FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focussport/vf Engineering S/c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've finally completed the installation. Haven't started it up yet, i'll wait until tommorow night to double check the conenctions again....zip tie a few more wires together and clean up the messy engine bay.....

I just think it looks pretty weird with the tanks on the other side.

[Image: sc-1.jpg]

edit: i'll probably be re-routing the hoses as I don't really like how they are positioned right now.
Looks awesome

01-yellow-ZX3

Looks niiiice!

Quote:Haven't started it up yet, i'll wait until tommorow night

How are you gonna sleep tonight??? :o

Quote:I just think it looks pretty weird with the tanks on the other side.

It does look out of place of course, but the injected moulded intake tubes = sweeeet.
I should be done mine tomorrow night as well. I'll post pics and we can compare installs :lol:
Looks sweet Kev... can't wait to see it live
HOT AIR, PLZ HELP :blink:

i think u can have some extra hp if you find a cooler place for the filter ;)
Is this Normal?

VIDEO
this sound is from the filter (air flow), the belt, the turbo .... any more infos ?

seems to be on idle only
I took it for a quick spin, I never really reved it beyond 4500rpm so nothing ever really came alive power wise, the most boost I saw was 5psi.

When its moving you can't really hear it. I can just imagine going through the drivethrough with this thing being as loud as it is....

Meh, my race header will dull out the noise...
sounds pretty noemal for a Vortech based SC...

or it atleast sounds like all the vortechs i have heard.
sounds pretty noemal for a Vortech based SC...

or it atleast sounds like all the vortechs i have heard.
Mitch, you dam double poster :P :lol:

I dont think it sounds any louder then the ProCharger. I like it. I dont think the hot air is going to be much of an issue where the filter is. Guess you could make it into a CAI style :D

Now what it really needs is that stage 2 tune, header, the pullies and water/meth injection :D

How much distance is there between those new coolant and power steering lines and the header.
With these shorty headers its pretty close, 3-4 inches I havent measured. Once I get the race headers I'll gain a bit of room there due to the design of them.
I can't wait to see/hear/drive :o that beast on Saturday. Just kidding about the driving part ;)
much nicer install than the vortech kit...
Here's mine:

[Image: DSCN1571.jpg]
Is this a custom kit or designed by a company,why all the piping is exposed to the radiating heat from the engine,it might be a clever idea for packaging but not good for performance. B)
It was designed by focussport and vf engineering. The IAT probably isn't that different when your moving. The only time the IAT's will go through the roof is in stop and go traffic. But that happens stock too...

hardk0re,Jun 1 2005, 04:07 AM Wrote:It was designed by focussport and vf engineering.  The IAT probably isn't that different when your moving.  The only time the IAT's will go through the roof is in stop and go traffic.  But that happens stock too...
[right][snapback]111846[/snapback][/right]
How much HP and torque and at what psi? B)
coolsvt,May 31 2005, 10:55 PM Wrote:Is this a custom kit or designed by a company,why all the piping is exposed to the radiating  heat from the engine,it might be a clever idea for packaging but not good for performance. B)
[right][snapback]111833[/snapback][/right]

I dont see the heat being a major problem. The FMAX kit is designed worse for heat soak issues. :huh:
Pages: 1 2 3