yah they look great, I've seen them up close nice 7 spokes with a machined lip!
redsvtfocus,Jul 8 2005, 02:38 AM Wrote:why dont you buy some nice 18' wheels that look like mine...

(I'll give them to you really cheap)..! ;)
[right][snapback]120183[/snapback][/right]
tdot-zx3,Jul 13 2005, 01: Wrote:tweed interior!
[right][snapback]121664[/snapback][/right]

I like that idea... ALOT! :lol:
LOL!!!
Personally i'd go with burlap instead.
Keep in mind SangriaRedZX5, When doing any upgrades you might void your warentee on your 2005 focus, so check with your warentee or your ford dealer to find out how far you can go without voiding your warentee.

I was told doing anything to your stereo could void ones warentee just for changing over the speakers.
Frost__2001,Jul 14 2005, 01:29 AM Wrote:Keep in mind SangriaRedZX5, When doing any upgrades you might void your warentee on your 2005 focus, so check with your warentee or your ford dealer to find out how far you can go without voiding your warentee.

I was told doing anything to your stereo could void ones warentee just for changing over the speakers.
[right][snapback]122067[/snapback][/right]

They would have to prove the speakers is what caused the piece going in for work failed, so the only think i could see is voiding the warranty on stereo peices only, but if the engine blew well the speakers couldn't cause that :D but knowing ford they would hassle yah about it :rolleyes:

Id go intake,exhaust,tint,silverstars,nightshade taillights and etc.. all the small stuff really counts :)
haha...technically i shouldnt have even lowered my 05' but i went to the dealer I work with for some inspection on my suspension and the guy was like, no problem, I dont see any modifications here,.....lowering springs, what lowering springs....hahahaha./..

corrupt hourly-Ford workers rule supreme!! :lol:
scoobasteve,Jul 13 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:

I like that idea... ALOT! :lol:
[right][snapback]121809[/snapback][/right]

With capatain chairs. :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 8 2005, 08:40 AM Wrote:I'd suggest a rubber upgrade for the wheels you have currently. The roads on the way to the coast reward a skilled driver with good rubber... but have a keen eye for those potholes! Just ask Oscar :rolleyes:

[right][snapback]120260[/snapback][/right]

Don't get me started on goddamn potholes. My car + my sister + pothole roads in New Brunswick = future suspension problems.

Seriously, I'd go with rims first if I were you. 16's or 17's preferred.
Pages: 1 2 3