FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Work Sucks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The call center stuff is really driving me crazy. So I asked for reduced hours. They gave me every friday off witch isnt bad. How ever im now going to be short 16 hours of $$. I could work construction on those days but thats pretty much just when they call me up. So what should I do. I got some options I been looking into.

- stay home and be a lazy ass work when i get called
- go find another job so I can work fridays and saturdays
- use the day off and take a course
- start working on my websites/computers more and get my business finally up and running

What you guys think.
you could always suck it up like I do till you find a better job :D.
Other than that I'd go with the take a course one.

But actually I'm thinking of applying at staples cuz I hate startek they keep discplining me cuz my talk time is really low, but yet I get 100% quality. First job I've ever had where when u do it right effeciently you get into s**t.
Definitely the last 2. You don't want to be stuck in a call center your whole life!
i say the last option jay
silver02svtf,Jun 25 2005, 06:58 PM Wrote:Definitely the last 2.  You don't want to be stuck in a call center your whole life!
[right][snapback]117367[/snapback][/right]

agreed...its gotta be one of those 2
education is always time well spent. You gotta figure that if you DON'T get an education or that UNTIL you get one, that you are going to be stuck doing exactly what you are doing now.

spinning your wheels saying work sucks.

so spend the lazy summer getting an education so you can get a better job just that much sooner so you can stop complaining sooner!

Each day you put off going to school or finishing your classes, means one more day you have to live your life the way it is without change.
good advice ZOOM.
yeah, work sucks, come on heart and stroke lottery!!!!!
ZOOM,Jun 25 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:education is always time well spent. You gotta figure that if you DON'T get an education or that UNTIL you get one, that you are going to be stuck doing exactly what you are doing now.

spinning your wheels saying work sucks.

so spend the lazy summer getting an education so you can get a better job just that much sooner so you can stop complaining sooner!

Each day you put off going to school or finishing your classes, means one more day you have to live your life the way it is without change.
[right][snapback]117373[/snapback][/right]

^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats why Im in school right now. Big deal one summer outta my life learning in school is going get me that much closer to getting that paper and getting out. Then when Im done I can have an amazing summer because I'll have more money to play with.
I was always told:

"study hard now, and live the rest of your life easily, or take the easy way out now, and pay the price for the rest of your life"
I agree with Tony. What about correspondence over the Internet and then work on the website / business at the same time?

As long as you budget your time efficiently, it'll work like a charm.
I cant wait to go back to school next year :D