Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work Sucks
The call center stuff is really driving me crazy. So I asked for reduced hours. They gave me every friday off witch isnt bad. How ever im now going to be short 16 hours of $$. I could work construction on those days but thats pretty much just when they call me up. So what should I do. I got some options I been looking into.

- stay home and be a lazy ass work when i get called
- go find another job so I can work fridays and saturdays
- use the day off and take a course
- start working on my websites/computers more and get my business finally up and running

What you guys think.
you could always suck it up like I do till you find a better job :D.
Other than that I'd go with the take a course one.

But actually I'm thinking of applying at staples cuz I hate startek they keep discplining me cuz my talk time is really low, but yet I get 100% quality. First job I've ever had where when u do it right effeciently you get into s**t.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Definitely the last 2. You don't want to be stuck in a call center your whole life!
i say the last option jay
silver02svtf,Jun 25 2005, 06:58 PM Wrote:Definitely the last 2.  You don't want to be stuck in a call center your whole life!
[right][snapback]117367[/snapback][/right]

agreed...its gotta be one of those 2
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
education is always time well spent. You gotta figure that if you DON'T get an education or that UNTIL you get one, that you are going to be stuck doing exactly what you are doing now.

spinning your wheels saying work sucks.

so spend the lazy summer getting an education so you can get a better job just that much sooner so you can stop complaining sooner!

Each day you put off going to school or finishing your classes, means one more day you have to live your life the way it is without change.
Run your car, not your mouth
good advice ZOOM.
'03 Focus SVT
yeah, work sucks, come on heart and stroke lottery!!!!!
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
ZOOM,Jun 25 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:education is always time well spent. You gotta figure that if you DON'T get an education or that UNTIL you get one, that you are going to be stuck doing exactly what you are doing now.

spinning your wheels saying work sucks.

so spend the lazy summer getting an education so you can get a better job just that much sooner so you can stop complaining sooner!

Each day you put off going to school or finishing your classes, means one more day you have to live your life the way it is without change.
[right][snapback]117373[/snapback][/right]

^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats why Im in school right now. Big deal one summer outta my life learning in school is going get me that much closer to getting that paper and getting out. Then when Im done I can have an amazing summer because I'll have more money to play with.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I was always told:

"study hard now, and live the rest of your life easily, or take the easy way out now, and pay the price for the rest of your life"
Run your car, not your mouth
I agree with Tony. What about correspondence over the Internet and then work on the website / business at the same time?

As long as you budget your time efficiently, it'll work like a charm.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I cant wait to go back to school next year :D
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold