FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Who Has Rust On Their Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just doing a checkup, 3-years later after buying my car, and no there is not any rust on it. There was a mishap with the chrome hatch handle, but that was taken care of over a year ago and is all fixed up. I have a lot of stone chips on my hood, right down to the metal, had a few of them since a few weeks after buying my car, and still no rust, the metal really held up well. What about anyone else? what are some rust prone areas of the focus we have to be carefull of?
No rust on the svt yet... Probably soon though.

My buddys 01 wagon has a bit of surface rust develloping on the inside of the rear doors.
Areas that i know of are: One: the bottoms of the fenders, Two: the dogleg at the where quarter panel meets the rocker panel, Three: the front of the hood.

Other areas of interest are the rocker panels where they flare out at the back accumulate alot of chips. Also the rocker panels inside the door you can wear the paint of from constant scuffing upon entry.
I discovered rust under my chrome hatchstrip yesterday, hooray! I doubt that's covered under warranty and I'm not sure if I'd want the dealership working on my car to fix it anyways.

Also rust behind the front fenders at their base where all the rocks and road crap sandblast the car.
i don't believe i have any rust, and i've got a 01 :D
I do I do. In the hatch area where the hatch closes!
ZX3 Canuck,Jun 22 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:I discovered rust under my chrome hatchstrip yesterday, hooray! I doubt that's covered under warranty and I'm not sure if I'd want the dealership working on my car to fix it anyways.

Also rust behind the front fenders at their base where all the rocks and road crap sandblast the car.
[right][snapback]116242[/snapback][/right]

That was a recall.
ANTHONYD,Jun 22 2005, 06:44 PM Wrote:That was a recall.
[right][snapback]116278[/snapback][/right]

No, it was a TSB, Im holding a copy of it right now in my hands.
paolo,Jun 22 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 22 2005, 06:44 PM Wrote:That was a recall.
[right][snapback]116278[/snapback][/right]

No, it was a TSB, Im holding a copy of it right now in my hands.
[right][snapback]116291[/snapback][/right]

Any way to send me a copy? :)
none here.
i looked at my 2000.. no rust but the hood has some nice paint chipped off of it :D
No rust but at 15km I hope not, but you never know.
David
mine 2000 focus has rust,chips and tends! It winter driving so...not this year though, im going to try to take it off the road this winter.
HAD some, trunk moisture vent holes... eradicated. Same for the edge of the trunklid... vanquished.

Otherwise, besides that rear "dogleg" door frame problem I was having, nope.
Chrome hatch strip rust building again - Already went to ford, getting a body colored on instead seeing how this is my 2nd chrome one, I give up. - warranty

inner hatch is building rust - warranty

oh do i ever have some rust spots. front of rocker panels, doglegs, rear door area
both sides. UNfortunately, the front tires were a shitty design and they stick out a little to far at the bottom.
anyways gonna fix it this summer then get a kit over winter.or sooner? $$$?

greg
I had the hatch handle issue, but I stopped the rust and probably will shave the hatch instead of fixing what's there. Touch up paint is fine for now.
ZX3TUNR,Jun 22 2005, 06:28 PM Wrote:In Sask it stays for a while. This is the praries aka desert.
[right][snapback]116261[/snapback][/right]

Focus paint sucks!!! Could they have applied it a little thinner?
Found a coulpe small spots underneath my spare tire :(
Rockers have rust, front fenders have rust and the trunk lid has a bit of rust. Car goes to the body man probably next week or week after to get all cleaned up.
Pages: 1 2