Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning Engine Bay
What type of cleaner should i use for cleaning the engine bay?

its full of dust and dirt, should i just spray on a degreaser and wipe off? or just hose the bitch down??

what has everyone else used, tips or tricks?

thanks
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Watered down degeaser.

Simple green or something like that.....cant remember the exact name of it....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Use watered down simple green. Go easy though. That s**t will remove any branding you may have on your engine. Don't let it sit too long... and make sure the engine is cool VERY COOL.
i just goto the car wash. spray on some simple green then just wash it all off very lighty with the gun. I dont even put pressure on it. Just let the water run out. Then I dried it all off and used this engine spray my brother has that shines everything up.

Be sure to bag around the plugs. I found the plug wire dont seal to good and I ended up with moisture in there. Then it sat all winter and its all rusted up in there now. Prolly not a good thing but w/e not like this engine is going to last for ever anyway.
im kinda iffy about hosing down the engine bay...could i just spray the simple green whatever watered down and wipe off??
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,May 6 2005, 02:44 PM Wrote:im kinda iffy about hosing down the engine bay...could i just spray the simple green whatever watered down and wipe off??
[right][snapback]106828[/snapback][/right]

YES!

DO NOT SPRAY THE ENGINE!!!!!
You can spray it safely with a garden hose but never never a pressure washer.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,May 6 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:You can spray it safely with a garden hose but never never a pressure washer.
[right][snapback]106839[/snapback][/right]

pressure washers are only good for cleaning the driveway.