FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Eibach Sportlines Installed,rough Ride!help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

2003svt

Just wondering what the solution is to get a better ride now that I have the Eibach Sportline kit installed in my SVT? I thought that the stock SVT shocks would be more than adequate considering it comes lowered from factory. Is their a better shock that will give me a softer ride or am I outta luck cuz the car is too low? I love the overall stance off the car 2" drop in front and 1.8" in back, but the bumps are bone crushing and i feel like the whole car is coming apart not to mention that I can feel the shock completly out of travel and bottom out. Is the solution a stiffer shock? shorter shock if their are any such things? need help cuz the ride is BRUTAL at best. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
thats lowering for ya ;) even with my eibach pro dampers i get a really rough ride.. our roads are probably the worst in north america too but same thing everyday :P
Yeah your SVT shocks are probably shot, they are not designed for that LOW of a drop. Go with the Eibach Pro Dampers (also made for the Sportlines) and you'll be set.

Remember though, your adding a performance spring so your going to have a more 'solid' ride......
i wouldn't say they are shot.. but im thinking they might be a bit more rough.. anyway you do it, its gonna be rough.. maybe some setups less than others of course..
BerinG,Apr 21 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:i wouldn't say they are shot.. but im thinking they might be a bit more rough.. anyway you do it, its gonna be rough.. maybe some setups less than others of course..
[right][snapback]103377[/snapback][/right]

Not necessarily shot but on average the stock dampers will wear out within 6 months of driving if your using them with a lowering spring. I guess I shouldn't have said "shot" as in like garbage, they still work but they deteriorate the ride quality considerably compared to a damper designed to work with your lowering spring.
S2,Apr 21 2005, 12:37 PM Wrote:
BerinG,Apr 21 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:i wouldn't say they are shot.. but im thinking they might be a bit more rough.. anyway you do it, its gonna be rough.. maybe some setups less than others of course..
[right][snapback]103377[/snapback][/right]

Not necessarily shot but on average the stock dampers will wear out within 6 months of driving if your using them with a lowering spring. I guess I shouldn't have said "shot" as in like garbage, they still work but they deteriorate the ride quality considerably compared to a damper designed to work with your lowering spring.
[right][snapback]103385[/snapback][/right]

you're right, i agree with that
Welcome to suspension tuning. Like Bering Said, even with my FK shortened Struts, the ride is def a lot more 'ruff', compred to stock. I love it. :D
In my old CRX I put yellow Konis in with the stock spring. The ride was super harsh. It would bang just going over tar expansion filler. When I put a stiffer spring in, it smoothed the ride. I'm just thinking here, are the spring you put in lower/same/ higher in spring rate over stock. You said you lowered it 2in in front, now your shock is prematurly compressed. Maybe your hitting the bump stops on your shocks, now that you don't have the travel. Like I said I'm just thinking.

Can anyone tell me the stock spring rates on a 2000 ZX3. Thanks

DRyanC
BerinG,Apr 21 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:thats lowering for ya ;) even with my eibach pro dampers i get a really rough ride.. our roads are probably the worst in north america too but same thing everyday :P
[right][snapback]103372[/snapback][/right]

Our roads sucks!!! Sometimes I think that the spring will just shoot when I hit something! stupid road.

01-yellow-ZX3

The drop is more like 2/2.25".

To make things better you'll have to upgrade your shocks/struts.
Wirelessly posted (Nokia6682/2.0 (2.50.8) SymbianOS/8.0 Series60/2.6 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

BerinG,Apr 21 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:our roads are probably the worst in north america too but same thing everyday :P
[right][snapback]103372[/snapback][/right]

I can agree with this, as I`ve drivein in Quebec on my friends lowered car, I lost count of how many times weve bottomed out, but the same car in Ontario roads drives fine.
My car is barely lowered... maybe an 1" - 1.25"... I run KYB GR-2's... montreal hated my car... bang bang bang nothign but bottoming out... Toronto I'm pretty safe. Ride is smooth as glass... rougher than stock, yes, but still comfortable. That'll all change may 1st... damned 17's :P
Montreal roads are hell on lowered cars
I got the eibach Pro-Kit 1.5" drop and I gotta say...I love my Ford Focus! My ride was not sacrficed and if anything, feelinbg a few more bumps and noise is actually a good thing for myself@@

Sportlines seem to be too low....especially for today roads...(our roads)..look into the pro-damper kit...it'll help you out on that drop!!!
i highly doubt the ride is ever going to be as smooth as stock now that you've lowered your car.. that's just how it goes...
That's why I haven't lowered my car. Svt got it perfect for my taste, enough firmness/sportiness without causing your fillings to come loose. Yes it would look better if it sat a little closer to the ground but is it worth destroying what the svt engineers thought was the best compromise of comfort/performance. Now if I would use this car as a track car instead of my daily driver that'd be a different story ;) .
yeah i curbed 2 wheels and wasted a tire.. since i dropped the car last year..
I hate my 4x4-quality tire gap, but every time I find a reason to lower the car I find another reason to keep it at the stock ride height. That's why I keep eyeing the SVT suspension retrofit. :)
Quote:Not necessarily shot but on average the stock dampers will wear out within 6 months of driving if your using them with a lowering spring. I guess I shouldn't have said "shot" as in like garbage, they still work but they deteriorate the ride quality considerably compared to a damper designed to work with your lowering spring.

Reminds me of an article I read about a chick who ownes a Protoge5 here and I quote from her "I would not recommend coilovers to any one as my stock shocks were destroyed in 2 months". I'm sure she had the thing slammed to the ground. The best part was that the article was mainly about how she didn't get any respect from guys being a chick with a modified car. :rolleyes: :lol:

Quote:That's why I haven't lowered my car. Svt got it perfect for my taste, enough firmness/sportiness without causing your fillings to come loose. Yes it would look better if it sat a little closer to the ground but is it worth destroying what the svt engineers thought was the best compromise of comfort/performance. Now if I would use this car as a track car instead of my daily driver that'd be a different story  .

I'm with ya 100%. I really would like mine lower, but this thread is exactly why I haven't done it.
I'm telling you guys...I was very nervous to lower my ride and 1500km later on the Eibach Pro-Kit 1.4"-1.6" Drop, I'm very happy and havent sacrificed much at all...

the ride is smooth, cornering is drastically improved, and only slightly more road noise through my tyres,...

I'd say this drop is ideal....great looks, great performance, great price, and not too low that its a hassle...
Pages: 1 2 3