FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MY BOYFRIEND JUST GOT A PAIR OF TSW 17 INCH RIMS FOR MY 2003 FOCUS, AND THEY RUB WHEN I HAVE ANYBODY IN THE BACK SEAT (TIRES TOO BIG FOR WHEEL WELL). IS THERE A WAY THAT I CAN GET THIS FIXED. OR ARE THERE A SET OF RIMS THAT WILL FIT WITHOUT A PROBLEM. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

maybe you need a lower profile tire than wat's on it. Specially when u goto a bigger rim.
Yeh..what he said^^

also..what model..sedan or hatch? is your car lowered? what are the specs on your tires currently?
I think you need a new boyfriend.

Did I mention I like walking on the beach, holding hands, talking about my feelings and crap like that?
IT'S NOT LOWERED. THE TIRES THAT ARE ON THERE RIGHT NOW ARE A LOW PROFILE YOKOHOMA A520'S SIZE 215/45ZR17/87W. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO WORK ON THE BODY TO GET THESE THINGS TO FIT PROPERLY. WHAT ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS ?
2001 ZTS,May 1 2005, 07:16 PM Wrote:I think you need a new boyfriend.

Did I mention I like walking on the beach, holding hands, talking about my feelings and crap like that?
[right][snapback]105785[/snapback][/right]

HE SAYS TO STUFF IT. BUT NICE TRY :lol: . WE DO THAT ALREADY. ;) .
Exchange 'em for a set of 205s? I didn't think a Focus at stock height had these kinds of issues.

I'll let the suspension gurus weigh in here, but I figure you need stiffer springs / struts.
I WAS READING 2001 ZTS'S COMMENTS AND HE MENTIONED AN EVO VIDEO. WHAT IS THAT ABOUT. MY RIMS ARE TSW EVO'S.

I THINK I MIGHT HAVE TO TRY THE 205'S BUT THEY'RE GONNA COST A BIT.
IS THERE A WAY I CAN PUT PICS ON HERE TO SHOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?
Worth a try. ;)

OK what model of TSW rims are they and what is the offset?

Edit: Just read your post, it's like we read eachother's minds :lol: , TSW EVO's then. EVO is also a car (Mitsubushi) by the way.

Edit2: I can't find any info on your offset.

HOW TO MEASURE OFFSET
1. Place the wheel (without tire) on a flat surface like a kitchen table with the valve stem up toward the ceiling.

2. Put a ruler down through the center hub hole.

3. With the ruler touching the table notice where the bottom side of the center touches the rule- That's what we call the wheel backspacing or offset.

2001 ZTS,May 1 2005, 07:32 PM Wrote:Worth a try. ;)

Edit: Just read your post, it's like we read eachother's minds :lol: , TSW EVO's then. EVO is also a car (Mitsubushi) by the way.
[right][snapback]105790[/snapback][/right]

i'm not sure of the offset....i need to ask the guy that he bought them from. what other kind of modification will i need to do for these rims?
the spec are 4x108
front wheel drive
what does the offset have to do with the car?
PICKERINGFOCUS,May 1 2005, 07:50 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,May 1 2005, 07:32 PM Wrote:Worth a try. ;)

[right][snapback]105790[/snapback][/right]

i'm not sure of the offset....i need to ask the guy that he bought them from. what other kind of modification will i need to do for these rims?
[right][snapback]105792[/snapback][/right]

[B]WHAT KIND OF TIRES DO U HAVE..AND SIZE OF RIMS?
AM I GOING TO NEED TO TILT THE RIMS AND PUT ON CAMBERS, OR TILT THE TIRES?
The offset is pretty much how far into the wheel well the wheels sit. Too large of an offset can cause rubbing as the tires sit too far into the wheel well.
Compared to stock your tires are about .5" wider, and about .6" taller. I don't see why you would be rubbing....
*EDIT: Unless it does have to do with the offset.....

I'm selling some nice 16" wheels in the F/S section, they will fit for sure :D
THEY ONLY RUB WHEN SOMEONE IS SITTING IN THE BACK SIT WHILE TURNING A CORNER.

HOW MUCH FOR THE RIMS? WHAT KIND OF TIRES ARE ON THEM...AND HOW LONG HAVE U HAD THEM?
ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD TIRE PLACE IN THE DURHAM REGION? A PLACE THAT WILL NOT SCREW U..AND MAKE POSSIBLE TRADES/EXCHANGE? B)
That was a sort of confusing definition of offset, this link is better:

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

For stock wheels it is 52mm, I think for 17's the ideal is 45? anyone else?
mine are 17 x 7's with 44mil offset with 215-40's...car lowered 1.5 inches.....no rub.

it is all in the offset...
OK I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED.

THE OFFSET..IS IT HOW THE CAR IS ADJUSTED FOR THE SIZE OF THE TIRES? CAUSE I USED TO HAVE FACTORY RIMS FOR 14 INCH.

SHOULD I HAVE TO CHANGE THE SIZE OF THE BRAKE HUB OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT? ;)
Pages: 1 2