FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtf!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Linky

Scary :ph34r:

Apparently If your car is modified for "speed" it can be impounded now, no questions asked.
Police in all the G.T.A. cities, along with Barrie, South Simcoe, Guelph, Ottawa, London and Waterloo have been given special powers to seize and impound cars that have been specially modified for speed.

Wow, bad for the innocent, good for the assholes out there.....
Yup, its pretty ridiculous. i wonder what they consider "modified for speed" If i was F/I i'd definatley watch out.
I think the media are probably exaggerating a little bit. They're probably going after the Twin Turbo'd, NOS injected, Stuporcharged, rice rockets.

I wouldn't worry about body, suspension, and ice mods.
unless they have proof that i race on the streets...my lawyer will have a feild day wiht them, all i have to say is that i race it at the track on weekends.
ZX5focused,Jun 1 2005, 04:22 PM Wrote:unless they have proof that i race on the streets...my lawyer will have a feild day wiht them, all i have to say is that i race it at the track on weekends.
[right][snapback]112038[/snapback][/right]

then your insurance will have a fieldday with you :blink:
well, this sucks, but i do wonder what they they will be looking for when talking about "modified for speed.."
smith21,Jun 1 2005, 04:42 PM Wrote:well, this sucks, but i do wonder what they they will be looking for when talking about "modified for speed.."
[right][snapback]112044[/snapback][/right]

You can't really consider things like an intake, exhaust, UDP's, and other bolt ons of that sort as "speed" enhancers.. I'm guessing it's just turbos, NOS, S/C, that kinda thing
I think it's taken a bit out of context.. if you're seen zipping along at night driving like a prick, I'm sure they're going to impound your car. This can't be just something that they pulled out of their asses to keep modded cars off the road.
Steve, You better take off that whaletail, that plus the vortech is a lethal combination, your car will get impounded for sure :lol:
Let the impounding begin. They're going to take every little ricer's car away for sure. The problem is that it's so vague that maybe someone car argue that your stereo will make you go faster because the music it plays gets you in a reckless mood.

Another stupid arguement could be that if I take a stock corvette to the races they can't impound it because it haven't changed anything to make it go faster since I bought it. This is gonna be one funny summer!
Fawk them. Touch my car with it's SC and I'll sick my stout legal team on their ass.
The insurance co. knows so I am legit!
Maybe they wanna race sometime?

With red lights and sirens flashing?
scoobasteve,Jun 1 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:Steve, You better take off that whaletail, that plus the vortech is a lethal combination, your car will get impounded for sure  :lol:
[right][snapback]112050[/snapback][/right]

but the big brakes add more stop..

more stop + more go = go nowhere
the cops in guelph/cambridge/K-W did this last summer .. and they just got stupid with it, they'd setup random checks or just pull you over for no apparant reason then start handing out the tickets for the smallest things they could find. I heard they gave out around 250 tickets in the 3 months they were doing it.

just make sure your horn works .. that there is a $300 ticket and its something to get the cops started
darkpuppet,Jun 1 2005, 05:12 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jun 1 2005, 06:04 PM Wrote:Steve, You better take off that whaletail, that plus the vortech is a lethal combination, your car will get impounded for sure  :lol:
[right][snapback]112050[/snapback][/right]

but the big brakes add more stop..

more stop + more go = go nowhere
[right][snapback]112055[/snapback][/right]

Touche..... try explaining that to a cop though :lol: :P
schade,Jun 1 2005, 06:15 PM Wrote:the cops in guelph/cambridge/K-W did this last summer .. and they just got stupid with it, they'd setup random checks or just pull you over for no apparant reason then start handing out the tickets for the smallest things they could find.  I heard they gave out around 250 tickets in the 3 months they were doing it.

just make sure your horn works .. that there is a $300 ticket and its something to get the cops started
[right][snapback]112057[/snapback][/right]

Yeh man...thats totally true...2 people I know in guelph got booked for honestly, nothing....1 dood got off, the other got a $220.00 fine for 'illegal exhaust' or something...

microbunny,Jun 1 2005, 06:28 PM Wrote:Yeh man...thats totally true...2 people I know in guelph got booked for honestly, nothing....1 dood got off, the other got a $220.00 fine for 'illegal exhaust' or something...
[right][snapback]112061[/snapback][/right]

I think fining people for loud exhausts is easier than trying to convince them that louder doesn't necessarily mean more horsepower.
Just throw the cop a doughnut and make a quick getaway. :lol:
Street racing is never going to stop, no matter how hard they try.

Are they going start impounding stock cars like the SRT-4, Cobalt SS and ION Redlines. They all come boosted stock and exhaust.
wat about all the old muscle cars built up. Like can't just pick on the kids and rice rockets.
Pages: 1 2 3