FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Leather Shift Boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was another member on here that had made some leather shift boots. I wanted to order some at the time, but did not and now he has not been active on here for a long time, so I decided to try my hand at making my own. A friend of mine cut up her leather pants and made shorts out of them. She gave me one of the legs as raw material.

Before:
[Image: IMG_1052.jpg]

Taken apart, note how beat up the cheap vinyl boot was:
[Image: IMG_1060.jpg]

Used the old boot to pattern the new leather:
[Image: IMG_1061.jpg]

Stitched all up:
[Image: IMG_1062.jpg]

Final product installed:
[Image: IMG_1064.jpg]
Looks great!
looks really good, nice job!
Good use of the leather chaps you used to wear.
Nice work. Any photos of your female friend?
The pants could look better with holes cut out.
Well done,

I had the ebrake boot replaced by a leather duplicate made by that member.

Makes things look classier IMO

NefCanuck
Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

BTW - IIRC the guy who did these for us a couple of years ago was the pepperman ... he's still quite active on the "airplane" site sout of the border.

And finally ... I was wondering what kind of fragrance the leather had ... cowhide or .......... female.
ZTWsquared,May 3 2009, 08:23 PM Wrote:Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

BTW - IIRC the guy who did these for us a couple of years ago was the pepperman ... he's still quite active on the "airplane" site sout of the border.

And finally ... I was wondering what kind of fragrance the leather had ... cowhide or .......... female.
[right][snapback]286434[/snapback][/right]

Hay Ken his name is "mailman666" I talked to him last summer, I think he is out of T.O.
He seems like a decent guy to deal with.
ZTWsquared,May 3 2009, 07:23 PM Wrote:Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

[right][snapback]286434[/snapback][/right]

Well lucky for me, my wife does not frequent this site. Actually it is only the second time I've used that sewing machine. I prefer to figure out how to do something and then have the satisfaction that I did it myself. The internet is a great resource.

As far as your last question... lambskin... :ph34r:

I knew that a co-worker had worked at Danier Leather and I had asked her if she could get some leather scraps for my project. She tried unsucessfully and then offered to part out her extensive little-worn leather wardrobe.