FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cleaning Engine Bay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What type of cleaner should i use for cleaning the engine bay?

its full of dust and dirt, should i just spray on a degreaser and wipe off? or just hose the bitch down??

what has everyone else used, tips or tricks?

thanks
Watered down degeaser.

Simple green or something like that.....cant remember the exact name of it....
Use watered down simple green. Go easy though. That s**t will remove any branding you may have on your engine. Don't let it sit too long... and make sure the engine is cool VERY COOL.
i just goto the car wash. spray on some simple green then just wash it all off very lighty with the gun. I dont even put pressure on it. Just let the water run out. Then I dried it all off and used this engine spray my brother has that shines everything up.

Be sure to bag around the plugs. I found the plug wire dont seal to good and I ended up with moisture in there. Then it sat all winter and its all rusted up in there now. Prolly not a good thing but w/e not like this engine is going to last for ever anyway.
im kinda iffy about hosing down the engine bay...could i just spray the simple green whatever watered down and wipe off??
FociPhil,May 6 2005, 02:44 PM Wrote:im kinda iffy about hosing down the engine bay...could i just spray the simple green whatever watered down and wipe off??
[right][snapback]106828[/snapback][/right]

YES!

DO NOT SPRAY THE ENGINE!!!!!
You can spray it safely with a garden hose but never never a pressure washer.
2001 ZTS,May 6 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:You can spray it safely with a garden hose but never never a pressure washer.
[right][snapback]106839[/snapback][/right]

pressure washers are only good for cleaning the driveway.